Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 01:30:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixing up the Love-nest.  (Read 21159 times)
Oatmeal
« on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Just finished sanding some drywall, so I thought I would take a break to make an observation.

It seems to me that a lot of guys who are waiting for ladies, take on a lot of projects to make certain improvements/adjustments to their homes.  

It seems funny how awaiting your lady will get you into making those long needed changes in a hurry.  Probably wouldn't have started projects like these for a long time if she wasn't going to be here soon.  

So far I have torn out a wall in my kitchen re-plumbed and re-wired an addition onto my house to make it into a laundry room.  Installed a new water heater. Weather proofed my house for the winter. Installed a brand new front door and back door and kitchen window.  I have also bought all new cabinets and counter tops that I will install soon.  I have already stained and urethaned them a couple of coats and I only have one more coat to go and then I will install them. Then I will refloor my kitchen and that should just about be all.

It all looks great at this point and I have done all this in just under a two week period.  I should be done long before she gets here.  I am expecting her by the end of Jan. or beginning of Feb.

After Christmas I will go out and buy all my christmas lights and decorations for her arrival.  I told her that I would leave up my Christmas lights and decoration until she got here so that we could celebrate Christmas together even though it will be a little late.  Besides, I might be able to save a couple of bucks by buying my Christmas decorations just after Christmas and save a little money, since I have been spending more on my house right now.

Later,  Jim

Richard
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Fixing up the Love-nest., posted by Oatmeal on Dec 22, 2001

I've been planning on leaving that sort of stuff until after my lady gets here.  One of the big differences is that I don't do that sort of stuff myself.

I believe that involver my lady in the redecoration of the house will make her feel more like it is her home too.  My house needs to be repainted and this will allow her to make a big impact on the house.

wsbill
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fixing up the Love-nest., posted by Richard on Dec 22, 2001

I agree, leave something for the two of you to do.  If she has never tackled a renovation job, she might find it fun and challenging.

This will give her a chance to pound a couple nails into some wood and to do a little dry wall and you can check out her mastery skills of painting.

I don't have a porch but when she gets here, we will design a garden area/porch.  So she can always be proud of seeing her plants grow everytime we drive up to the house.  I hope she likes landscaping... She had many house plants in her room.

Check out my 200 hydroponic tomato plants...I'm going to have tomato's up the wazoo in Febuary!!  I'll be planting Lettuce next!! Cucumber and then Strawberry's...

wsbill
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Fixing up the Love-nest., posted by wsbill on Dec 23, 2001

http://www.eewife.com

Guys, you should learn about growing hydroponicly your vegtables... You could be eating fresh produce straight from your garden (3 plants in a contain on your window sill is all that it takes) and they grow faster than you think.

I planted these plants around Nov 15th. This isn't a true hydroponic setup other wise they'd be twice as big...

The harvest time frame is 70 days...  You can see I have alot...gotta get the heat in the greenhouse (my big delay at the moment) and will transplant these into larger perlite buckets and give them alot of space to grow and produce.

micha1
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Just realise that you are from Lexington, KY.  What a place, it is a good place.  As for myself, I am there, something
like 6-7 times a years.  The Red Mile, the horses sales and business with some farms aound the town.
Usually at the Marriot or the Wyatt.  Perhaps we could meet, a meal, a drink and exchange about our experiences,
here, there and everywhere.
Meanwhile, good luck in the remodeling of the house, it is something to keep you busy, having a three stories
duplex in the cold weather of Montréal, it is easy to relate to what you are doing.
To all the people in you'all land,  Happy Holidays.

Oatmeal
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Fixing up the Love-nest., posted by micha1 on Dec 22, 2001

You may even like to meet my future wife.  :-)
Rags
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Yeah it's great for us procrastinators to have another week to shop. Not to mention things being on sale.

Don't kid yourself though, you will not be done with everything by the time she gets here. There is always something else that pops up. As soon as you complete one project it makes something else look bad or you find something else that needs to be repaired.

This is not to say that you will have the (Tool) time to do anything like that once she arrives Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: