Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 02:03:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Health Insurance  (Read 3030 times)
WillMc
« on: November 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

At long last my fiancee should receive her K1 visa in December.

I am retired and my former employer, in one more cost cutting move, has decided to no longer permit retirees to add spouses to the health insurance benefit they provide.

This means that I am now in search for "affordable" health insurance for my future wife.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions.

Stevo
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Health Insurance, posted by WillMc on Nov 21, 2004

younger, in which case she can buy insurance for herself a lot cheaper than if she were your age.  When I married my wife, the extra cost on my policy was astronomical, because it added her and her daughter, and the price delta was based on my age group (they couldn't care less that she was much younger and therefore healthier).  It was actually significantly less for her to have her own policy than to be added to mine, since with her own policy her age was taken into (positive) account.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: