Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 02:31:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to check e-mail with a hand held  (Read 5018 times)
Albert
« on: December 06, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Guys, I am tiring of finding places to check my e-mail when I am in FSU.  And, I do not want to carry a laptop computer with me on these trips.

What I want is a device that can go in my coat pocket so I don't run the risk of it being stolen from my apartment room.  I want a rather full keyboard, somethink larger than available on a cell phone, for typing my messages.

I would like something that I can plug into a standard phone socket in the FSU.  Then I buy an ISP card in a particular country and use it to read and send messages at my Yahoo e-mail accounts.  Just like using a lap top computer, only much smaller and without as much capabiltiy to do things other than send and receive e-mail.

I am completely unknowlegeable about this, but I know somewhat of the capabilties of Palm Pilot etc.  But as far as I know they are wireless and with e-mail for them you have to sign up to some long-term service such as Sprint which may or may not have signals in particular places in FSU.  I don't want to go that route, for several reasons.

What is suggested to fit my needs??

Thanks

wsbill
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How to check e-mail with a hand held, posted by Albert on Dec 6, 2004

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/smartphones/treo650/
cherokee
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How to check e-mail with a hand held, posted by Albert on Dec 6, 2004

I know people in Russia can access dial up internet for laptops via cell phone. you'll need an irda port on the laptop or handheld (should be standard).
they also make cell phones now that run windows xp. but I doubt they offer wireless i-net on ukraine yet.
good luck!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: