Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 26, 2024, 01:35:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Social Security benefits in Ukraine???  (Read 50771 times)
AllenB
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Your friend is right !!!!, posted by Albert on Dec 18, 2003

Check out my other post regarding this topic.  The table on the SSA site shows no direct deposit available for Ukraine or U.S. bank accounts if your residences is Ukraine.
Albert
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Your friend is right !!!!, posted by AllenB on Dec 18, 2003

Allen, the site does not show as you suggest regarding direct deposit into US bank accounts for persons living in Ukraine.
Albert
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Social Security benefits in Ukraine???, posted by europete on Dec 17, 2003

I cannot believe this as you have written it.

Most likely the letter said they would not send money for him to a Ukrainian bank or perhaps to a Ukrainian address.  This is all for reasons of fraud and safety.  This is much different than saying they will cut off his SSA payments.

The simple, and much better practice anyway, is for your friend to set up a bank account in USA for the direct deposit of his SSA and other such checks.  Then he can simply use his debit card to withdraw funds from ATMs anywhere in the world; plus do wire transfers, etc.

wsbill
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Social Security benefits in Ukraine?..., posted by Albert on Dec 17, 2003

My retirement age is 67, per :

http://www.ssa.gov/international/your_ss.html#workoutside

But thank god I'll start getting my navy retirement check at 60.  Whew!

Well, gotta go outside and work on the big ole greenhouse.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: