Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 09:18:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What women find when they get here  (Read 18878 times)
svanos1
« on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

My wife is from the Ukraine. She has a very high degree from big university there (in Dnepropetrovsk) in mechnical engineering. But, she was making $50/month there and hadn't even had hot water in her apartment for 4 years, and her shoes were 6 years old and her winter coat had about had it.

When I went there, I bought here a hot water heater, new shoes, new winter boots, and 2 new leather/fur coats.

I think that you guys have got a lot backwards. If a woman from there TRULY loves you and is truly mature, she isn't going to be too upset about living in the country. I'm paying $900/month for child support and my wife is happy (with her engineering job) to help out. But we are doing pretty good with combined income of about $150,000/year. But, we have two smaller children, and I have 2 still in college.

If you go over there and marry some tour groupie who is much under 25 years old and all slinky and western looking, then you deserve what you end up getting (in all likelihood).

Pordzhik
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What women find when they get here, posted by svanos1 on Dec 31, 2002

Engaged 4 months, completed K1, wife all settled and happy and with a well paying job so fast already.

Come on tell us how you done it?

svanos1
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A new K1 record!!!, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 31, 2002

I got married in Sep 02, and didn't look at my profile closely when I joined.  Sorry bout that.  Hope that clears things up.
Pordzhik
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A new K1 record!!!, posted by svanos1 on Dec 31, 2002

Having an income of $150,000, thats something like 90,000 pounds, not to be sneezed at anywhere in the world.

After going from no heating and tatty shoes and $50 per month, then all your wifes material expectations of life in America have been surpassed.

I'm interested to know how much of that $150,000 your wife earns after just a few months in her new country? Did she have perfect English skills before coming? did you find any problems having her university degree recognised?

svanos1
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2003, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Welcome to PL, posted by Pordzhik on Dec 31, 2002

She spoke very good English, especially with the help of talking to me everyday on telephone, and the fact that some Americans lived in her city (working on missile disarmament).  She finished National Ukrainian Academy of Mining, and we had no trouble getting her degree recognized here.  We did have to pay for a foreign credentialling service to officially evaluate her diploma and curriculum.  She has equivalent to a BS in Mechanical engineering with MBA in management.  She wasn't working in her field there due to responsibilities to her son.

I make $106,000 of that $150,000.  But, I'm paying child support for one small child, my wife has 10 year old son, and I have two older children in college.  She is very frugal and practical and isn't into expensive cars and things.  We live very simple home, family, and work life.  Our happiness is just being together.  She is almost 35, and I just turned 53 (although in her opinion, I look in my young to middle 40's).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: