Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 04:58:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kiev - Medical Exam for Interview ?  (Read 7336 times)
Zoidberg
« on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Everyone,

This K1 Visa process sure takes forever. The last 2 months it's hardly moved in California but we are getting closer.

I have heard people getting the medical exam the day before the interview in Kiev. Is that cutting it close at all? Would it be wiser for Sveta to make a seperate trip to Kiev to get the medical done or just schedule it a day or two before the interview? I plan to go there for the interview with her and if she does the medical the day before then we will plan a couple days in Kiev to do it all at once. Just wondering what others think and have done.

I also noticed there is a price difference at the 2 places she can get the medical done at. For those that went through this is the expensive one faster? Is the cheaper one a hurry up and wait type place? The more expensive place looks like it's not open as long either. Just wondering if paying the extra will get her done much faster or not.

Thanks and have a great day!

Z

exlabman
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Kiev - Medical Exam for Interview ?, posted by Zoidberg on Jan 20, 2004

Having just "been there, done that" in December here is the scoop.We used the "oil workers clinic($65)" no big deal. We arrived late meaning 10 am and were out by about 1:30pm with paperwork in hand. Get there at 8 am and be first in Line. It is typical Russian chaos meaning your woman will use all her Russian elbow into the line skills. Just remember that the whole process starts in Room 4A after that it is easy as following the room numbers as they are written on the evvelope she will get in 4A.My Lena just told me to "sit"on the benches in the hallway and I just watched her zoom from room to room and get it all taken care of....they are used to the system so just "sit and keep your mouth shut and take a nap....LOL It is the "American Clinic" that is $100 Why waste money?Huh

Larry
Atlanta

Jack
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Kiev - Medical Exam for Interview ?, posted by Zoidberg on Jan 20, 2004

Hey Z, how you doing?  It seems like it has taken a few years to get to this point, I know you must be excited.

Z I would recommend she do the medical exam at least a few days before the interview. Many times ladies will go ahead and make the trip to Kiev for the exam and then return home before the interview. This way there is no rush and as you know with life in Ukraine or Russia, anything can and will happen. Send her up a few weeks before your arrival, get it taken care of and out of the way.

And yes, the place that is a little higher you were referring too I think is best. Many times ladies are in and out in a few hours. The other location that has the cheaper price sometimes ladies will be at the clinic for up to 8 hours having to wait for this test or that test. I guess because it is like $25 cheaper than the Hospital for Oil Refining Industry they have more ladies. The HORI clinic will charge $100 for the exam. It's phone number is 011-380-44-277-4181 and located at 9 Spusk Protasov Yar.

T P Cornholio
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Kiev - Medical Exam for Interview ?, posted by Jack on Jan 20, 2004

The medical examination and laboratory tests may only be done at the following addresses in Kiev:  

1. American Medical Center (AMC)

1 Berdychivska St.
Kyiv, Ukraine
Telephone: 044-490-7600
Per-person fee for a medical exam is no more than $100 for adults and children.  The Center performs medical examinations any working day (Monday through Friday), between 9:00 and 10:00 am.

2. Clinic for Oil-Refining Industry of Ukraine

8 Mykoly Amosova St.
Kyiv, Ukraine
Telephone: 044-249-3668, 044-275-4181
Per-person fee for a medical exam is no more than $65 for adults and children. The Clinic performs medical examinations any working day (Monday through Friday), between 9:00am and 12:00 pm.

Jack
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Backwards Jack -- from US Embassy Kiev, posted by T P Cornholio on Jan 20, 2004

daaa, I think you are right, I got them switched.
Zoidberg
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Kiev - Medical Exam for Interview ?, posted by Jack on Jan 20, 2004

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the quick answer. It is much appreciated and welcome back to the board. It does seem like years since I started but it's only been about 16 months. Still it's been fun!

I think we'll set up the medical a few days before the interview and then spend a few days in Kiev for a short vacation. I know a few people who did their medical the day before the interview but I thought they were pushing it. I've been to Ukraine 3 times now and I know anything can cause a delay. After we get our second NOA and interview date I'll get back to you about a apartment in Kiev. Did you say jacuzzi?! Hmmm that might not be bad. Who needs to see Kiev anyway? LOL!

Thanks also for the info on the prices for the exam. I assumed the more expensive will be faster but I wanted to check. Sveta wants to do the cheaper one and doesn't mind the wait but I think the faster one is much much better.

Z

Jack
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Kiev - Medical Exam for Intervie..., posted by Zoidberg on Jan 20, 2004

Thanks for the kind words Z. It has been a pleasure working with you over the last year and a half and having a small part in helping you to meet and spend time with your future bride.

Listen Z, Ukraine/Russian women will think nothing of sitting, waiting 6 extra hours to save $25, it is their way. And it is the main reason why one facility will take 3 hours, the other 8.

Pay the extra $25, the two of you would rather do other things in Kiev than to spend the entire day at the medical clinic.

AJ277
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Kiev - Medical Exam for Inte..., posted by Jack on Jan 20, 2004

Z-
go to the more expenbsive place..
my wife went to Kiev early ( a few weeks before interview as ours is in warsaw)
and of course went to the less expensive one,but it was a very very long que and ended up being far more hassle than it was worth.
also when koleaving there where no taxis or mushrukas availble in the area and was another long wait in the cold trying to flag down even a gypsy taxi...
not a happy experience.

with her now having 20/20 hindsight i think she would have spent the extra money!! LOL
but not sure.

i know "I" certainly  would have!!

Zoidberg
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Re: Kiev - Medical Exam for ..., posted by AJ277 on Jan 21, 2004

Thanks AJ for the info on your experience... er.. I mean her experience... Smiley

I had to laugh about your statement "with her now having 20/20 hindsight i think she would have spent the extra money!! LOL but not sure." I don't want to wait longer and if I can pay more to get it done quicker, I will. But since I will be with her I am not sure she'll let me. LOL! We talked about it last night and she still says we should save money and she can wait... so we'll see... I'll just have to say puuuuuhhhhhhleeeeeeeeeeease.... LOL!

exlabman says it wasn't so bad at the cheaper place. I know sometimes paying more isn't always faster but I think this one might be? I hope so...

Z

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: