Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 10:18:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Teeth  (Read 11502 times)
Bobby Orr
« on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

My girl always told me how great her teeth were.  I had four cavities in my life and have been lucky enough to go to the dentist enough for cleanings to maintain healthy teeth and gums and figured her teeth must be like mine.  They looked ok ie. very straight and full for someone coming out of the FSU.  She told me she was worried a wisdom tooth was starting to come out and wanted me to get her to a dentist sometime this year to get it evaluated etc.  This past Saturday I needed a teeth cleaning / checkup so I figured we would kill two birds with one stone and took my wife in as well.  Anyway, the dentist opened her mouth and immediately declared she had five cavities, one of which is huge - probably the "wisdom" tooth pain, and that was before xraying her teeth.  Next Saturday he will get to work on her teeth.  Needless to say, she has cavities throughout her mouth and the dentist will have to anesthetize her whole mouth, hence two more visits to fill her cavities properly (can not abolish the gag reflex thats why two visits).  My dentist told us that she had "good teeth," just that the dentists in her small city missed the boat on her.  Anyway, when we spent some time discussing her shoddy dental professionals, she tells me she had complained of tooth pain to many dentists over the years, but they would look at her mouth and declare how great her teeth were and how lucky she was to have such teeth.  Dentists there also said to her that she should not complain about pain in her teeth because if she kept on compalining they would think of referring her to a mental hospital.  Bottom line - for those of you bringing a girl over from the FSU - get her to a dentist sooner rather than later.
Sunny
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Teeth, posted by Bobby Orr on Jan 10, 2005

My brother-in-law dentist informed me that high quality raw materials for dentistry are quite expensive.  The Russian dental work he has seen is generally substandard not because of lack of skill but due to poor quality materials.
My Belarussian wife will also need extensive dental and orthodontic care due to a serious bite problem. Newbies should be forewarned about the serious dental expenses ahead!
Stevo
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Teeth, posted by Sunny on Jan 11, 2005

ggg
wsbill
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to $15K and counting...another $5K should j..., posted by Stevo on Jan 12, 2005

And buy a set of $200 dentures.

Then she could gum you at night, hi hi.

KenC
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Wouldn't have been easier just to pu..., posted by wsbill on Jan 13, 2005

Bill,
Your post not only shows a complete lack of thought or common sense, but is also disrespectful to someone's wife.  Women from the fsu may just be pictures you view on websites, but in this case we happen to be talking about our wives!  Show a little respect.

Here is a thought for your consideration.  If you do not have anything to add to a conversation, say NOTHING.  It is much better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.
KenC

wsbill
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to idiotic comment, posted by KenC on Jan 13, 2005

n/t
Haroshij
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

That's my experience also. Elena told me she had regularly visited a clever dentist in Russia, and paid a lot for keeping and repairing her teeth. (She had a good income and  could afford to pay). After coming here she got some problems and it turned out that the dentist had to repair what had been done in Russia.

However, still she believes very much in Russian dentists and doctors.

Haroshij

Oatmeal
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

My wife is going in today to get her teeth worked on.  My wife insisted that the state of dental care was adequate in Ukraine until she visited the dentist here and found out just how much work she needed.

As I understand it, she will most likely need 3 crowns and who knows what else.

KenC
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Wait until they take the X-rays, it probably will get worse. All of the denistry work performed on my wife's teeth in Russia has been replaced here.  She is scheduled for one more root canal after the three she has already had here.  Expect your wife to want veneers too.  Hope your dental insurance is a lot better than mine.
KenC
wsbill
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Teeth, posted by KenC on Jan 10, 2005

In your check list to finding the perfect girl.

Having a panoramic x-ray of her mouth sounds like a must.

KenC
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: You'd think you guys would have incl..., posted by wsbill on Jan 13, 2005

Bill,
You really just do not get it, do you?  Bad teeth and bad prior denistry work is a fact of life when marrying a gal from the fsu.  It is NOT even a small consideration in the selection process.  Only an idiot would consider asking for a dental examination. I am afraid you are going to be alone for a very very long time.
KenC
LP
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to it is NOT like buying a horse, posted by KenC on Jan 13, 2005

...showing my age there I guess Wink

Ain't that the truth. Way back, once upon a time, I tried a dental inspection on a girl I was visiting. I tried to do it on the sly but she wised up pretty quickly (lol, must have been the flashlight). Needless to say it went over like a lead balloon. She said exactly the same thing: I'm not a horse! I'm more discreet these days but I still try to sneak a peek if I can, if not I don't worry too much about it. I consider it the cost of doing business and besides, poor oral hygenie tends to reveal itself in other ways.

Ah well, live and learn. I schoomzed that goof over but in the end it was all for naught. Turned out she was right, experience revealed her to be more female canine than equestrian Wink

Stevo
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

ggg
RickM
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

nt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: