Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 11:49:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First time look with strikes against me.  (Read 6505 times)
acmecoyote
« on: March 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello all.  I am new to the board and looking for a MOB.  Was hoping for a bit of advice.  I have received some from a respected memeber of the board.  And will be getting with him on his suggestions.  Also wanted others ideas.  

I am not much different than the rest of you, except in the fact that I was burned 99% all third degree.  I work for a living, have a house, truck, couple of dogs, and I am not wheelchair bond.  I was hoping that either you guys have meet, dated, know of a lady that would possibly be intrested, or areas in Russia and Ukraine I might be good off visiting including services to meet.

Appreciate any help and will be happy to answer any questions that may arise.  I plan on going to Russia and Ukraine mid to late October for about two weeks.

Thanks a bunch.

- Wile E. Coyote

Frank O
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to First time look with strikes against me., posted by acmecoyote on Mar 17, 2004

I would also suggest you place an ad. I am married to a lovely Ukrainian lady. I ran an ad through Jack & got more responses than I could handle. I sent a pic that Jack disapproved of due to how I was dressed. However I told him that was ME. Now I don't disagree with Jack & get along fine & probably will be needing his help again sometime & would help him if I could in any way. Anyways my point is I figured if someone saw THAT pic & STILL responded then they were serious. Also when I would write my letters I would mention what I considered all my negatives first. Basically I did this to weed out the shallow ones. The ones left I figured to be serious. I was very blessed to marry the FIRST girl I visited from that ad (actually the ONLY one). I had several but there was something about Diana that stood out about her. When she picked me up at the airport & her dad drove us to their home I realized THAT NIGHT she was the one. I did not have to meet anyone else. In any case simply run an ad & mention whatever you consider to be your negatives up front. I think my wife does not care too much about my looks. I've always had luck with women but I did have some things that made me very self conscious. I broke my hip as a kid & need a hip replacement. Consequently I walk with a slight limp (well maybe not slight to some) but she didn't even seem to be fazed by that. Also when my wife first wrote me she had NOT seen my pic. Apparently the first ad ran WITHOUT a pic. Later she saw my pic & when she read it she realized it was me & thougth "not bad" according to her own words. IN any case I think you could do very simply being honest & up front. God is good!!
wsbill
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to First time look with strikes against me., posted by acmecoyote on Mar 17, 2004

And, I guess be descriptive of yourself.  It would be hard to judge how many women would come forward if you wrote about your burns, etc...

But, I would get those ads started ASAP so you can look through the responses and their pictures.  Who knows you might ask if their is a lady out there with burns of her own.  Certainly, a woman with those features could understand what your going through.

Just as your asking us what your luck would be, imagine the kind of luck she has to live with on a day to day basis.

I'd go so far as to find out if their are any hospitals in Ukraine or Russia that has a specialized burn unit.  They might know of good and decent girl, living a very humble life in a land where everyone must be percieved as beautiful and model like.

AllenB
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Wile E ... welcome to the board!  My wife is from Ukraine and I thought the best advice would come from her.  Anna is a beautiful girl but also a girl with an abundance of love in her heart and soul.  I explained your situation to her and she feels that you certainly can find love of a good girl in Russia or Ukraine but beware of beautiful girls that may try to play to your emotions.  I told her what Jack suggested and she thought that was a great way to go.  Be honest in your ad and and include a picture or two.  She feels that if you write from your heart the right girl will feel you and will write to you from her heart as well.

Anna did want me to emphasize to be aware of any girl that seems to beautiful to be true in her intentions because just as here there are bad girls there but for the most part they are much more interested in your heart than your wallet.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best Regards,
Allen

acmecoyote
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: First time look with strikes against..., posted by AllenB on Mar 18, 2004

Thanks for the welcome Allen.  Give my thanks to your lovely wife too.  I will definetly keep you guys posted on my adventure.  Nothing but wonderful times can come out of it.

- Wile E.

Oatmeal1
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello and welcome,

Interesting situation you have.
I agree with Jack, that there is someone for everyone.  I can say that at least from my wife's point of view that a person's soul is very highly ranked on her list of important traits in a mate, so I think you are heading in the right direction.  It is my experience and belief that many women in the FSU prize attributes other than physical that would be high on their list also.  

I should also say that there will most probably be ladies who may not be able to look past the physical but your chances of finding a mate are much higher than back here in the USA.

I would say to keep realistic expectations but by no means think that it is going to be next to impossible to find someone.

Keep an open mind not an empty one.

Good luck

acmecoyote
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: First time look with strikes against..., posted by Oatmeal1 on Mar 18, 2004

Thanks for the input Oatmeal.  Yours and your wifes kind words boost my moral and hope that much more making it harder for me to see any negative in my situation.  I look forward to being part of this board for a long time to come, and hope that I will be able to share my experience with you all.

- Wile E.

Jack
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey Acmecoyote,

Guess no one else has any thoughts or advice for you so I'll take a shot.

Acme there will be someone for everyone. If your appearence is different from most people I think it will benefit you to run personal ads with your photo. I think it would be a waste of time and money to buy addresses. Run your ad, let these ladies see what you look like. Write a well written ad, let these ladies hear from your heart and the love you have saved. You will have to be realistic with your own expectations. There will probably be few 7, 8, 9, and 10's writing.

Take your time. You will probably want too, need too, visit with several ladies if you can.

acmecoyote
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: First time look with strikes against..., posted by Jack on Mar 18, 2004

Hey Jack, god to hear from you again ;-)  I believe that I will be doing that, just need to get a few more specifics on the name of the paper(s), and or cities that I need it ran.  I talked with Dmitry at Khasovgirls, and he placed a small 20 word ad with my photo there in the paper just to bonce it around for ideas with the ladies.  But I do prefer your idea we talked about.  And I am working on profile.

Again I appreciate your input as well help I may obtain.

- Wile E

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: