Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 17, 2024, 11:26:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Mas gift  (Read 8106 times)
micha1
« on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Outside flowers, which they will get anyway.
What is safe to send to girls in the FSU.
I had thought about a c-note each, that way they can use it anyway
they care and would love too.  It is my guess that, the safest way
would be  Western Union, (if anyone has any ideas, they are welcome).
Jack
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to X-Mas gift, posted by micha1 on Dec 21, 2002

Michael, I don't know about the C-note. I guess if it is for fiancee it's probably ok, and probably a "few' c-notes! But for girls, as you put it, I think of course flowers, chocolate, perfume, stuffed animals and the fruit basket.

The fruit baskets you send can be customized as you want it. One type fruit basket for one special lady, a different type fruit basket for three or four ladies.

In addition to special ladies, fruit basket's are really big hit's with the family of your fiancee/wife. One, two bottle's of Champaign, various fruits, meats, cheese's, bread, candy. The basket's yield usually last a couple of weeks and you are thought of each time.

Also not to forget the family pet. Little toys or balls for the family cat are popluar.

micha1
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: X-Mas gift, posted by Jack on Dec 21, 2002

Jack,  me and you, have to talk.  I'll do it your way.
Will e-mail you.
Thank you, to have shown me the light.
KenC
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: X-Mas gift, posted by Jack on Dec 21, 2002

[This message has been edited by KenC]

Back a few years ago I was in Tver for New Years.  I decided to give a gift basket to Lena and her family.  My interpreter could not grasp the concept.  I had to take her around and collect all the things I thought should go into it.  Hard salami, cheeses, candies, fruits (such as they were), bottles of Champaign and other things.  We then took these to a florist to pack into a basket.  I had the interpreter deliver the gift to Lena's flat.  Even though the custom was very odd to them, it was a big hit.  I explained that this is what I would have done in America so I didn't feel that a few thousand miles should make a difference.
KenC
LP
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to X-Mas gift, posted by micha1 on Dec 21, 2002

....in what? Canukbucks? Thats funny money Monsewer, it won't go very far. ;-)

WU is a rip but thats the safest way I suppose. I dunno if Candaians can do it on the web like we can, makes it real simple. Course, you might get spanked here for sending money to chicks unless you've met them but don't listen, it's your dough.

Truth is, I just sent a few Xmass C notes myself to chicks I've never met and I'm not even looking anymore. Old habits die hard and they're only friends anyway. They'll just spend it on their familes or in one case, get the damned heat turned back on. Besides, it'll keep them from scamming some of these guys ;-)

If the squeeze found out I'd be dead meat, so mums the word.....

PS: I may be goin into Dorval soon, ye be close?

micha1
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A c note?....., posted by LP on Dec 21, 2002

Yes, if you are coming this way,  please let me know,  hoping you are staying over.
Will take you to restaurants,  you didn't know that food could taste that good.
And perhaps a little action on the side,  I drank from shoes, before, champagne, and from other places.
Not everyone can be franch, I know..............
Send an e-mail, please, shall give the real address and the phone..
take care.   michel
micha1
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: A c note?....., posted by micha1 on Dec 21, 2002

it was not franch,  I meant "FRENCH", as in french love.
I can guess that you guess it.
yoe
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to A c note?....., posted by LP on Dec 21, 2002

I have been receiving calls from the locals who do not have the funds this year to help those who are having problems.
1. All aid has been reduced to nothing
2. so many people are out of work
3. many programs are down to nothing and the churches are all that is left-you just have to sit through a sermon then you get your milk and cookies!
So I have not made a dime this year due to my long vacation and now I have this guilt trip for all the people who have nothing at all. So it is off to the soup kitchen...
Joe
LP
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks to your gummnit...., posted by yoe on Dec 21, 2002

...It's yer gummint too Yoe, more so than mine because you probally vote. (To those who think your vote actually matters, well, good for you.)

Whats yer point? Other than a few truly unfortunate, many are broke because of their own doing. And don't whine about the economy. If the average guy didn't dig such a big a consumer debt hole tryin to keep up with the Jones he'd have something left to carry him through tougher times. lol, and there's that rush to marry again after an ex-wife cleans you out, lets not forget that. I mean come on, financial planning is a lot easier than an MOB pursuit.

Guilt trip? You? lol, now I've heard everything. How does one feel guilty about not makin a dime because he was on vacation for so long? Enjoy yer soup....

yoe
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to My gummint?..., posted by LP on Dec 21, 2002

many people do not have the savvy to play the system. I know many people have nothing due to their own lack of planning and insight. And I believe we all get what we wish for! But, that is not to say I should not do my part to help people through this transition. I did pretty well without help-but there were a couple of times when a strangercame through and it did make a difference-I will never forget it.
As far as the soup-I always give my donations and volunteer a couple of hours..........Believe it or not I have actually made a 'positive' influence on a few people. I usually find a couple of people with potential and either hire them or give them a referral. It is not what you know! huh...
as far as my vote not counting-that is true. But if I can get a few people to vote and they each can inspire a few to vote-------them my vote has weight. But then again who knows-this is bush country, where senators fall out of the sky at election time and building tumble like the best demolition crew in town was there.......and we pound the floor for war without an ounce of proof!!
Joe
micha1
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thanks to your gummnit...., posted by yoe on Dec 21, 2002

Yoe,  it is the same here,  excepted that the programs are loaded.
Sometime, I also feel as you do, explain here in your post.
There a small shopping center, 100 yards from my house.  The boss at the market happens to be a friend.
I don not want to start now, but I cannot tell you how many shopping cart I have fill in the past two weeks- organic
pasta,  chunky soup, etc.    The boss was mad, because I was cleaning him out for that day.
As an example,  I have a good, very dear friend,  he migrated here from Italy, forty years ago,  he tells sometime
that by wednesday, they had nothing to eat in the house, no bread...etc...so he had to go to work, early.  Today,
he is one of the biggest produces (fruits and vegetables) brokers in Canada, certainly the biggest in Montreal,
sure he drives a BMW,  his wife also, the kids have cars, etc...
But when he does give, he feels like it is a favor that people do to him by accepting.
My story, is almost alike, but there was always someone in the family to help.
All this to say that,  please trust that I do understand what you said.

I found out about a product that comes from the US,  St-Augustine,Florida,  it is call Balanced,  a meal in a can,
like a milk shake.  Bought 20 cases (boxes), this all the wholesaler had in stock, for a thing we call, here,
"La Guignolée", which is collecting for people in need.

The big question for me, is how do I do the best I can, with whatever "little" I can do.
I was once described as a rogue, the type ypou only find in the backstrech of a racetrack, was in some schools
when a kid, that you needed a judge to send you there, it was called a reform school, today I do try to pay back
somehow, for the luck I had to have been there,
thank you,  michel

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: