Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 09:38:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Onions make you cry???  (Read 46833 times)
Lynn
« on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Lynn]

This one will------or it should. How different will the women of the FSU see Amerika from Mother Russia?

http://www.theonion.com/onion3847/bill_of_rights.html

Read it and weep.

If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed. -- Thomas Jefferson to Col. Yancey, 1816

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. -- Samuel Adams, speech at the Philadelphia State House, August 1, 1776

WmGo
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Do Onions make you cry???, posted by Lynn on Dec 20, 2002

Robert asked for one Smiley
Robert D
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

so I can get off my soapbox and go home on this lovely friday afternoon.

Robert D.

WmGo
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to waiting for an amen, posted by Robert D on Dec 20, 2002

viva libertas!
Ken W
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

...The Onion doesn't make a very good starting point for a discussion of anything but humor - You DO realize that it's satire, right?

-Ken Williams

Lynn
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Uhh..'scuse me but..., posted by Ken W on Dec 20, 2002

You didn't have to spill the beans so soon. If you get down to the nitty-gritty there is more truth than fiction in that satire than 99% of the sheeple are willing to see.
Take a close look at what has went on here in the last 90 years. We were once mighty, now we are one of the biggest debtor nations on earth, in fact it is estimated that if the international bankers called in all their notes, and we signed the nation over to them, that might cover 1/3 of the debt. As the Ukrainian lady told my friend in DC "I thought that America was the land of the free and the home of the brave. We have more freedom in Ukraine than you do here. The funny thing is you Americans don't realize how enslaved you are."
yoe
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Uhh..'scuse me but..., posted by Lynn on Dec 20, 2002

"this country is freedom? Nobody knows what freedom is here!" Of course she lives with a man who is under surveilance 24/7 too. That may make a difference. Wink
Joe
ps. LP get your boys offa my roof
LP
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to my wife laughs and says..., posted by yoe on Dec 20, 2002

....ain't my boys Yoey, I left that biz a long time ago and make an honest living now. If they were "my" boys these days they'd have made a very big hole in your roof and be in your living room by now.

Are ya sure it ain't Santa? ;-)

Ken W
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

...but aren't you supposed to be going to see the King? BTW watch out for that Foxy-Loxy fellow, I hear he's quite the scoundrel.

*groan*

- Ken Williams

Lynn
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Well, I wont get between you and the soa..., posted by Ken W on Dec 20, 2002

You may find out soon enough: http://fly.hiwaay.net/~becraft/Pub7277.htm

Lynn
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Well, I wont get between you and the soa..., posted by Ken W on Dec 20, 2002

[This message has been edited by Lynn]

Is that the best you can come back with? I suppose you think that we are a financially strng country? Do a little research, find out the "real" truth about our monetary system. Analysts say that when the Euro reaches 1.17USD to 1EURO that our money will be on the verge of collapse. It took the Federal Reserve exactly 20 years to bankrupt the USA and since it's creation in 1913 our country has been sinking deeper and deeper into debt every day/hour/minute/second. I give you this:

http://brillig.com/debt_clock/

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Give me control over a nation's currency and I care not who makes its laws.  -- Baron M.A. Rothschild (1744 - 1812)

"The few who can understand the system (Federal Reserve) will either be so interested in its profits, or so dependent on its favors, that there will be no opposition from that class, while on the other hand, the great body of the people, mentally incapable of comprehending the tremendous advantages that capital derives from the system, will bear its burdens without complaint and perhaps without even suspecting that the system is inimical to their interests".  --John Sherman, protege of the Rothschild banking family, in a letter sent in 1863 to NY Bankers, Morton, and Gould, in support of the then proposed National Banking Act

vagn
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Well, I wont get between you and the..., posted by Lynn on Dec 20, 2002

There is a real live debt clock on Sixth Ave
here in NYC.  The best place to see it from is
Bryant Park, corner of 42nd and Sixth.

This is he funny thing: It should have been running
backwards during the recent boom times, because the
federal debt was being paid off fast.  Instead
is was turned off, and then covered up.

It's running again now, though.

What's up with that?

Lynn
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to funny thing about the debt clock, posted by vagn on Dec 21, 2002

Got to keep the mice on the treadmill, I suppose.

Ever thought about just who we are in debt to?Huh??

Do some research as to where your tax dollars "actually" go.

JohnL
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Well, I wont get between you and the..., posted by Lynn on Dec 20, 2002

I liked your commentary Lynn ........  I seem to have heard similar stories here. Strange, our (Kangaroo) currency was equal to the new Euro when it was 'floated'. Funny thing, someone tore our $ in halves, and I reckon they have lost the other half as well.

Yeh, you wont be immune from this trend, phenomenen, plan; Ah well, its all happening.

Long live Kangaroo Currency, it jumps all over the place, but a 'buck's a buck' when you ain't got a greenback. LOL

JL.

BURKE89
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: