Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 08:51:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, new topic- What are you getting your RW-  (Read 13845 times)
LP
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to OK, new topic- What are you getting your..., posted by Oscar on Dec 20, 2002

[This message has been edited by LP]

...ruined"....Isn't that what Mark Twain said about golf? Didn't Winston Churchill call it "the futile pursuit of a small white ball, across inhospitable terain, with implemments ill suited to the task"?

There's a golf course across the street from a nearby airport. (Ever notice how golf courses and city dumps are often next to airports? Whats up with that?) Those guys are crazy. I remember one time a golf ball came right into a hangar I was in and richoceted around the place narrowly missing me, my car, and a $10 million dollar jet. In fact, on any given weekend I can walk around this airport and pick up dozens of balls.
Only good thing about it is that it's a open place to head for if something really bad happens. (lol, maybe that'll be my revenge someday.)

I don't get it Oscar, maybe a frying pan would have been better. Oh well, just please teach her to make it go straight. ;-)

Oscar
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "A pleasant walk....., posted by LP on Dec 21, 2002

oldbutspry
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to OK, new topic- What are you getting your..., posted by Oscar on Dec 20, 2002

You had me really worried until you got to the "jewelry, clothes, etc.." part!

I haven't decided.  I wanted to get her something romantic so I was thinking some reasonably priced piece of jewelry.  But I already got her a gold necklace.  And last Christmas I got the woman I was dating then a bracelet so it doesn't seem right to get that as a gift (yeah, she would never know but still...).  And rings are quite pricey if you get anything worthwhile.  So maybe some earrings.

Of course, there is always the old standby - a gift certificate to the Tattoo Jungle.  But I'll save that one for some year when I really don't know what to get her.

John

Oscar
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: OK, new topic- What are you getting ..., posted by oldbutspry on Dec 20, 2002

An idea if you haven't already-  A neclace and earrings in her birth stone.  I got mine a neclace and earrings in hers (ruby).  Nice gift, not terribly expensive..
oldbutspry
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: OK, new topic- What are you gett..., posted by Oscar on Dec 21, 2002

I looked and her stone is Peridot.  Will have to go shopping tomorrow and see what I find.  Thanks!

John

robobond
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Marry Xmas, Oscar.  
If she doesn't wrap a nine iron around your neck, it's a good sign and she's a keeper!  This is a VERY welcome post in contrast to the pall that John/David's insistent blathering has wrapped around this board's ol' Xmas spirit like a London dank fog... 'bout as welcome as a fart in church.
Bob
Oscar
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to ERROR: No Subject, posted by robobond on Dec 20, 2002

[This message has been edited by Oscar]

I figure if I take her shopping for some cute little golf outfits, then she'll love golf! LOL!  Actually, she's simply made up her mind that she is going to love it come helll or high water.. says she wants me to be golfing with her, not all the old single buds putting ideas into my head! ;-)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: