Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 30, 2024, 08:02:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Latin side (need advice)  (Read 7505 times)
papi
« on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

Hola! I am from the latin side. anyone read my posts there would know that i met somebody but it has been a real struggle for 3 reasons. First, she's too young. i'm 44 -she's 18. second, her family is the untrusting sort, finally, her father wont permit her to have a fiancee visa - must marry first. Consequently, unless i can work things out soon i'm going to be back in the hunt for a new potential wife and thinking about trying it on your side of the fence. If anyone wanted to try the latin side i could give a complete step by step guide as i've used several agencies and visited many places. could someone do the same for me. completely hold my hand on how to get started with FSU. best places, best agency, travel visa needed, hotel, etc., etc? again, need help on latin side and i'm here for yu
Bobby Orr
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Latin side (need advice), posted by papi on May 25, 2004

I would call Jack and I would also call Marc Dayton at www.lifetimepartners.com before calling anyone else.
papi
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Call Jack and call Dayton, posted by Bobby Orr on May 26, 2004

who is Jack? i was reading your profile - 9 trips to FSU? wow! a lot of travel over there. i've also spent a lot of time in Latin America, have met a ton of woman down there but it can be difficult to connect with the right person. i assume you are having the same issue.
Bobby Orr
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Call Jack and call Dayton, posted by papi on May 27, 2004

I am going on my 11th trip to Russia this June.  I have been to Ukraine two times as well.  I am just visiting the girl whom I am waiting for fiance visa paperwork to go through right now.  Yes, it is hard.  The more time you spend over there the better.  Finding a girl is easy.  Finding a girl without children who is good enough to marry is hard.  Finding a girl with children who is good enough to marry is also hard, but is easier.  I do not know if you want the added responsibility of moving a new wife and child to this country at one time.  

A tour will just fleece you of your money and you will probably only meet women who are not really ready to commit to the process of really being a wife - at best.  Does one really want to pay triple costs just to have the comradre of other men in the same boat when over there?

That is why I suggest you speak with people who have good track records hooking guys up over there.  Another one probably worth talking with is Natasha Spivak at Encounters International.  

I suggest you talk with the people at the best full service agencies about your situation so you can get an idea of what is out there in the way of full service agencies with good track records.  I am sure all of them are actually cheaper than just one piss your money away with nothing but the "experience" tour.

AnzoNevis
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

ok, my Russian grammar sucks. Hey, I'm 48, FSUs and Latinas think I'm 35. Age not that big of a deal either place. I was married for 7 years to a Rooski who is now 34. Don't use the agencies as such a crutch. Go on a tour and see how the FSUs fit, though there are agencies, some big ones, in any of the cities you are likely to visit. Though I'm on the Latin board, too, I can almost promise that the Latinas, bless their hot and wiggly little hearts, will seem pretty minor league when compared to their FSU counterparts. Your level of time and effort (and money) is going to be a lot greater (flights, language, visas, etc.) but you REALLY should visit at least once. I'd recommend St. Pete because if you totally strike out, which you probably won't, it is an amazing city historically. I mean Cali vs St. Pete? Like Akron vs New York. I promise that if you walk down the streets of St. Pete, or Moscow or Kiev in the summer that Cali will seem very backwater. Sure, there are many down to earth lovlies in Cali, and maybe you should check that 44-18 thing at the door. But if you have your wits about you and don't mind a woman at least as well educated as you are, visit and be warned that you will need a neck brace from the whiplash you will experience in Russia/Ukraine/Belarus, etc. I've been on Anastasia tours, and they have their pluses and minuses like TLC does but not a bad intro. And stop messing around with teenagers! : )) Contact me if you like for more info.

Anzo

MarkInTx
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Papi, mi amigo, I mean, moi droog..., posted by AnzoNevis on May 25, 2004

Over all, I think your advice is sound... except I would avoid St. Petersburg.

Yes, it is a gorgeous city... but it is also pricey.

I'd go to Kiev which is also a pretty nice city for a vacation, and a LOT cheaper.

IMHO, you should stay away from the main cities anyway -- if you are trying to find a wife, and not have a vacation. I would avoid St. Pb, Moscow, Kiev, and Odessa.

Again, just a personal preference. The women there -- it seems to me -- are not much different from their American Counterparts these days...

I'd also stay away from all of Russia, personally. It is harder to get Visas into, and harder to get women out of. More red tape, and Putin's stance against Bush in Iraq can't be helping that any.

Also, my experience with Russian women are that they are very chavinistic about their country. If you get engaged (or married) to a Russian, be prepared to have her tell you what is wrong with America every day of your life.

Personally, I can live without that...

The rest of the post was right on the money. Except the whiplash part. I never understood that. The women in Kiev are no more gorgeous than the women here in Dallas.

My wife (from Kherson) completely agrees with me on that, btw.

The women in St. Petersburg were a notch above Kiev, it seems to me.

The women in Sao Paulo had them all beat.

But, eye candy is only worth so much. For women of class, beauty and character, Ukraine is hard to beat. But, of course, I am biased...

papi
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Papi, mi amigo, I mean, moi droog..., posted by MarkInTx on May 26, 2004

what about the KHERSON ROSE agency? are they good?
MarkInTx
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Papi, mi amigo, I mean, moi droo..., posted by papi on May 27, 2004

Good? What does that mean?

The guy who runs them is a good guy, and won't cheat you, if that's what you mean.

But, I only used them to deliver flowers for me.

Again, I would strongly advise to create your own contacts, find your own women, and plan your own trip.

I think the success rate for that is higher than if you simply open up your check-book and ask an agency "How much?"

That doesn't mean that there aren't good agencies who won't take advantage of you, because there certainly are good guys out there (as well as sharks...)

It's just that I have been reading these boards for over three years now, and -- if my memory serves -- about 70% of the guys who were "successful" (as being defined as getting married, and coming back here to say they were happy...) were "do-it-yourselfers" who used the agencies to support THEIR plans.

That's been my observation (and my personla experience as well) feel free to take it for what it's worth...

YMMV

papi
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Papi, mi amigo, I mean, moi droog..., posted by AnzoNevis on May 25, 2004

Muchas Gracias Anzo. You are so right on the teenagers...just seems like i meet a lot of them down there. have tried to meet older ones but mostly clicked with younger. but would like someone abt 25 mas o menos. in all fairness though, they grow up faster down there. i've known 14 year olds having relationships with older men. not that i support that just stating the facts. so if i took your advice - went to St Pete. How do i go about it? visa? best agency(s) to help with the intros? bars? pls elaborate.
MarkInTx
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I'm curious... why the change?

I mean, there must have been a reason why you started SOB... why the change of heart now...?

I would say -- from the little I dabbled SOB -- that there are more perils in the FSU search. The scammers are much more institutionalized and sophisticaed in the FSU, it seems to me.

The women are quite a bit different too, as well as how they will fit into America...

It might be helpful to know what took you SOB to begin with, and why you would like to change now...

papi
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hmmm... why?, posted by MarkInTx on May 25, 2004

well, i have not thrown in the towel on the latin side and still have some things in the works. just exploring things over here. if i did go - would want to know how to go about it
MarkInTx
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hmmm... why?, posted by papi on May 25, 2004

Well, opinions vary.

The main difference, to me, is the role the agencies play. I really think that when you go to Colombia, or Mexico, the best route is probably using the agencies there.

When you go to Brazil, you have no choice, really, since there are no agencies to speak of, so you have to buy addresses and write letters.

When you go to the FSU, in my opinion, the role of the agencies is reduced.

There are some guys on here who will tell you differently, but IMHO, you should not use an agency -- any agency -- for full service.

Despite what some guys will tell you, it seems to me -- in all of the times I asked and read this board -- that the majority of guys who were successful did most of the work themselves, and used the FSU agencies as a support network (or, in some cases as a back up plan). Not all, but most.

What I mean is thet they used the agencies to arrange transport to and from the airport, to deliver flowers, maybe do translations and such. But there aren't many guys that I read about who were successful just flying over, getting an apartment near an agency, and then having the agency line up dates for them.

I read of some guys who did that, but not many who succeeded -- whereas, it DID seem that that was the typical success story SOB.

If I were you, I would place a personal ad, write to several ladies until I narrowed it down, and then go over to see the one who caught my attention. But that's just me. Others would advise having 10 or twenty lined up, and an agency number in your back pocket.

I would use an agency to arrange my airport pickup and my apartment.

The main difference, as I said, is that the scammers are much more sophisticated in the FSU, so you need to read the archives at this board (and rwguide.com) and get a good idea of what the current scams are.

I never had a scammer fool me for five minutes, and I think most guys who do their homework can say the same thing.

The Russian (or Ukrainian) girl is different than your average Latina. On average, they are more educated, and (dare I say it) cultured. What I mean is that they will have read the classics, and have enjoyed ballet, opera, and museums. Again, not all, but most.

So, they are interested in different things.

They will need more help and support from you when they get here. Here in Texas, a Spanish speaking person can get by rather easily -- but not so a Russian speaking person.

I consider that an advantage, actually, since it means that she is forced to learn English faster, and this helps the overall communication (again, IMHO).

If you have specific questions, you can write me at my hotmail account, which is markjoel60, and I will be happy to help you where I can.

I have a different take on this than many of the guys on this board, so you might want to get a few viewpoints, and make up your own mind.

BTW, I think its wise to open your horizons. While you are at it, you probably ought to consider the Asian possibilties as well.

Who knows where your ultimate happiness might lie...?

Frank O
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

I'm currently married to a Ukrainian lady (18). I have dated MANY Latina women & actually had wanted to marry one but things just never worked out. I decided to try Ukraine & VOILA!! It was perferct for me. If you want more info I'd be glad to help you out. E mail me.
papi
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Latin side (need advice), posted by Frank O on May 25, 2004

yes, i would like more info but your email is not disclosed. pls let me know how you went about things
Frank O
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2004, 04:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Latin side (need advice), posted by papi on May 25, 2004

SPDRFNGRS@webtv.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: