Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 23, 2024, 04:18:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do not use AT&T to call FSU  (Read 4138 times)
WillMc
« on: December 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Yes I know I am a sap to have used AT&T International long distance at $.15 a minute to Moscow.  I did because I thought the service quality would be better and reliable.

This Fall I had continuous problems, I could hear my party but they could not hear me.  Most frustrating.  When I used a calling card I got thru and when the operator checked the line she got thru.  AT&t service agreed that the problem was probably within their system.  It just kept occurring

On an occasion I was desperate to reach my girl and I used operator assistance to complete the call.  AT&T charged me over $7.00 for each minute and they refuse to adjust this charge even though the service they had been providing was lousy.

Needless to say I have cancelled my AT&T account and it will be a cold day in Hell before I pay for that call.

Apk1
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Do not use AT&T to call FSU, posted by WillMc on Dec 18, 2004

[This message has been edited by Apk1]

If you want a direct dial plan in lieu of calling cards try "WDT"          mywdt.com  It may not be cheaper than calling cards but it is far more convenient and superior connections. They send you an itemized bill ea. month and there is no connection charge. Calling Moscow with direct dial is 2 1/2 cents per minute. The web site indicates calling Ukraine is about 15 cents per min.  

My wife calls home to Moscow almost every day because her mother has not been well. Last month our WDT bill was the worst it has ever been....$24.00
 Normal phone bill is about $9.00 and this is not just calling Moscow every weekend, I use it for domestic long distance as well. I got rid of ATT because my local phone PACBELL added so many extra charges and taxes.

Frank O
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Do not use AT&T to call FSU, posted by WillMc on Dec 18, 2004

calling card. Also no charge for reconnects (for all the disconnects when I calL!) & do not get less minutes for calling to a cell phone. That is to Ukraine not Russia. I actually get MORE minutes when I call Russian.
romachko
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

AT&T is a scammer in my opinion. Many years ago they gave me an apparently terrific deal on a long distance contract. But the contract contained so many loop holes that I ended up paying more than twice the usual call. After I cancelled the contract they started calling me day and night trying to trap me again. I finally sent them a certified letter and warned that I would tape their call and I would collect $50 from them for each call by a Federal rule. Thay finally got off my back.
wsbill
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Biggest scam company there is in the world.  I use to give them alot of my business and I had my small business with them as well.  No more.  I dropped all LONG Distance carriers and now use calling cards... way, way, way cheaper.

Here's a great place to buy calling cards - masterbell.com

Has anybody ever had any trouble with them ?

When I used to call that's who I would use.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: