Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 09:01:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK, new topic- What are you getting your RW-  (Read 13846 times)
Oscar
« on: December 20, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

For Christmas???

I just picked up a set of golf clubs for my fiance.  She knows I love to golf and so she said she would like to golf with me.  I said to her "what if you try it and don't like it?".  She said "if you like it, I will like it, because I love you and we must do these things together!".  LOL!  When was the last time I heard an AW say something like that?? ...... Like, NEVER! LOL!

So I got her a set with a bag and all etc..  I think she'll be very excited.  Lots of other stuff too, jewelry, clothes, etc..

Should be a very nice Christmas this year, for both of us..

Oscar

landscaper
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to OK, new topic- What are you getting your..., posted by Oscar on Dec 20, 2002

i can only hope by this time next year this will be something I have to be concerned about.
Mike
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to OK, new topic- What are you getting your..., posted by Oscar on Dec 20, 2002

I'm getting my wife a new shotgun, fishing pole and tackle.
I'm also thinking about getting her a crossbow. I think she's getting me 4 volumes of something written by Tolstoy. ( I guess that'll come in handy when I gotta use the restroom in the woods and need to rip out a few pages)

Mike

slimjimco
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I bought mine what she had wanted; A red pair of cowboy boots.  I guess that she is a Cossakinka.
Jack
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Hey guys, those are a lot of nice gifts you are getting for your Russian brides! What do you buy for a Russian woman who has bought everything she has ever seen on any info-commercial (seriously)? I was thinking about getting a couple of gift certificates, a couple of hundred at a Dilliards and a Foleys for example.

But you guys have brought up some additional good things to consider. A gold necklace, a necklace and earrings in her birth stone, gift certificate to the Natasha's Tattoo Jungle, over-the-range microwave, a frying pan, bring her parents here for a visit, a tattoo (from Natasha's Tattoo Jungle),  a nice warm leather coat, Rado watch, clothes, trip to Paris, trip  to NYC , trips to the driving range and a little a poem from Yoe.  

The necklace and earrings in her birth stone sound like a good idea, as does the gift certificate to Natasha's Tattoo's Jungle and a frame copy of poem from Yoe. Decisions, decisions.

micha1
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Oscar,  you are a sharp guy and must be a very patient
person.  Outfitting a girl to play golf.
You surely know that golf is a virus, once you are hook,
ball game over.
Take her to the driving range, again and again and some more,  she may love you more for it and there is the other
side of the coin, becoming an adict to anything, an adict
to gofl, ho la la.
yoe
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I Believe in Father Christmas
Greg Lake

(Greg Lake/ Peter Sinfield)

They said there'll be snow at Christmas,
They said there'll be peace on earth,
But instead it just kept on raining,
A veil of tears for the Virgin birth.

I remember one Christmas morning,
The Winter's light and a distant choir,
And the peal of a bell and that Christmas tree smell,
And eyes full of tinsel and fire.

They sold me a dream of Christmas,
They sold me a silent night,
They told me a fairy story,
'Til I believed in the Israelite.

And I believed in Father Christmas,
And I looked to the sky with excited eyes,
Then I woke with a yawn in the first light of dawn,
And I saw him and through his disguise.

I wish you a hopeful Christmas,
I wish you a brave New Year,
All anguish, pain and sadness,
Leave your heart and let your road be clear.

They said there'd be snow at Christmas,
They said there'd be peace on earth,
Hallelujah! Noel!, be it Heaven or Hell,
The Christmas we get, we deserve.

yoe
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to One of my favorite Christmas Songs-in ca..., posted by yoe on Dec 21, 2002

http://www.thenightowl.com/nightowlradioxmas2000.htm
Rags
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Going to see her cousin that she hasn't seen for 16 years (since his family defected to the US) who has a new baby boy.
KenC
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Oscar,
With all the new frustrations you are taking on, you wanna add golfing with your wife?  LOL  Women shouldn't be allowed on golf courses or in Home Depots! Seriously, don't over do the gifts right away as it may be overwhelming for her.  Lena insisted on getting a Xmas job her first year here so as to pay for her gift to me and my children herself.  Some of these gals have a lot of pride and you have to be careful not to make them feel small about their gift to you.  As for this year's gift for my sweetie, she thinks that bringing her parents here for a visit is all that she will get.  Some how a little Rado watch will also enter into the mix.  Hope you have a great holiday season and are able to spend it with her.
KenC

SteveM
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Are you nuts?, posted by KenC on Dec 21, 2002

Ken,

So sorry to hear that you have been bypassed by the home renovation fairy.

My wife is practically greeted by name at the Home Depot.  In the past two years, we have used it (and Lowe's) for paint, wallpaper, lumber, tools, appliances, plumbing fixtures, and ceramic tile, among other things.  More than half of the time, it was her doing the work, too.

The place now looks amazing, and the budget required to do it was very modest.  Yet another benefit of having a RW, and one who is an interior designer to boot.

So, in addition to going to Disney World for the week before Christmas, this year I finally had to get off my lazy butt and buy her a power drill for Christmas.

And she still looks like a model...

Steve M.

Oscar
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Are you nuts?, posted by KenC on Dec 21, 2002

[This message has been edited by Oscar]

Don't get me wrong, I did get her golf equipment-

Bag
8 irons
3 drivers
driver covers
putter
pull cart

All this for the skyhigh price of $89! LOL!  They had the same package a lot of places for a discounted $169 but for some reason, I ran into a one hour sale when I was in a store!
They aren't great clubs (Knight) but not bad either.  It's a great starter set and if she really does like it, like she says she will, I'll get her a good set next summer.  She also knows I golf a lot with my sister and her husband and our cousins and their wives, so she really wants to be a part of the social thing.

I don't think I'm over doing it.  Some jewelry, some clothes.  Her engagement ring is the most expensive thing I have bought, but I will not be giving it to her for Christmas, as much as I'd like to.  I won't jump the gun on that one, we have time.  

And yes, we are together for Christmas, her little boy is very excited.  I got him a nice little BMX bike and ball and glove etc..

Now Rado sounds pretty "Rad"ical!

anzo
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Travis
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

A nice warm leather coat...perfect for Russian weather. Since she is going back there! Sorry to ruin the Christams spirit. I'm not in touch with it this year. More than David is though Smiley
Stevo
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

over-the-range microwave so she can spend more time cookin'.  She didn't like the old range 'cause it was a little ratty looking (she likes most things 'for beauty').

Plus I got her a tattoo.

Jewelry and clothes? Nah....she's REAL good at buying her own stuff (like everyday!).

Merry Xmas!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: