Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 02:35:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Processing times and Direct Consular Filing?  (Read 8471 times)
Buddabelly
« on: January 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Buddabelly]

Hi,

Back from my trip to Ukraine.  Found a great girl and plan to soon go back to spend a lot of time with her.

I have 2 questions to the vets-
What is the current processing time for Nebraska?  If I filed tomorrow (which I won't!), how long would it be before she stepped off the plane?  I was told by one person that it could be 9 months!!  Is that correct??

I also have heard that if you marry her there, you can, instead of doing a K-3 Visa, do a Direct Consular Filing..  I was told by one source that the "DCF" could be as quick as 2 weeks to 4 months!
Is that also correct??

Thanks
BB

AJ277
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Processing times and Direct Consular Fil..., posted by Buddabelly on Jan 17, 2004

BB-

For US citizens filing a I 130  for a ukrainian citizen,
you are allowed to file it DCF in Kiev or in Warsaw.

as far as timeline.
I filed september 4th 2003, and her interview date was Jan 5th 2004..
91 days,,with many holidays in there.

I know another couples time frame that was much shorter.

AllenB
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Processing times and Direct Consular Fil..., posted by Buddabelly on Jan 17, 2004

Hey BB!  Congradulations.  I hope she is the one because you don't want the hassle of a divorce once she comes to the states.

Anna and I did a DCF.  We had to go to Warsaw for the exit interview but I understand that the U.S. Embassy in Kiev will take DCF now as of 9/03.

Here's what we did.  After we were married I had to come back to take care of business so at the same time I had all the paperwork prepared and she got her paperwork together, such as the police reports, marriage translations, etc.

I flew back to Kiev and we went to the U.S. Embassy to file our DCF and pay the fee.  Once completed we boarded one of their luxurious and swift trains to the Crimea where we spent our honeymoon for two weeks.  Then we went to visit with her parents for one week and then it was off to Warsaw for her exit interview.  Then on a plan to Chicago.

If you need any specifics feel free to email me.  Just click on my profile name and you can get it.

Best of luck!
Allen

AJ277
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Processing times and Direct Consular..., posted by AllenB on Jan 18, 2004

Allen-

K1 interviews are in Kiev presently, but our DCF I130 interview is in warsaw jasnuary 2004.
(filed sept 03)

the rumor is they will change the I 130 interview to Kiev
sometime this year -

but as of today jan 18 they have not, and it is still warsaw.

Buddabelly
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Now if that is the case, why are guys going through all this crap waiting up to 9 months to bring a girl here?  Can someone give me the downside of this??  It just makes sense to me to go DCF... What am I missing?  Is it more expensive?  Is it easier to screw it up?  Can't figure why more guys don't do it!

BB

exlabman
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Last DCF from Ukraine I heard about took..., posted by Buddabelly on Jan 18, 2004

The reason many do not do DCF is that the use the 90 days of the I-129 process to be sure their fiance really like America and the lifestyle of the guy and etc. Thus the advice about "be sure of the relationship before DCF". The DCF does cost more at the start but in the end it is about the same as Fiance Visa process.

Larry
Atlanta

FLASH2D
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

yes, could be even quicker. you'll need many documents beforehand and translated to ukrainian(not russian). she'll need hers in english. if you marry there she'll go to warsaw for interview. but yes it's quicker all the way. the advice to be sure of your relationship is excellent. flash
exlabman
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

Nebraska will run 9 months till she gets off the plane more or less but that is close. Dcf is much quicker .....not two weeks but 6 to 8 weeks if you are well prepared. But more importantly, with DCF she will arrive with green card and work permission in hand which is a lot less hassle and stress. But you should be sure about your relationship before doing DCF. Hope this helps

Larry
Atlanta

Gman
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Processing times and Direct Consular..., posted by exlabman on Jan 17, 2004

Who can do a DCF?  My understanding is that it was only applicable if you actually lived or worked in the foreign country.  Or at least had the flexible the stay aborad for an extended period of time to give that appearance.

Gman

exlabman
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Processing times and Direct Cons..., posted by Gman on Jan 17, 2004

It is up to the consulate in each country. In Russia you can only do DCF if you are a resident for 6 months but Ukraine has no redidency requirement and does DCF although the interview at this time is still done in Warsaw but that will change to Kiev sometime this year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: