Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 28, 2024, 08:03:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you guys think....  (Read 26283 times)
AsianGirl
« on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

THat Asians in Asia seem to have an obsession with anything western?  From what I've heard, many women in Korea and Japan get their eyes "fixed" so that they could appear more white.  What do you think about this?  Do you guys find that attractive?
Judy
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Do you guys think...., posted by AsianGirl on Jan 29, 2001

Well since you asked, my cousin is half Japanese and she had the eye surgery done about 15 years ago. My one aunt said that it was so she could see better. I am an RN and I know that is absolutely ridiculous.  My cousin now has numerous scars around her eyes and can't see any better than before.  Her father was a bit of a jerk and he is the one who talked her in to it.  
    Any cosmetic surgery needs to be thought out rationaly but surgery to change your ethnicity is just plain dumb.
I speak from professional experiance and my own oh so humble opinion.

Yours Judy

SteveG
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

AsianGirl,
 I have seen a definite preference for American products in the Philippines.  Melly's boss has a John Deere tractor and he was complaining how the seals he gets over there won't last a week until they are leaking and how he would love to have some genuine John Deere seals made in America. This is just one example, but typifies the general attitude I saw from most people.   I remember reading several articles in newspapers while over there about how Filipinos need to be more loyal to their own products if they want their manufacturing capabilities to grow.  Of course the problem is that in many - most - cases the American product is better quality and the people know it.   It's like the domestic vs foreign car situation here in the US in the 70's where competition either forces improvement in quality or the poorer quality product goes away when it's manufacturer goes out of business.

I have heard about the eye operations and think that is a crime.   The doctors doing this should be boiled in dirty oil from the crankcase of a rusty Yugo for a week!!   In my opinion, Asian women are the most beautiful, sexy, exotic women on Earth - by far.  The ironic thing about these eye "fixing" operations is that it is their eyes are the most distinctive feature that separates them from others, so why in heavens name do they want to change them??  I say to all the Asian women - "You were born perfect so don't mess with ANYTHING!"  

SteveG

Ray
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Do you guys think...., posted by SteveG on Jan 30, 2001

n/t
jfred
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I married a filipina last Autumn in Mindanao, and on our wedding day she went out of her way to put make-up on which made her face look whiter than it is.

What could I say w/o hurting her feelings?  She is much more beautiful with her brown skin than with white make-up on.  It is a mystery to me...

JimF (Dipolog)

Windmill Boy
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Last year I flew from the east coast  to visit a Japanese Penpal in San Fran.  I also had the opportunity to meet another of her Japanese girlfriends.  This woman was also quite attractive  but she kind of spooked me and looked silly wearing Blue contact Lenses over her brown eyes.  Why she would want to change her eye color is beyond me  but it just doesn't work over brown / black eyes.  Of course this is small potatoes compared with going under the Knife or playing bleach bottle bingo.

Skin Color --- not really a big issue for me. I've worked with Asians before and I never could figure out why Asians have been called yellow skinned.  While their skin was slightly more tanned than mine.  It was nothing different than an italians pigmentation versus my northern european whiter skin. Now Finally in California  I  am working with chinese girl and by jove her skin is tan with a real definate yellow hue to is it  and it really is an exciting, interesting look. I wouldn't want her or any Asian to change their skin color.  Variety is the spice of life and beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But then again this is just this dutch boy's Dirty blond hair blue eyed opinion.  I am biased though  only 1 in 50 blondes (blue eyes) get a serious second look from me -- Sorry Barbie.  But my interest radar is tweeked as soon as I notice Asian women and other brunetttes.

Windmill Boy

logan_jiang
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

sure do uh huh
cc
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Yes, I find it attractive in Eurasians, but nevertheless would discourage it strongly. I think chinese, japanese, vietnamese, malay girls are very beautiful on their own without having to change anything. To be frank: if they are beautiful they don't become more so by straightening out their noses. And if they are ugly, then making the nose bigger doesn't help either - just my opinion!

The most ridiculous thing is "skin whiteners" - most western men and women find darker skin atractive, that's why they go "sun-bathing" on the first ray of summer sun ;-)

AsianGirl
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Do you guys think...., posted by cc on Jan 29, 2001

Dark skin has only been seen as attractive in the last 80-90 years or so.  Before that, western society considered light skin attractive because it meant that you were well-off and therefore didn't have to work.  That's why Nellie Olson from "Little House On The Prairie" never went outside during recess! :-)
Bob S.
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Do you guys think...., posted by AsianGirl on Jan 29, 2001

You are pretty much right on.  The concept of "thin + tan = healthy = beautiful" is a recent cultural development.  Prior to this modern era, pale and plump was the standard of beauty.  If you were pale (alabaster for the ladies), it meant you spent leisure time indoors, or at worst had an indoor domestic job, still better than the filthy dirty illiterate peasant field-hands.  Plumpness in a woman meant she had a husband who could well provide for her, and plumpness in a man meant he had a woman who could take very good care of him. And there is a scientific correlation between fat and fertility in women from an article in Scientific American from around 8 years ago, but I can't find it now.  A preference for at least some curviness in women is still instinctual in men.  Compare the magazines that cater to men as opposed to those that cater to women.  Playboy and Penthouse models are always more curvy than the anorexic waifs you'll find in Cosmo or Mademoiselle.

Thin and tan came into vogue primarily as a result of two factors: prosperity and changes in fashion (some would say that the changes in fashion are themselves a product of fluctuations in prosperity).  As general prosperity increased, it became possible for anyone, including the lower classes, to sit around, collecting a welfare check, eating bon-bons, getting fat and staying pale.  The more prosperous classes would vacation where it was warm and sunny, coming home to sport a tan showing they had actually been somewhere.  While at the same time, rising hemlines and lowering necklines meant more of one's body would be on public display.  Gradually, the fit collegiate athlete type replaced the more rotund stogie-chomping country club set as the preferred virile sexual companion, first in men and later in women.

So now, thin and tan is assumed to display an active healthy lifestyle, and good genes to pass on to one's progeny.  While pale and plump is thought to show sedentary laziness, qualities one doesn't want in either a sexual companion or a gene donor to one' offspring.
Dermatologists who are all too aware of the dangers of skin cancer are trying to undo the "tan = healthy" part of the equation.

AsianGirl
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Tans & Culture, posted by Bob S. on Jan 30, 2001

It's everywhere.  Many magazine articles have stated that men prefer women a waist-hip ratio of 0.7 (e.g a waist/hip of slightly under 24 inches and hips of 34 inches)
Jeff S
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The 0.7 waist-hip ratio, posted by AsianGirl on Jan 30, 2001

It amazes me the lenghths some women's magazines go to analyzing exactly what dimensional proportions of body shape/ effect of certain scents/ hairstyles/ nail colors/ etc. turn a man on while completely disregarding attitude, conversational skills, outlook on life, sense of humor, you know, all the things that make a women truly beautiful.
yogi57
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I think you're reading the wrong magazin..., posted by Jeff S on Jan 30, 2001

Your Right.But the women aren't listening to the men.That's part of the problem.Just my opinion:)
FL
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I think you're reading the wrong magazin..., posted by Jeff S on Jan 30, 2001

Whats more amazing is that some people find substance/value in that kind of crap. I'm proud to say my fiance is not a 0.7..she's a 10+++++++, to me anyway and that's all that matters!!!!!!!! She's definitly all the things that make a woman truly beautiful. Somehow I think there's alot of (lucky) guys here that know exactly what I mean.
AsianGirl
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I think you're reading the wrong mag..., posted by FL on Jan 30, 2001

Uhh so she has a huge stomach??? :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: