Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 03:06:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things are getting nervous around here  (Read 3211 times)
Rags
« on: November 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

The tension is growing every day we get closer to the 30th.

I will be driving Miss V down to the SF Consulate to cast her ballot in arguably the most important election that she will ever participate in. You can bet that we will be there all decked out in orange!

The response here in Sacramento has been pretty impressive as a local get out and vote organization has signed up over 2000 people to bus down and vote this election.

In the primary election only 463 votes were cast in SF.
449 for Yuschinko – 12 for Yani – 10 for the other candidates –
(and something I found refreshingly different) 2 who voted “Against all Candidates”. Go figure…

Looking at the results from all the Consulates outside of Ukraine the vote percentages were surprisingly almost identical to those tallied inside Ukraine in regards to the top two.

Everybody keep your fingers crossed that our guy wins. The fate of a nation is hanging in the balance.

LP
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Things are getting nervous around here, posted by Rags on Nov 18, 2004

[This message has been edited by LP]

"Everybody keep your fingers crossed that our guy wins. The fate of a nation is hanging in the balance".

If the other guy wins will you (and she) be angry? Will you be astonished that, fully knowing what's at stake, a slim majority could have been so ignorant, uneducated and misinformed? Yes? Good for you. Too bad it won't make a lick of difference and the country will suffer for years to come. We're talking about Ukraine right? Lol, sure you got your priorities straight?

Btw, thanks for the well wishes but they're premature. My posts to Artie weren't about what you thought. You're reading too much into it, you're forgetting (or never knew) I did a K1 a few years ago and had to send her back after finding something better at home. I was offering him visa advice based on that experience. I still keep a few irons in the fire however because no woman owns me 100% until I say "I do". Also keep in mind I'm unlikely to fess up when that happens anyway...not my style.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: