Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 11:27:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Shipping Package to Kyiv  (Read 3142 times)
Albert
« on: June 06, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

What is the recommended method (company) for sending small packages to Kyiv, Ukraine from the USA?
This will be a light weight package of value less than $200.
What are the differing alternatives; giving considerations to cost, speed, assurance that the package will actually arrive without tampering, loss of contents, etc.
AllenB
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Shipping Package to Kyiv, posted by Albert on Jun 6, 2004

If you ship it FedEx, UPS DHL, etc. do not expect overnight or anything near that.  DHL is the most respected in Ukraine and has a better chance of getting your package to it's destination quickly but more than likely Kyiv customs will open and inspect it.  This does not mean they will take the contents because as I have stated earlier, they have a better relationship with DHL than others.

When Anna and I have sent things to Krivoy Rog, Ukraine via USPS sometimes they get there and sometimes they don't and we are only talking about pictures.  I am not blaming the USPS but we all understand what goes on in Ukraine.  If I ship the same contents to the same destination with the lowest possible shipping cost via DHL they will receive it and it has never been opened.

Moy dva kopeks.
Baka.

tbirdjoy
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

My wife and I send packages back to Ukraine by using the USPO registered mail.  The price is okay and everything has always arrived intact and undisturbed.

Mark

John K
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

'
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: