Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 08:37:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Required shots for Ukraine  (Read 4137 times)
raenman
« on: January 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

I was wondering(2 weeks before my trip) if there is any required  or recomended shots for entry into Ukraine? Also, do they still require proof or purchase of Medical Insurance upon entry?Thanx,Raenman
John K
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Required shots for Ukraine, posted by raenman on Jan 17, 2004

Before my first trip, I went to the immunologist to get my vaccinations.  This is what he whacked me with, to the best of my memory...

Cholera
Hepatitus A (first round)
Hepatitus B (first round)
Tetnus Booster (I couldn't find proof I had one)

I think there were a few more, but those are the ones that stick out.  He also gave me some Cipreo antibiotics, in case I caught a case of Ukrainian revenge, which I did.  Knocked it out quickly enough.  Hep A is important, as you plan to eat the food.  Hep B is important if you plan on doing more than just talking with the locals...

As far as medical insurance or them checking your shot records go, don't sweat it.  They haven't checked me since my first trip over in '99.  Every year since, they haven't even manned the insurance booth.  Besides, you should have an insurance policy that allows for immediate evacuation of the country, in case of serious illness or injury.  No offense, but a lot of "doctors" over there buy their medical degree...

If you're heading over, I suggest you bring along a few personal health items, to wit:

* Your favorite head cold medicine:  (I use Actifed Allergy, with Epiniphrine)
* Your preferred diarhea medicine (to control the symptoms, while the Cipreo works on the infection itself)
* Your preferred aspirin/analgesic

Best of luck...

romachko
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Required shots for Ukraine, posted by raenman on Jan 17, 2004

In my four visits to Ukraine I never purchased insurance there because my tour book said that you would end up paying out of your pocket any way in case of illness. Once I purchased a med policy in the U.S. before going there. I would suggest that you have some extra cash just in case of emergency. There is no required shots. I never drank water there. I always boiled water even to brush my teeth and used mineralnaya vada for drinking.
FLASH2D
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

raen,  no partner. your free to go. see if your insurance will cover you while your overseas if you tend to get ill easily. otherwise, as long as you  have passport in hand and some spending money, you'll have a great time. where will you be, kiev?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: