Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 08:51:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A girls motivation ..  (Read 21236 times)
openpath1
« on: December 04, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Has anyone noticed WTA rankings in tennis lately?  Not just the beauty wonder Maria Sharapova but all of the rest of the FSU players that have been swarming onto the women’s pro tennis scene.   Russia and FSU states have been producing women players at an incredible rate.

With horribly economies, so-so coaching, and poor weather, conditions for tennis are difficult in many Eastern countries.  For those of you that have visited some of these areas, you will know that FSU places do not have Florida and club-med like conditions for leaning tennis – there are almost no indoor courts, few outdoor courts, and the ones I've seen are difficult to distinguish from parking lots - seriously all of them had to be pointed out to me.  That's not the only challenge; tennis holds extremely high cost in time and attention to detail - costly and committed life long efforts.  

So what drives it? ...

It’s well know that incubation at the challenger level is where new players are encouraged and developed, (Challenger events are like the minor league of women’s tennis)  However both US and Eastern European players have access to the same Challenger events.  

To compare; look at how an American player considers a pro tennis career; travel - well that's nothing new to an American, especially one who is brought up around tennis, where there is rarely any problem getting money and a travel visa to go anywhere should that be the desire.   For an American amateur, the return for the physical demands holds low initial rewards or monetary returns, clearly low wages for an American.   Not necessarily the preferred choice for a girl who can opt to become either a soccer mom or take a good paying local job.

Now for the FSU or Russian amateur, 10k a year, well that's a good chunk of change.  Most important though, when an amateur tennis player from say Kiev or Belarus finally proves she can compete at the challenger level, it means gaining access to a travel visa, necessity to get to events abroad and rarely turned down by immigration.  Here's an example where a girl can't be denied a travel visa just because she’s young, from a poor country, and hot looking.

No question about it, the growth in FSU WTA players is largely attributed to incentive.  The girls are highly, highly motivated to gain access to travel visa’s which allows them to go abroad.  Train like mad, enter the amateur pro circuit and have opportunity leave their native counties without having to commit to marrying anyone.  The result is a greater number of FSU players entering the challenger series, hence the overall rise in numbers at the WTA level.  

Gmen99
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A girls motivation .., posted by openpath1 on Dec 4, 2004

Hi: with all the data supplied by you and your vast knowledge,Could you see a similar experince with the Tennis
game like The boxing Game back in the 30s and 40's
Taking poor white(italian,irish) kids out of the ghettho and Turning them into prize fighters,or now the inner cities were a vast majority happens to be Spanish and african american fighters?

If so dont you see a rise of so called Men like don king is to boxing,and such In the tennis game?

OK-with that being said also to the nay sayers and the Out landish people whom watch and follow tennis Like its american football,could you see a rise of so called "pimps"
Trying to make a name for them seleves as Great promotors
and show boating there so called new talent like they were
"whores" and the new promotors being "pimps"?

With all of this heres my (2) cents I think it would some what put a damper on the whole "MOB" cause with that thinking the girls could say hey whom needs "mob" when if i have a once of talent and some cecent looks i can make it Out of the so called FSU "ghettho" cause in all reality a russian world is far worse then our american ghettho's
Not bound by color or ethnice boundries but of one of $$$
so That in all could some what be a burden to all of You ,looking for wives! I feel some what sad to see now where we are tapping into Great talent for almost everything sports,Girls,soon to be OIL and such
where That well in deed may run dry in 10 years if this is all true!

wsbill
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A girls motivation ..question, posted by Gmen99 on Dec 4, 2004

Or Tennis pro's.  Of course, most women desire a wealthy man to take them out of the country and into some dream world.

The FSU tennis pro is no different than the current batch of athletes world wide.  Most everybody is motivated by two things: the love of the sport and money.

Money is just a by product of this success.

Is this bad for their moral character?  Hardly.

Mankind, must have some sort on monitary system for rewarding of conquest.  Money is that medium.  Course, if we are to create a honest society, then we should end the financial gain of the game.

And return to giving the winners Trophy's ONLY.
---
So with that said, go to Ukraine and get your Trophy Wife,
who isn't beautiful, but has decent morals and character.

Since, finding one stateside is next to impossible since they are too driven by financial gain and lack the knowledge of how to treat a man with respect.

openpath1
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A girls motivation ..question, posted by Gmen99 on Dec 4, 2004

Gmen99 good post, I appreciate the perspective, you make several good points.   But you need to read my post a little more carefully as you missed some subtle points.  

The big difference with boxing and tennis is that tennis commands much longer dedication times and in that regard there is not a good correlation between the two sports.    Boxing can be learned much quicker, even for the talented; tennis is slow, technical and tedious to learn.

A 12 y/o tennis player from Belarus doesn't yet have the incentive signals from a "Don King" of tennis.  And incentives must happen way before the commercial world that you so describe and they come from monetary as well as other areas such as those that I described.  Contrary to what you want to believe "great talent" does not just show up, just because the girls are Russian or from some Eastern Country.  

Gmen99 on another point ..  Keep in mind that some guys may only want to bring a girl back to the states for the Fiancé Visa timeframe, to travel and enjoy some time together, and maybe try things out as lovers.   I believe that it is stupid to think of marriage within the context of getting a contact online and going over and meeting someone, and then marry them “cold” a few months later.   I thought that I made the point somewhat clear that if a girls motivation to leave the country is a leading factor,  then what might a girl do or say to get a marriage commitment?? My tone to all looking for Russian “Brides” has always been a cautionary one, Get it??

Hey if I didn't know better I would say that a Don King bookie just collected on you for a $500 past due on one of the recent Tyson fights!

romachko
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: A girls motivation ..question, posted by openpath1 on Dec 5, 2004

I dispute on boxing quicker to learn vs tennis. As a martial arts instructor, I incorporated boxing, Judo and jujutsu in contact Karate and learned something about it. Like any other sports some people are talented than others are. In martial arts the talent is to hurt the other guy while dodging blows thrown at him and/or to have high threshold against pain. It looks as if some guys are so talented he would pick it up at no time. But, the same is true in tennis. In both sports it takes X amount of time to become an accomplished performer and neither is easier or quicker than the other. Maria was only 16 to grab a grand slam while Tyson passed his teen when he became a champion. So, tennis is a quicker way? On the other hand, Maria started her training in much younger age. So, boxing is quicker way? Not so fast! Total hours they spent are quite comparable. Neither is easier or quicker than the other. Modern boxing is a very complex art, both physically and mentally. In a way you have to be very smart. Keep in mind: intelligence cannot be measured by math or IQ test only. Intelligence is far more complex human property. I find that M. Ali extremely intelligent and Tyson quite smart as they talk. You may easily miss some of their very intelligent comments or jokes. I have published a number of articles in mathematics, engineering and computer journals but I don't consider myself smarter than Ali or Tyson. OK. Let's go back to the main argument. It takes a long time before a right handed beginner learns how to use his left. This is only one of the examples to show that boxing is not just beat the other guy. What more.... Whenever blacks excell in some sports, people tend to dismiss their efforts and over-stress their "natural" ability. Boxing is one and basketball is another. Tennis is, except for Williams sisters, "white" sports, thus "requiring more training than raw tallent." Not so. Boxing reuires a long, hard, excruciating training. You have to learn "sweet science" and so many trickes. Like tennis you have to repeat a simple technique so many times. You are extremely lucky not to be a boxer. If I could turn the clock back, I would choose to become an engineering professor again rahter than a boxer, even if I were talented.
wsbill
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: A girls motivation ..question, posted by openpath1 on Dec 5, 2004

Actually, that is quite do able.  But, you have to really have that good internal gut feeling.  The kind of girl she is...

The whole insanity of this quest is doing it in such a short amount of time and finding the right person.

Clearly, finding a desperate woman living in poverty is pretty easy to do.  But finding one with some moral dignity is much harder.  But, certainly not impossible.

Just don't get stupid and fall in love with the first one you meet.  Better, to spend as much time a possible finding a good one which meets your critiera.

The one advantage you have while abroad is the women atleast are cataloged.  Course, now that the internet has poliferated a women photograph and you really don't know who your writing too.  This makes it much more difficult to find that lady.  But, have a plan of attack ready before you go.

Create a list of things you want to ask and take the time to develop this list.   Like me I live in the rural countryside, taking a woman that lived all her life in the city with metro's and shops... She'd naturally go crazy where I live at.  So clearly, your quest would be to go to the little villages that dot the landscape or put that in you newspaper ad the girl your seeking is from the contry side, course you don't want to tell them you living on a farm.  Since farm life there is must different from our farm life (electric, running water, etc).

Gmen99
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey_my point is this No matter what a shark is a shark.
In every field no matter what! Grant it tennis is harder and takes much more time and practice.But In boxing its more in the mind.You Cant dismiss talent in anything.
Talent is Talent and goes far.As in talent its hunger
Now if you want something badly enough you're going to try every means possible to obtain that(tennis,sports,even in MOB) Look at the recent BALCO debactle.The point is No matter what the situation The girls of Mob will try and do anything to get free from so called Proverty! I agree with you.I belive The tennis game in russia will Grow.Sports in belarus are 3rd rate if that.
As for tyson I never bet on Boxing its all FIXED ANYHOW.
wsbill
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: A girls motivation ..questio..., posted by Gmen99 on Dec 6, 2004

Tennis is so lame.  Kinda like Golf.

Watching somebody try and hit a small ball around while chasing after it.

Boxing isn't much better.  

But at the end of the day only you or the victor can claim they have won the battle, but not the war.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: