Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 11:52:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off to Moscow again  (Read 19615 times)
that guy
« on: December 18, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

I'm off to Moscow again in February but then off to Oblast region by train to visit my lady of two years. We have been visiting and writing now for what seems like a lifetime and have finally decided to tie the knot.
 Last week I won a hold-em tournament (poker) and my take was over 3000.00 so I decided to go ahead and visit my lady in the new year and also finish all the needed paperwork with the K-1 on this visit.
 My lady works in the ministry department and has received raises in pay from two years ago bringing her from 200.00 per month to 600.00 per month. Her ability to guide candidates and reforms in business has made her somewhat famous now in her region of Russia.
 I've asked her many times why she would want to basically throw away her great achievments to come to America and live with me? She says she loves me and I also love her and to her that is the most important thing regardless. I feel deeply blessed that she has such feelings for me.
 You know that 600.00 per month in Russia is good money and with her great work ethic she will be a great success anywhere. When I visit her in Russia she will not allow me to spend money on her and I feel almost guilty for that. She has only let me buy her two items in the two trips to see her. One item was a purse that cost 19.00 and the other item was a book that cost 12.00. I paid for all dinners and travel as well as anything else concerned on my trips.
 Once I arrive in Russia I always break a 100 dollar bill into rubles and give her 600 or 900 of the 3000 or so rubles. She hesitates but takes it and she usually buys something for me..lol When we eat dinners the price is never over 20 dollars for two people and most of the time only 10-14. I cannot get her to eat at an expensive restuarant and have tried many times..lol
 This woman really likes to be a basic spender and takes pride on value for money. She helps me shop and argues with shop owners and gets the best price available always. I like this girls way of thinking but what if I want to later spend money on her when we get married?..lol
 Anyway thanks to the poker tournament I'm all set to finish everything and get her to my home and start (a happy family).
 Good luck to all of you and especially GLOBETROTTER who have the task before them as always.
JoeC2003
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Off to Moscow again, posted by that guy on Dec 18, 2003

Congratulations on finding someone who loves you for who you are. As for me, I will ship out to Kyiv on Dec 26 to spend the New Years there. I wonder if I should buy a money pouch or stash some of the cash in my size 13 shoes. What do you think?
JoeC
that guy
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Off to Moscow again, posted by JoeC2003 on Dec 19, 2003

Monety pouch that fits under your belt and pants works good. It holds valuables and eliminates the need for a wallet. The passport will also fit inside and you look as if you have no serious cash on you if you plan it right.
wilmc
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Off to Moscow again, posted by JoeC2003 on Dec 19, 2003

My advice, after four visits to Moscow, do not carry much cash.  I had no difficulty using the cash machines, ATM's, in the hotel lobby and in large banks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: