Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 08:15:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats...  (Read 11577 times)
Frank O
« on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

on the success/failure rates of Russian/American or Ukrainian/American matrimonies? My lady had mentioned they were not very good when talking about the work that was ahead of us if we were to decide to marry. However she never mentioned actual figures or where she got them from. She just said they were NOT very promising. I had a friend ask me about this but honestly I didn't know what they were. Any help would be appreciated.
Mike
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by Frank O on Dec 20, 2002

Frank,
I suspect strongly there aren't any stats that can come close to being accurate. There are too many variables involved.
A well rounded, cautious, patient man that can look at himself and likes what he sees, and isn't a controling person then goes out and finds himself a RW that he is 100% sure that she has a good heart and high morals then the chances are good that it will work. The thing is you can't know this about each other until you've lived under the same roof for some time, and that's if you think she qualifies. It's a gamble but there are ways to put the odds in your favor with some soul searching and listening to that little voice in your head that tells you something may not be right.

My guess the figures are 1 in 5 but I've not read or done any research. The reason my figures are low is there are too many guys that don't have what it takes to make a good marriage and just as many women too match. I call it the me me me relationship from one side or both mixed with culture differances, and the non-ability to respect these diferances from both parties.

Mike

thesearch
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by Frank O on Dec 20, 2002

Frank,

I am a bit concerned about her comment. Why would she say such? I won't go any further with this.

oldbutspry
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by thesearch on Dec 20, 2002

I would take it as a good sign.  She is confiding in him by sharing her worries.  Also, it shows she is realistic and concerned about the relationship enduring.

That's my take.

John

JR
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Patrick
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I don't think you'll find any reliable MOB marriage statistics, but I do believe that looking at divorce rates by country will give you an idea of how commited to marriage people from various countries are.

http://www.planet-love.com/divorce.html

Philb
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by Patrick on Dec 20, 2002

And most of the other central Asian republics.  I wonder why the numbers are so much different than the rest of the FSU.  There is the Muslim factor but I do not think that could explain every thing.
juio99
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by Patrick on Dec 20, 2002

Patrick, I am no expert on this, but looking at the list will indicate some interesting correlations between the rates and a couple of factors.  The factors are religion and the extent or degree of a male dominant society.

So I am not sure if the rates indicate the degree of "commitment" or the degree of "nonacceptability of divorce."  And, of course, correlations always allow for the possibility of some 'outliers.'  What think ye?

Patrick
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats...., posted by juio99 on Dec 20, 2002

I'm sure there are marriages in the more religious cultures that continue only in name.  However, I also think marriages go through rough times and those people from cultures (and families) where divorce is more acceptable are more likely to bail rather than work at making it better.
thesearch
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

asd
bryan
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Russians and Americans have the highest divorce rates in the world probably between 40 and 45 percent. Combine the two and i suggest that rate increases some.
Oscar
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by bryan on Dec 20, 2002

The rate is actually closer to 50% for the USA.  I am sure that FSU countries would be higher than that..
thesearch
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: anyone know SUBSTANTIATED stats..., posted by bryan on Dec 20, 2002

Russia and USA about 40 to 45% --- so if you add them together - you got 80 to 90% divorce rate.
LP
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Lets see, posted by thesearch on Dec 20, 2002

.....Sorry Greg, doesn't work that way in math. Seems about right in reality though. ;-)
greg2
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to huh?...., posted by LP on Dec 21, 2002

Yea, that must be what was "confusin" me
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: