Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 11:17:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Frank O  (Read 20146 times)
ARTILLARY
« on: November 30, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi. I was reading through some archives and thought I saw that that you were married several months ago. My question is, did you get married there, and if so, what problems have you had getting your wife here? I have chosen to use the fiancee visa route but I heard being married there was easier. It appears not so. Artie
Frank O
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Frank O, posted by ARTILLARY on Nov 30, 2004

I married there because I TOO was told it was the "easier & quicker" way. I was WAY wrong. We just celebrated our ONE YEAR anniversary & it does NOT appear my wife is anywhere closer to being here. We were married November 16. On June 29th I receiveed form I-797 notice of action saying they were going to take between "60 to 90 days" towork our case. That was JUNE 29th!!! We're now December 1st so go figure. To make matters worse I can't get ANY response from HOmeland Security neither can my atty regarding the delay. It has caused a SEVERE strain on my marriage as my wife has started to doubt whether or not I'm really doing anything. BEing married 1 year & not living together can be a truly AGONIZING ordeal. I hope to be able to salvage my marriage. Had I know it would take ANYWHERE this long I WOULD have gone the fiancee visa routh. This is a crock of bull man. I hope you do NOT have go through the crap I'm going through. Best of luck. If you need any other help or advice feel to ask me. I'm NOT cynical or an A$$ like others on this board. I only wish everyone the best.
tim360z
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Frank O, posted by Frank O on Dec 1, 2004

Pretty incredible mess you got on your hands.  Homeland Security is doing a great job at keeping your wife from invading America. Now if they could only perfrom that well on the Mexican border???
Davej
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Frank O, posted by Frank O on Dec 1, 2004

Sorry to hear that man.  Truly, I pray she gets here sooner, I know what it is like.  I have had 5 months between my wedding and now, and that alone is tough.  I can not imagine 1 year.  Just remember, how nice it will be when she finally comes.  Hopefully you and I will take advantage of the time w/ our wifes, when they come.
Frank O
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Frank O, posted by Davej on Dec 1, 2004

Thanks for that. It was been so unbearable it's hard to explain in words. Well, at least I'm not that eloquent. I do pray something breaks through ASAP.
ARTILLARY
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Spaseeba!, posted by Frank O on Dec 1, 2004

I'm very sorry to hear that bit of news. I can't imagine what the explanation is. By now they should have given you some reason for not handling it faster. Have you personally contacted the office or just allowing your attorney to do it? How far into the process are you now? Is it the interview in Warsaw you're waitng for or has it gotten that far? I have heard that when it gets there, it's a mere formality and she'll be able to leave the next day. For myself, I'm hoping this political situation won't hold things up but for now I have only summitted the first I-129f form so I assume there will be a 2 to 3 month wait before they get to my application. I have no idea how long the Tx. service center will be with this first part. Does anyone out there know? Also, she has applied for her International visa and there could be a hold-up there again because of the unrest there but we'll see. BTW, it cost us 475 ukrainian and they told her about 3 months.  At any rate, I wish you well Frank and keep the faith. I also agree with you that this forum should be a sourch of help and information without alot of the wise cracks. But I'll admit it is entertaining sometimes. I've done a little light reading in the archives. Good luck. Artie
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: