Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 11:35:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Agency vs. No Agency  (Read 20879 times)
coaster881
« on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Gee, I'm one of the new guys in this lil' cliche but I couldn't let this one slide.

Ryan thinks Agency's are a rip-off huh?

Let's see... I just stumbled on to this whole thing a few weeks ago. Pure accident, wasn't even thinking of a foreign wife at the time. I had a few questions, tried posting and got slammed by many. On the side, however, I started getting these helpful messages in my e-mail.

Now, my flight is booked and I'm heading to Ukraine on Dec. 30th. I have transportation for the week, a translator at my service whenever I need her, a nice place to stay with 3 meals/day, etc. My entire trip is taken care of for less than $1,800 including airfare.

I've probably asked evry dumb-ass question there is and I've always received an answer within minutes. Probably 15+ e-mails a day for the last two weeks. I know I've been the bigest pain in the butt yet I've always been treated great.

I'm free to send unlimited, translated, messages back and forth to the girl I'm interested in, I've had phone calls lined up for no charge (except long distance), etc.. etc...

Maybee I'm really stupid but it seems like a hell-of-a deal to me. All I have to do is make the flight. Heck, even if the girls I meet spit at me I'm still getting a heck of a vacation for the money.

I'm new to all this and I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing. I also think that sitting behind a computer and talking about it all does very little. For me, the only way to learn is to go over there and listen to people who know what the heck is going on. If they happen to make a living by doing this, then great. I'm more than happy to pay for their service. It's well deserved.

Funny part is... many of the people who keep helping me and giving me all the good advise have asked for nothing. Jack ownes a service which I did not use. Yet, he has been in touch with me throughout the entire process telling me what I should and shouldn't do. He's been giving me priceless advise from the begining but has yet to ask for, or accept, any fees. Even when offered.

The guy I AM dealing with has patiently walked me through every step and answered every single question. I'm a very "anal" person, to say the least, and can be a real pain to work with. I know exactly what I want and he has done everything to make sure it happens. If I were in his shoes, I would have sent me away long ago. I can't possibly be worth the little bit of money he's making. Thanks Drew.

As far as these guys being called pimps... that's a joke. I won't go on about the details but you will never convince me that these guys - at least these two - don't care about their girls.

Sorry for the long post but I for one am grateful for the people I've come to know. In my eyes, they're all underpaid.

For all the other guys who've sent me messages, Thanks. I know it's not cool to associate with newbies so I won't mention your names.

KenC
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Agency vs. No Agency, posted by coaster881 on Dec 20, 2001

Coaster,
The real dumb asses are the guys that cannot get enough information to actually take the trip over!  They search every website, study every forum, try to save every penny and in general are afraid to make any mistake BEFORE they take the trip.  What they fail to understand is that going to the FSU is the very best single action they could take to understand.

This is like the Brendan Frazier movie where he has lived his entire life in a bomb shelter.  His Father has tried to explain baseball to him for 20 years and yet he cannot still grasp the concept.  Brendan has learned every rule and strategy regarding the game, but he still doesn't "get it."  It isn't until he leaves the shelter and watches a game in person that he truly understands.  It really is that simple.

Best of luck to you.
KenC
ps (when you return you will be equal to or more experienced than many vets here)

yoe
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I have been on this board for a couple of years now-and yes I know I need to get a life-but, I went to EE before I knew anything about anything. Yes I did use and agency-thank God. She may have charged me too much, but.........and I do mean but, there was no better feeling that to fly into a place that felt like a wwII movie, where everything might as well be in Chinese, and there is someone waiting for you. When I got off the plane, the bag boys and taxi drivers were on me like rats.......So was it worth a few hundered extra dollars to be in a country where I knew no body and did not speak the language, to have a guide........YES. I stayed in an awesome apartment and they took care of all my police/visa info stuff and they checked up on me to make sure everything was cool. So I was glad I used an agency. Be glad you found the board and a local agency like Firstdream. So good luck man-------it is an adventure that will change your life.
Joe
Oatmeal
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

No one should be looked down on for being a newbie and having a lot of questions.  Lots of guys here hate having to repeat the same info over and over (thus some of the nasty replies) but keep on searching for info and asking questions even if they may seem dumb.  It is better to get an answer (even a sarcastic one if it contains any good info) rather than sit there and keep wondering.

Good luck,  Jim

Stan B
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

I remember a gentleman named Drew who has an agency in Chernivtsi that has posted here a few times, Is that where you are going?
thesearch
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Have a great trip. Please consider giving a trip report when you come back. It is the type of thing that Newbies like to read.
MarkInTx
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Coaster, posted by thesearch on Dec 20, 2001

Yeah... a trip report is something we ALL like to read.

And, after you post a trip report, no one will ever call you a newbie again!

-M-

PS: I think you will find that no one here feels uncool about helping a newbie... it's feeding trolls most worry about. And, it sounds like you got a lot of good advice from the guys here -- newbie or not -- which is what makes this board such a good place!

micha1
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

You are lucky, Jack is on your side.   He can only go so far.  He will not be holding your hand over there.
Wishing you a good voyage.
tim360z
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

....and have a great trip.  You are right Jack is a great guy and its really good you hooked up with him a little....he's got alot of experience.  He is also willing to share it...at no charge.  And the right agency can make things much easier.  The good ones know the drill...'cuz they have done this 500 times before.  I am a do-it-yourselfer at some things...but in other things I would rather hire the services of someone more experienced.  "  'Tis a good man...who knows his limitations."
Paul S
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

n/t
Ryan
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Have a great time it is a fun country to visit.  Dress warm.
Ryan
Jeff S
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

.. for associating with a newbie - You seem to have a great attitude. Have a great trip and best of luck in your search.
-- Jeff S.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: