Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 06:37:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATM fees overseas are going up  (Read 19487 times)
John K
« on: December 22, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

FYI, just did some money transfers to Sevastopol, Ukraine through the local ATMs.  Our bank did a standard $3.00 fee for not using our banks ATM.  On top of that now, however, the Ukrainian banks are charging ATM fees.  We got hit with a 3% transaction fee on the Ukrainian side of the exchange.  Not sure if it was just that ATM or if it's spreading across all banks.  It is something to be aware of for the future though...
FLASH2D
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ATM fees overseas are going up, posted by John K on Dec 22, 2003

how do you go about doing your transfers?
John K
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: ATM fees overseas are going up, posted by FLASH2D on Dec 23, 2003

We first started this years ago when Marina was just my fiancée.  I opened a joint account in both our names and simply said that Marina was living at my address.  After I received her card I mailed the card to her.  Once she received the card, I activated it.

Technically, it was a little unethical.  I should have stated that she was in another country and went through all the extra paperwork, translation, notarization and embassy hassles.  The problem is that to do it correctly is extremely difficult.  It was simply much easier to say she lived at my address and get her signature on the docs (I was heading over at the time anyways).

FLASH2D
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How we do it, posted by John K on Dec 23, 2003

thanks jk. that's exactly how i had planned to do it. no harm no foul. it's still cheaper than wwestern union. i checked their rates and my god they pay themselves well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: