Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
May 16, 2024, 02:02:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Hobbit" in russian?  (Read 4474 times)
bradley
« on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

iam told that these popular books by j.r.r. tolkien are translated
to many languages including russian. does anyone have an idea where on the internet one might look to buy a copy in russian? around here these
books are now big sellers again. would that be true also
in FSU bookstores?
BubbaGump
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to "Hobbit" in russian?, posted by bradley on Dec 31, 2002

This site was recommended as having books available in Russian.  You might try searching using Russian as the key word.  I have not used this site.  I did do a search for "The Hobbit" but it was not in stock for the Russian version.

http://www.powells.com/

foraker
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

This does exist in Russian. My wife has it. You can get Russian books at pretty reasonable prices here in the US.
If you live in San Francisco or nearby try going to Znanie on Geary St. You can also contact them at znanie.com. There's also a number of other russian booksellers on the internet.
WilliamMGi
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2002, 05:00:00 AM »

Tolkien seems to be well-known in russia.  His books, not just Hobbit and Rings, are available in bookstores there.  There also are a number of russian web sites devoted to his works.

To find the Hobbit or Rings in russian, I suggest

1) Try the auction sites.
A quick search on e-Bay turned up a hard-back version of the Rings trilogy in russian translation TODAY.  Odd-looking art work.

2) There are also many sites that offer russian-language books, but you will have to do some leg-work to find a specific item.

3) If you live in a major metropolitan area, there is probably a bookstore that knows where to get just about any russian translation that's available (I'm presently picking my way through some of Robert Asprin's stuff that I picked up at a store in NYC.  Asimov's "I, Robot" is next on the pile.)

4)  You just want it on the cheap, try;
www.lib.ru  under "ÔÀÍÒÀÑÒÈÊÀ".  They used to have both Hobbit and Rings in text files that you could download.  They also have a search engine that will return related links (in russian).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: