Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 18, 2024, 09:35:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Processing dates  (Read 40232 times)
ARTILLARY
« on: December 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Does anyone know if the initial processing for the I-129F fiancee visa from the Texas Service Center is still taking about 90 days before it is approved or not?
Dan
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Processing dates, posted by ARTILLARY on Dec 21, 2004

I-129F applications submitted on August 27, 2004 - or about 4 months behind.

- Dan

Frank O
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Man I just checked that web page & decided to check on my case status online once again & it says our I-129F was approved on 12-21. Dang it took a long time!!!
ARTILLARY
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to WHOA!!! Mine got approved on Dec 21!!!!, posted by Frank O on Dec 23, 2004

Hey Frank. Congatulations!!!. However, I wasn't aware that if you were married in Ukraine, I thought you had to file a 131 instead of a 129F. Am I mistaken? Or possibly I don't understand. How does that work? I believe that if you were married there, she'll have to go to Warsaw for her interview. Or has that changed? Good luck and  Merry Christmas!!! Arty
Frank O
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: WHOA!!! Mine got approved on Dec 21!..., posted by ARTILLARY on Dec 24, 2004

The interview would be in Kiev. I did something stupid & used an attorney. I think I recall my attorney saying she filed BOTH a fiance visa AND our K3. Perhaps as a way to see which was faster? Not sure though. I'll take ANYTHING at this point to get my wife here faster.
Dan
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: WHOA!!! Mine got approved on Dec..., posted by Frank O on Dec 24, 2004

Neither the K-1 nor the K-3 are the fastest route. By far, the fastest is DCF (Direct Consular Filing).

In some ways, the K-3 and the DCF are VERY similar. If you used an attorney, my bet is that he (or she) knew he couldn't offer much for DCF processing, hence, he (or she) elected the K-3 option.

If you told him (or her) that you wanted the fastest possible processing time post-marriage, then your attorney did you a disservice.

Oh well - nothing to do now but let the bureaucratic wheels grind - unfortunately.

FWIW (not much)

- Dan

Frank O
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Not That It Helps Now, BUT . . ., posted by Dan on Dec 24, 2004

I was so ignorant I didn't even KNOW about the DCF otherwise I WOULD have gone that route. I'll be honest I had just heard a K3 was fastest & did not even know about the DCF till this past summer. Of course it was too late at that point. Thanks anyways, perhaps this might save SOMEONE sometime so as to avoid what I went/am going through.
LP
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Not That It Helps Now, BUT . . ., posted by Frank O on Dec 24, 2004

[This message has been edited by LP]

...Most people would have researched this serious an endeavor long before jumping into it. I feel for you Frank but you're blaming a lot of the wrong people. At least you admit your ignorance. Yes, your lawyer did you wrong and the gummint is slow but you also need to accept you reap what you sow. I hope you approached other factors in this thing in a more intelligent way but from your posts I sometimes wonder. You fall into the same category of those who come here after being scammed and cry about it. They almost universally got whacked because they asked for it or didn't do their homework, which is why I'm somewhat amused at the group hugs that occurs in those instances.

Let's face it, the more an endeavor prevents one from having complete control over it the more one needs to educate oneself prior to getting involved. It's simply common sense. It's also what separates the men from the boys, the difference between being hot shti in a champagne glass versus cold diarrhea in a dixie cup. Don't get me wrong, although I consider guys who go into this with blinders on to be at fault it doesn't mean I'm completely unsympathetic to their resultant plights. But that doesn't change the fact they need to take responsibility for digging their own hole instead of whining about it and blaming others.

I also hate to be the bearer of additional bad news but you've still got a lot more of a wait then I think you're assuming. However, from what I see it isn't going to be end up being any longer than most. What's the rush anyway? I know a few guys who used months of the time available after visa issuance before bringing their squeeze over. Are you that lonely? You're breaking my heart. How about those who'll spend these holidays after losing loved ones in the war on democracy? If not, how's about feeling bad for me? Try spending your holidays freezing in Detroit (or even toasting by the pool at Fort Lauderdale's Marriott) after shuttling everyone else around the country to be with their familes while yours does without you...again. There, if I have to listen to your whining the least you can do is listen to mine.

Feel bad for me? No? By George, I think he's got it. Merry Christmas...

Davej
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to WHOA!!! Mine got approved on Dec 21!!!!, posted by Frank O on Dec 23, 2004

have you had your interview yet?
TwoBitBandit
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

romachko
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Six months: It's not bad at all. It'll be relatively fast from here. You'll hear soon from the clearing house in the east coast. Then the document will be forwarded to the U.S. Embassy, whoch will contact your fiancee. D-day is near!
Bobby Orr
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Best of luck.
Frank O
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Yes, since June 19th I was received my I-797 telling me it would take approximately 60 - 90 days. Well I'm fricking PI$$ED!!! :-((( This has caused havoc on my marriage not to mention my libido & demeanor. I have even written my congressman. The Texas Service Center won't even give me a reason for the delay. All they did was send ANOTHER I -797 dated AUGUST 18th to start again?! That has been over 120 itself so whichever way you look at it they are WAY BEHIND man. I can't say enough about my frustration with this piece of $hit incompetence & lack of accountability in our government.
wsbill
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hope I don't rain on your parade...I'm @..., posted by Frank O on Dec 22, 2004

Tomorrow, but our government is in holiday mode this time of the year.  From Thanksgiving all the way up to New Years.

Ain't nobody workin.  So kick back and relax.  I had to go take a physical the other day and the people wouldn't even lift a finger to help me.  And yea, I'm talkin about our government.

You just better hope they didn't loose your paperwork. LOL.

Sorry.

Frank O
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Frank I wish you'd get your paper wo..., posted by wsbill on Dec 22, 2004

I've already resigned myself to the fact that NOTHING will get done till next year. As for my paperwork apparently it did "get lost" in the shuffle. Wound up in the wrong servicing center & I don't know what else. In either case it doesn't matter the reality is I'm close 180 days which is TWICE what is should have taken. What a load of bunk man. Meanwhile my wife was thinking perhaps I wasn't even getting the paperwork done etc. What a mess. Please pray for this to get through.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: