Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 01:37:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bank Cards  (Read 8045 times)
ARTILLARY
« on: November 15, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Thanks to the guys that gave advice about fiancee visa service. I think I can fill those forms out with no problems. Next question. I would like to send my woman a bank card. What is the best way to get this to her? What should I tell the bank if anything? Should I apply for a seperate card? I look at the Western Union charges and that looks very expensive for once a month charge.
TimInUkraine
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bank Cards, posted by ARTILLARY on Nov 15, 2004

I think ATM cards are the best way to manage sending money over here. Make sure that the card is a Visa issued on the PLUS system (more outlets--in Ukraine, at least). When your fiancee withdraws money, have her do it in local currency. Only being able to speak aboout Ukraine, I know that if I withdraw money in Hyriven I am only assesed my bank's fee ($1.50 per transaction). If I withdraw the money in $US, then I have to pay 3% plus my bank's fee. The exchange rate is not quite as sweet as changing money with the shady guys on the market, but it is average. I've never sent a card over before, but it is illegal, and I don't know how good they are about catching them in the mail. One last thing, only put enough money in each time for the one withdrawal, as some machines double dip.
cherokee
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

you can email me and i'll tell you how we send check cards to my in-laws.
psfoote@hotmail.com
Sergey Fedorov
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Take a look www.iKobo.com
P.S. They have only problem to operate others than Visa cards.
cherokee
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bank Cards, posted by Sergey Fedorov on Nov 16, 2004

Our city sure got the bone on Lord Stanley this year.
LP
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by LP]

..First off, why are you giving her money every month? Kinda early for that ain't it? Are you that bushwhacked already? Wink Be careful, I know a guy who did this and she disappeared right before the interview. Yeah, I know...your lady would never do that. Well, he didn't think so either.

Forget WU, a bigger scam there isn't. Open an account in your name at a local (to you) bank and simply send her the card and PIN. The fees are cheap and that way you can control what's in the account. Just be sure to tell her not to make lots of tiny withdrawals as the fees can add up. Tell her to take as much as she needs without going too nuts. Understand?

Man, just wait till Paypal gets setup in Ukraine. It'll happen eventually. I can't wait to her the whining then...

ARTILLARY
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Bank Cards, posted by LP on Nov 15, 2004

LP. I've  actually known this gal for 2years. I've been there several times and have friends male and female. It was'nt until this last trip that we became more serious. It's not like it's my first trip there. Each time I've travelled to Ukraine I've been able to stay 6 weeks to 3 months each visit. I even witnessed a couple of Yanochovich's thugs beat a man up because he openly refused to vote for him in the primary election. It was in a small town with alot of underground hoodlums and this guy was actually a president at the university there. The next day he was out of town with his family close behind. I know many people who were forced to vote for him by voice but when it came to the ballot box, they x'ed in Yuschinko. Believe me the scare tactics were all in force that day. Anyway, I digress. She makes more that the average worker there but I want her to live better than she does now untill she can arrive here. I feel this resposibility to her now that we will be husband and wife. We aren't talking much, maybe 100 to 150 a month. She actually declined but I'm  well aware of the living conditions there and there's nothing wrong with a little extra. Also she wasn't an internet babe. I met her through some close friends. She's never had the internet experience. There's 10 years between us and she's the coolest, lovliest, most considerate person I think I've ever met. I've had plenty of time to see and notice her character. She'll make me a better man I'm sure.
LP
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Bank Cards, posted by ARTILLARY on Nov 16, 2004

[This message has been edited by LP]

...OK, sounds legit enough. But the crucial question, the one most important to the rest of us is: does she have any sisters?

I didn't know your history of course but I've seen so many deals gone south and guys who do strange things I tend to look at the consequences. After all, no one needs to be cautious about the good parts of this business.

Sounds like you took your time and did it right. Good on you. All the ones I've met in the last few years are also not involved in MOB so I know where you're coming from. I bailed on the MOB, agency, and internet thing long ago and learned the lingo. Best move I ever made. I can choose from the public now, just as I can back home. Finding one I like a great deal  isn't the problem, finding one I love seems to be a different matter entirely. Then there is that whole marriage thing to deal with, spooky stuff for a guy in my position. I've been enjoying the hunt but I too may have finally found one worthy of me (lol). See, the goal is to make her a better woman...not me a better man Wink

I agree sending a few bux is OK as long as you know her well and have made the commitment. Heck, I still send a little dough to women I've met (and won't marry) simply because it's peanuts and because they need it. None have ever asked but I've met them all at least twice and know the score. I spend more on stupid stuff here at home so it's no big deal and it's what friends are for. Besides, I've gotten lots back in return when it comes to knowing how UA women think, not to mention it's nice to have a network of folks I can trust when I'm in country. Once you scape off all the gunk MOB tends to cause, Ukrainians (both male and female) can make for quality friends. Anyway, it sounds like you found a good one and will do fine.

Rags
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fair nuff...., posted by LP on Nov 16, 2004

I thought that something different was going on after reading your two posts to "Artie" below.

I see that your doing those tongue in cheek excercizes has paid big dividends.Congatulations LP!
Travis
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Bank card? Don't do that! Maybe I'm the one here that plays the devils advocate, but you need to protect yourself! At least Western Union gives you no further liabilities. You get what you pay for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: