Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 02:06:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 5th anniversary  (Read 11108 times)
KenC
« on: August 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

In an effort to post "positive" news, I would like to share with you that today marks the 5th anniversary of our wedding.  We plan on a little get away weekend in Palm Springs.  So it can happen, even with a large age difference. (25 years)
KenC
KenC
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to 5th anniversary, posted by KenC on Aug 14, 2004

n/t
Cold Warrior
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Many more happy years to you and Lena.
Ken W
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

And good for Lena. Coming up on three years myself - where the h311 did it go?

Ken Williams

RW
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Ken,
congratulations and best wishes to you and Lena.

We had our fifth anniversary just couple months ago. It certainly been exciting five years Smiley

John K
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

'
tim360z
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Nice to hear,  my very best wishes to you both.  Your approach was much different than from what others have related and it it probably BECAUSE of your prudent and thoughtful approach that you reached your happiness.    Congratulations! Cheers, Tim
RickM
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

priorities...

15 years younger than me,it's been a little over 3 years married now and 1 new child to "us" here now.
Sometimes I wish my wife would get a little more ambitious about making a future career for herself and meeting a few new friends.She is such a "homebody" and happy...I always tell her,"what will you do if I drop dead tomorrow"?Fact of the matter,I'll be a very old guy if I live long enough and she will be still a very young woman with a life to live...

I think it's very important to pay attention to "everything" from the very first day you meet them in person and I'd suggest to spend as much time as you can abroad initially getting to know your future wife because I don't think they change very much once they arrive here...Like in any relationship,you only get to know them better over time and testing when you live with them...

My wife had little desire to work when I met her,same today...Few friends when I met her,same today...Wanted only to be a mother when I met her,same today...Loved shopping and hated paying bills,same today...Wouldn't leave the house without make-up,cleaning her shoes and a quick brush-down with a lint brush,same today...All the silly superstitions like starring in the mirror if you have to return home because you forgot something,same today...

All-in-all,I'd do it all over again compared to marrying an AW...

Jack
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Congrats KenC...Many More...I Beleive It..., posted by RickM on Aug 15, 2004

...All-in-all,I'd do it all over again compared to marrying an AW...

And I think many men who have chosen wisely Rick would say the same thing. The five years I looked in finding my future Russian bride, and the five years I have spent with my Russian bride have truly changed my life.

If you go about this pursuit ill informed, or in a hurry, then most of what LP preachs will ring true. But for guys who will educate themselves, take their time, meet many sincere Russian ladies (the secret word their, sincere), then it is possiable that they will also make a choice that will forever change their life for the better.

LP
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to I believe it is in the priorities, posted by Jack on Aug 15, 2004

[This message has been edited by LP]

...nah, forget it.

LP
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

...you proved it can work, for 5 years at least.

What? No bundle of joy for an anniversery present? Wink You're an exception, you were lucky enough to find a young woman willing to give up being a mother...no easy price to pay for many of these girls.

I was with a couple of women almost as young and had no doubt they'd work too, just not for a long time. In the end I was right: in each case younger guys finally made successful moves. I doubt marriage would have prevented it from happening since in each case the guys were married. Made for very messy business all around, darn good thing I was prepared for it beforehand. Great fun while they lasted though and fortunately there are plenty more where they came from. (Fwiw, I was with both of them for more than 5 years.)

They taught me "reverse mortgaging" a marriage is just not something to be risked. Even love doesn't stop the clock and the chance of ending up empty handed and having to start over when old is not a pleasant thing to comtemplate. It's why I recently blew off a nice FSU girl 24 years my junior, whom I had no doubt was absolutely sincere. She was a great catch but I've learned how quickly a fish can rot when out of it's element. Besides, variety is the spice of life and all that...

However, if anyone can continue with this success it'd be you. I wish you all the best.

Bobby Orr
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Thanks for all your excellent advice over the years.  Did your friend ever find a wife from the FSU?
Stevo
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

ggg
JR
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Good for you!...7 more months 'till our ..., posted by Stevo on Aug 14, 2004

Jack
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Congratulations Ken.

You are the example I refer to most the time when I tell guys it is possiable to find a good, lasting, loving relationship with a woman who their is more than 20 years age difference with, although I point out that these are the exceptions, not the norm.

I'm about 6-months behind you on the 5 year anniversary and know how you feel.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: