Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 02:39:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe to say my girl was a scammer  (Read 75295 times)
Bobby Orr
« on: February 06, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

I had a sophisticated scammer roll me over.  It cost me agency fees, time with the girl, time in the Ukraine, presents there plus cash there and Western Union cash totalling $650 when all was said and done above what I payed the agency to meet the girl.  The agency was out of Kharkov, Ukraine (immediately a suspect city for those of you who know the industry).  I knew that, but I have to go for the pretty girls so I went with the agency, which is probably a scam agency as well.  At the very least they are completely negligent in screening their girls.  
The girl wrote decent letters to me.  We corresponded well.  She is fluent in English and 19 years younger than I as well.  She was one of five girls I went over to meet.  I went through the girls of the agency I intended to meet plus another 7 girls.  They were just as pretty as their pictures, but she seemed to connect so well with me.  She did not spend my money needlessly in Ukraine, did not ask for anything.  I met her mother - though in a restaurant and not her house.  Everything was fine - I thought she was great and quickly made her my only.  The girl was a normal Ukrainian girl, barely making it by our standards.  I saw she had no hat and that her gloves were torn so I bought her a fancy hat and gloves.  She had no watch so I bought her a decent watch - total present bill $160.  We ate at restaurants, hung out and had a good time.  No real sex, but we were very close.
We decided to start the fiance visa process.  We filled out the 325A form in my flat.  I figured I would get the paperwork set for her plus learn about her via email over the months and visit her again in April.  I gave her $220 cash when I left to get her International passport, more photos, translated birth certificate etc.  When I came back home within a week she claimed to have massive problems with the police in getting her International passport.  She said she had to convert her Russian passport to her Ukrainian and that she had to bribe people, because the in the Kharkov area the police are so corrupt, so I found out what she needed and I gave her $300.0  I still was waiting for the birth certificate, translated copies, photos etc.
Then she said she had to spend all the money to get her International passport.  I told her how much things should have cost and she gave me what seemed like a logical explanation that things in Eastern Ukraine are much more corrupt than Kiev and the police needed all the money to process the fiance visa.  Her situation was really unique, her father was a pilot.  They had lived in many places in the FSU as well as East Germany.  She had lots of pictures.  It seemed possible to me ie. I bought that lie.  So, I gave her the benefit of the doubt, it was Christmas time so I gave her $150 more for Western Union to get everything not yet done to me.  I expected her to buy herself a gift, or her family a gift with the extra money - luckily for me, no biggie, but of course the principle is what counts.  
The next thing I hear she is very sick.  She is in the hospital, there are expensive bills etc.  I said everything right, was sorry I could not be there to help her but sent no more money.  After five days I asked her for the hospital address because I wanted to send her a really nice present.  Oh, too late, she was getting out tomorrow, but could now not work for a while (keep in mind she was making $25 a month as an aerobics instructor plus going to school) - but everything would be fine, her parents had helped her and she would now be able to get me the paperwork, but could not use DHL as I asked, but would use another service and I would get the paperwork in two weeks.  
The next thing I hear is that her friend had a great way for her to get to the US, where she would not need a fiance visa.  It would be on a student visa and it would only cost me $1199 including airfare.  Plus the visa would be good for a minimum of five months.  By then I was really humoring myself with her.  I asked her to have her friend give me names, telephone numbers and email addresses of the girls his company had gotten into the US.  Once I had verified that other women had gone to the US this way I would be happy to send her the money, hah, hah, hah.   I also told her I spoke to my friend who is a lawyer about method of getting into the US and he did not know about it. Then I get an email back from her telling me how this is a good friend and she can not believe I do not trust her.  She does not want to be with a man if the man does not trust her.  
I sent her back an email saying that I do trust her, but I need evidence that her friend is not misleading her.  I am definitely done with her.  I may play with her and make up a Western Union number that I have sent her for the full amount of the money etc.  
Bottom line - she has been scamming me.  She made me go to the Ukraine, acted like she loved me, acted like she wanted to spend the rest of her life with me, made me fall in lust, all the while waiting for me to leave with the thoughts of getting as much money out of me as possible for her to process her International passport and do her fiance visa paperwork.  I have never read about a scam like this.  So, my word to the wise here at this board is that you now know about this scam and if you are taken advantage of by this type of scam it is now your fault.
Jeff
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Safe to say my girl was a scammer, posted by Bobby Orr on Feb 6, 2002

Yeah... You know Bobby, I actually feel bad for you, and can't blame you either. This story made me blush about this Ukrainain gal....And it is also hard for you to spend so much money, I also know it wouldn't be matter to you if she would be here with you, you could handle everything and make things work for you. But, well, no luck.
Life in Ukraine such pain in .... that some people are confused, they just want to live normal, yes, it happens. Thanks God it didn't happen to me, because people there are different anyway, some of them have money some of them have none. I see, that girl's father is a pilot, they don't make big money, she makes 25 $ a months, goes to school... well, she was fine, and probably acted like she loves you because she probably needed more money, and maybe tried to find better way to get here with different kind of visa, do you see, she just wanted to get here, she didn't care about you. It is clear!
OK You say, she is young...brrr, just younger than you ( 19 years difference)Wow, you already then had to think about what could possibly happen.
For example, I am from Ukraine too, I started to search for any foreign man, just wanted him to be nice, I can't remember how many hundrens of them wrote me even from Hawai, one guy a millioner only he was 60 y.o.... do you think i would go there only because of this place and his money? Nope! No sense! I refused them all, why to lie?
Well I met my Jeff, my love, my life.... left my college and left my family. He spent big money to get me here, for young AM like him it wasn't easy, I understand, but it was worth it. And now he thinks that all what he spent doesn't mean anything, he got what he wanted the same as me, I got what I really wanted too. Without lie, things can work easy for both partnes. And we are happy!!!
And about you...it seems like you really wanted be honest with her, trusted to her, even liked her, you picked her up from other five ( I think you are not brave enough to come for one and only like my Jeff did Smiley)) ) And, this is what you have got.
You should look for serious, grown up woman who needs a man to love her and protect her, not some young gal who goes to school:))) Just think about it:))If you don't match with the age, you have to look with warning.
I went to school, but I got a guy who is young, but it doesn't matter, if she had different goals...there is nothing you can do about it, it is already past.
So, my last words: don't be naive about things like this, think about it first before you send something or go somewhere, ask more about personality, dreams, goals, I mean ask more and more.
Good luck!!
Oksana
Ramblin
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Safe to say my girl was a scammer, posted by Jeff on Feb 7, 2002

O.K. Oksana,
you refused the 60 year old millionare in Hawaii, but just suppose Jeff had been older.  How much older would you accept if your Jeff had not been around your age?  You say that 19 years difference is ridiculous but what would you say is the limit of being reasonable?
Oksana
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to how far would you go?, posted by Ramblin on Feb 8, 2002

First, that guy said that he knows that i need only money and said he has a lot of them, it made me mad, because he thought so, he was sure that he could buy me, becaue he saw my ballet pucture on the Internet.
Second, I didn't like him, I refused, because he wasn't for me. And they all wanted to wait for a year to write me and all were much older. I really liked one guy, he was older me for 14 years from CA, and I really wanted him to come and was serious about him, but he never called me even, and told me that he wants to wait couple more years.....it broke my heart about him completely...I wanted to see him, picture wasn't enough for me. I just stoped this humilating of myself and disappointed in this idea to find a husband... well two moths later Jeff wrote me...he was very interested, and even young, and called me,sent even money to buy a little present for me... God, it was nice at him so much, that I made my mind up to marry him!! It was just clean love, which I wanted. He paid a lot of attention to me, I couldn't refuse guy like this and i liked him a lot!!!
My Jeff couldn't wait to come and see me. I also liked this thing about him, and he said that I am only, and actually he didn't lie, because I was always with him and went to see him off to the airport. That was cute, because we cried there when he had to leave...
It was just right and natural!!
Natalya
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: how far would you go?, posted by Oksana on Feb 8, 2002

Your story, Oksana, is so much like mine! After about a year of receiving letters from AM I was so frustrated and almost gave up.Thats when I received letter form Jeff.I knew he is the one for me. He wrote nice letter bout him and his family and how close they are and how much his family means to him.I was so impressed and touched since majority of AM who wrote to me tried to impress me with pictures and decription how welthy they are and how much they has to offer(material things). But money is not what I was looking for.Anyway after 6 month of correspondence with Jeff he came to Belarus (country I'm from). We were so sure in our feelings to each other that we decided to marry in my country.He surprised me with ring he brought with him. He said that even though he never see me in person, by letters, by conversation on the phone, by sound of my voice he knew I'm the woman he was looking for.So we got married. Then he flew back, prepared all immigration papers for me and my daughter which took 6 months and came to Belarus again. Together we went for interview in Warsaw and all of us then come to USA.
Oksana
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Oh my gosh!!!, posted by Natalya on Feb 8, 2002

Dear Natalia!! This is very cool story!!:) Only we didn't have time to get married in my country, we just got engaged:))) And waited for wedding in USA, actually he didn't know if he will ever see me again because, he was so afraid of losing me + he wasn't sure how to do all this paper work, but thanks God, we were lucky, fortune always smiles honest and nice people who is in love!!:))
Natalya
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Safe to say my girl was a scammer, posted by Jeff on Feb 7, 2002

My husband name is Jeff also Smiley We have been happily married for 6 years already.How long have you been married?
Jeff
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hi Oksana!, posted by Natalya on Feb 7, 2002

Hi Natalya!!! I am married to My Jeff for a year!! We are having 2 moths baby!!!!
Natalya
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Hi Oksana!, posted by Jeff on Feb 7, 2002

We have 2 children. Aleksandra is 10 and Ean 5. We live in NC.Where do you live?
Oksana
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cool!, posted by Natalya on Feb 8, 2002

I live in Lamar PA! Pretty close!:)))))
tim360z
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

read your view and your thoughts,  please stay. Tim
Jeff
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Thank You Oksana.  It is great to, posted by tim360z on Feb 7, 2002

OK I will!!!! I get bored at home without any communication! I would talk to my baby, but he is actually only 2 moths old:))))) He is too young to disciss things  of life like marriage yet!!!!:))) I can call him AM thogh!:)))
Oksana
MarkInTx
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Thank You Oksana.  It is great to, posted by Jeff on Feb 7, 2002

Your son is an AM? Oh no! Is he chasing 1 month olds?

I mean... that would be a "babe" half his age, right?

;-)

Jeff
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Safe to say my girl was a scammer, posted by Bobby Orr on Feb 6, 2002

Yeah... You know Bobby, I actually feel bad for you, and can't blame you either. This story made me blush about this Ukrainain gal....And it is also hard for you to spend so much money, I also know it wouldn't be matter to you if she would be here with you, you could hanle everything and make things work for you. But, well, no luck.
Life in Ukraine such pain in .... that some people are confused, they just want to live normal, yes, it happens. Thanks God it didn't happen to me, because people there are different anyway, some of them have money some of them have none. I see, that girl's father is a pilot, they don't make big money, she makes 25 $ a months, goes to school... well, she was fine, and probably acted like she loves you because she probably needed more money, and maybe tried to find better way to get here with different kind of visa, do you see, she just wanted to get here, she didn't care about you. It is clear!
OK You say, she is young...brrr, just younger than you ( 19 years difference)Wow, you already then had to think about what could possibly happen.
For example, I am from Ukraine too, I started to search for any foreign man, just wanted him to be nice, I can't remember how many hundrens of them wrote me even from Hawai, one guy a millioner only he was 60 y.o.... do you think i would go there only because of this place and his money? Nope! No sense! I refused them all, why to lie?
Well I met my Jeff, my love, my life.... left my college and left my family. He spent big money to get me here, for young AM like him it wasn't easy, I understand, but it was worth it. And now he thinks that all what he spent doesn't mean anything, he got what he wanted the same as me, I got what I really wanted too. Without lie, things can work easy for both partnes. And we are happy!!!
And about you...it seems like you really wanted be honest with her, trusted to her, even liked her, you picked her up from other five ( I think you are not brave enough to come for one and only like my Jeff did Smiley)) ) And, this is what you have got.
You should look for serious, grown up woman who needs a man to love her and protect her, not young gal who goes to school:))) Just think about it:))If you don't match with the age, you have to look with warning.
I went to school, but I got a guy who is young, but it doesn't matter, if she had different goals...there is nothing you can do about it, it is already past.
So Last words, don't be naive about things like this, think about it first before you send something or go somewhere.
Good luck!!
Oksana
BarryM
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

for bringing up the most intriguing discussion we've had in weeks... and all troll free. What an accomplishment. This is how the board should go.

-blm

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: