Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 09:13:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chronological orders and approx. time frames  (Read 6290 times)
ARTILLARY
« on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello all. I've recently returned from a visit with my fiancee in Ukraine. I can't seem to stay away fom her for very long. I'm planning another visit in early spring. When I returned home I had a notice of receipt for the I129f I filed 2 months ago. The odd thing is, is that even though I filed through the Texas S.C., the receipt came from Laguna Niguel in California. What's up with that? I live in the south. Does this mean California has my case now? Also, do any of you know the chronological order of documents after the I129f that will need to be filed when it's approved? And approximate cost of each document? What is the approximate time frame from I129f to interview in Kiev? 7-8-9 months or more? Yesterday I checked the service centers progress on processing the I129f and the date was the same as it was 2 months ago. August 27th. Are they really that slow in processing or is it that they don't update their site very often? I will appreciate any info. Thanks, Arty
Frank O
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chronological orders and approx. time fr..., posted by ARTILLARY on Jan 11, 2005

I don't know if you know about my case but I had been waiting since June 29th. I also applied through the Texas SC. It was a TOTAL fiasco!!! I mean huge. They didn't know what the deal was with my case. Then they sent me the I-129F AGAIN this time with a date of August 18th (probably trying to "buy" more time regarding the 60 - 90 day time frame). In the end I had to write my local congressman. Within 10 days I had a response. I was told my case had "been lost" & since have had to RE SUBMIT ALL MY PAPERWORK. I'm currently awaiting the passport style photos from my wife. What really sucks is I told my wife how much more different & efficient our gvt was. Boy am I eating crow. 2 months!? I'd be jumping for joy man.
ARTILLARY
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Don't whine!!! LOL!!!, posted by Frank O on Jan 11, 2005

Frank. I never really understood your case. If you were married in Ukraine there would have been no reason for you to file a I-129f, at least from what I've  read. Also, there hasn't been any action on my case, just I received a receipt saying they got my application and money. Now I think the application will at some point get reviewed. Is that right? I'm not looking to whine about anthing. I know I'm dealing with the gov. so I have no high hopes of expediency. I'm just interested in time frames and maybe why this receipt came from California instead of where I sent the application to in Texas. Are there any other men out there that have recently filed?
tbirdjoy
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Don't whine!!! LOL!!!, posted by ARTILLARY on Jan 11, 2005

If it got sent to Calif be happy.  Calif has always been the second fastest regional center (behind Vermont) within the system. Texas being the very worst!

Mark

Frank O
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Don't whine!!! LOL!!!, posted by ARTILLARY on Jan 11, 2005

I was joking about the whining part. As for the I-129F hey I don't know I got one & my case is finally moving, go figure. I paid an atty to do everything so I wouldn't have to worry. In the end I had to get a hold of the congressman myself when my atty proved to be totaly incompetent. As for WHY my case wound up getting lost & NOT at the TXSC I have no idea. I've also had the IRS bundle my taxes for last year & had the SAME problem of it getting sent to a different service center & no one can explain why. Not sure what is going on with our gov. Good luck. sorry I'm of no help in your case. I think I'd be the last person you'd want to know time frames from.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: