Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 05:07:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tickets----one way v. round trip  (Read 7249 times)
ARTILLARY
« on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

I was just reading a thread from another forum and it was of some interest to me. It mentioned that if a woman/fiance is allowed to travel here on a K-1 visa, can she enter the United States with a one way ticket? What is the criteria for that? Some of the answers were yes, it's assumed she is going to stay here. Another was, not really an answer, but only said it gives them peace of mind that they can leave within the 90 days. What is the correct answer for this? Once she enters POE what documents will she receive?
Ray
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tickets----one way v. round trip, posted by ARTILLARY on Jul 21, 2005

There is no requirement that a K-1 holder have a round-trip ticket. If a travel agent tells you that, find another travel agent. If you want to buy a round-trip to give her peace of mind that she won’t be abandoned and stranded, I would try to find one that is refundable or at least partially refundable.

Frank makes a good point about cost of one-way tickets. They generally cost significantly more than half of a round-trip fare but less that a regular round-trip. But it may pay to shop around and compare with any special promos on round-trip fares. I know some airlines used to offer special fares for new immigrants purchasing one-way fares.

She should receive a completed Form I-94 at her POE. Make sure she has it because she will need it.

Ray

ARTILLARY
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tickets----one way v. round trip, posted by Ray on Jul 21, 2005

Thanks for the reply. As a rule RT tiickets are cheaper than OW. but some airlines like aerosvit are cheaper OW especially if they're bought there. I will go with the premise that OW is good to enter the U.S.
Frank O
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tickets----one way v. round trip, posted by ARTILLARY on Jul 21, 2005

Well one thing about round trip is that they are CHEAPER. I got one round trip for my wife (soon to be ex) I'm so glad because she USED it.
WillMc
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Tickets----one way v. round trip, posted by Frank O on Jul 21, 2005

Even if the round trip ticket is a little more expensive, I suggest you get it.  You never know.  My fiancee was here a month when her daughter back in Moscow had an emergency.  Of course Mama had to return home immediately.

2nd point, Make VERY sure your fiancee receives an I-94 upon entry.  The Homeland Security agent at JFK neglected to give my fiancee one.  Unfortunately I did not know enough to check for it and now I am in a mess trying to straighten that out.  It is going to cost me a lot more than any differnce between a one way and a return ticket for sure.

Ray
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Tickets----one way v. round trip, posted by WillMc on Jul 21, 2005

If she uses the second half of the RT ticket to go home for an emergency, how will she come back again? With a one-way ticket? :-)
Frank O
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Tickets----one way v. round ..., posted by Ray on Jul 21, 2005

I thought the same thing.
WillMc
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Tickets----one way v. ro..., posted by Frank O on Jul 21, 2005

I will buy a round trip ticket for her.  The savings for a one way ticket are too small.  It is worth it to me to cover the insurance provided by a round trip ticket in case of another "What if."

Besides, with family and many friends in "Mother Russia" I know she will need to visit.  Then I will reconsider the economics of a one way or another round trip ticket.

All this is dependent upon how quickly I can fix the missing I-94 problem.  So far USCIS has not been very helpful.  I am not sure even that it is a serious problem.  Galina sent the proof that she had returned to Russia that they required.  She never received any acknowlegedment that the proof had been received or accpted.  I have written letters asking if her visa record was OK and so far I have not received any reply either.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: