Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 26, 2024, 08:40:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife Got Passport Stamped For I-751...Quest..  (Read 6452 times)
RickM
« on: November 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

questions now maybe someone can help with...
At JFK Govmt.center Bostos,Ma.they stamped her passport for both removal of conditions and work authorization and told her to expect her 10 yr.greencard in 3 to 6 months...

1)This means she can immediately apply for citizenship because she's already been here more than 3 years now and is married to me a USA citizen?

2)How will her being a citizen and obtaining a USA passport and citizenship effect the status of when I origionally signed the (10 year) I-864 Affidavit of Support for her?
Does the affidavit become void when she becomes a citizen?

Ray
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Wife Got Passport Stamped For I-751...Qu..., posted by RickM on Nov 18, 2004

Rick,

She is eligible for US citizenship if she is married to a citizen and she has been a legal resident for 3 years. If she arrived on an immigrant visa, then 3 years after arrival is correct. The “Resident Since” date on her green card is the date they count the 3 years from. She can apply up to 3 months before the 3-year anniversary of residence. To apply for Naturalization, download the fillable Form N-400 from CIS and read “A Guide to Naturalization” which can also be downloaded from CIS.

Yes, your obligation under the I-864 ends when she becomes a US citizen.

Ray

RickM
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Wife Got Passport Stamped For I-751...., posted by Ray on Nov 18, 2004

nt
Ray
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks Ray,What's The Website For CIS ?...., posted by RickM on Nov 19, 2004

CIS is at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/

Lot’s of info in FAQ section. Forms download section is at:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/index.htm

Ray

RickM
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Thanks Ray,What's The Website For CI..., posted by Ray on Nov 19, 2004

nt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: