Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 02:35:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What is fair regarding household chores  (Read 67290 times)
LP
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to That era still exists (and not only in a..., posted by Philb on Dec 21, 2003

..I said no text!!
surfscum
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Gracias.., posted by LP on Dec 21, 2003

PV was just a phase as I was renting out there. I've moved to...EAST Palo Alto. I love the reactions I get from people when I tell them that. (I usually don't bother to tell them that I live on the west side of 101, which makes a difference.) I love the Santa Cruz mountains, the trees, the fog and going off the trail in places like Big Basin or Castle Rock to find its quiet places.

Skyline has really become a hangout for bikers. The Centurion Club members boast doing 100MPH between Alice's and 92. I had on old Yamaha 650 I used to take up there; now I just fantasize about taking my fiancee for a ride on a Harley down Hwy 1.

Albert does sound like a thinking guy so he doesn't need the "big guns." ;-) One observation is that things are different when travelling: time spent doing chores together means more time spent doing fun things later. Plus, just be up front on what he wants, both traveling and living at home. You are dead-on right about not keeping score in a relationship: it is the root of bitterness and is guaranteed to kill. Ask and give forgiveness often and move on.

LP
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Just a phase, posted by surfscum on Dec 21, 2003

[This message has been edited by LP]

...and here I thought you were a big bux PV/Woodside kinda guy. Ya know, horseys...the whole nine yards Wink

EPA sure has changed a lot, gotta give them credit. Went from the homicide captial of the US to a pretty decent place in only a few years. Lol, now that you've got an IKEA over there it's become real swank. Yes, the west side has always been nicer, maybe a little of PA proper rubs off on it.

I hear ya, the run between Alice's and 92 kills a few every year. Years ago came upon a guy who had gone into a Winnebago near the 92 end, it wasn't pretty. I remember he'd dymo labeled "Do Not Remove Helmet If Unconcious" across his chin guard. Yikes...

I prefer getting frisky down thru La Honda (more curves) but jeez, not like some of the guys I see on those rice rockets. I've learned to keep an eye in the mirrors or they'll sneak up and blast by so quickly I nearly have a coronary. And it's neat to see the fog (but cold) rolling in thru the trees at the 92 end during the summer.

I could tell you a story about coming upon some sheep late one night up north on the PCH, scattered them and one bolted the wrong way...a dive all the way to the beach. Coulda been me, riding route 1 at night is crazy but I was young and foolish. You know, you can rent the Hog for a one day run on the PCH, lots of places to do it.

Good observation about doing chores together, never thought of it like that but it's true. Even the chores can be fun if done right, I try to inject some playfullness and good natured ribbing into them. Sometimes this even results in an unscheduled break, if ya get my drift.

KenC
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Yikes...., posted by Albert on Dec 20, 2003

n/t
Albert
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to tongue in cheek, Albert        n/t, posted by KenC on Dec 20, 2003

n/t
Dan
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What is fair regarding household chores, posted by Albert on Dec 19, 2003

n/t
Philb
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Yes, You ARE Wrong  n/t, posted by Dan on Dec 20, 2003

wsbill
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What is fair regarding household chores, posted by Albert on Dec 19, 2003

That way you can save yourself time & money elimating these ladies from the get go.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: