Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 25, 2024, 08:40:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time... And This Pursuit  (Read 40022 times)
James B
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's time for my famous, 'Hmm...', posted by DR on Dec 22, 2001

I agree with DR in his post.  It's very important for those experiencing healthy marriages or relationships not to give to much credence to the many negative responses located here.  Married people must do everything possible to protect their happiness and not allow negative seeds to be planted that are not necessary.  That is not to say the the warnings and sober advice here is not valuable, but once the relationship is solid and working well, then you must do what is necessary to maintain it.  I have been writing and visited my Fiancee for 18 months now and we have our papers in to be married.  During our months together, my fiancee was questioned many times by her friends and colleagues about whether our she was wasting her time and questioned whether I really had intentions to marry her, since I didn't propose until after we had known each other for fifteen months.  I took more time than most to ensure the relationship was right for both of us and visited her three times at two weeks each viist.  Still these people continually looked at her like she was a mislead puppy and wasting her time.  She was encouraged by an agency owner to continue to look for other men and he said it was okay to have several men going at the same time. We both knew that we needed only each other and rejected these pessimistic advisors, who may have been well intentioned, but their views were skewed by what they occasionally happen in other relationships around them. It's important only to measure your own relationship and if it's strong, then protect it with everything you have, even if it means staying away from negative people.  In a country full of scams and broken promises, and a forum such as this where people have been misled or been heartbroken, there will be statements that are biased and often are more harmful than good.  Surround yourself with support, optimism and encouragement in your obviously good marriage and you will strengthen it greatly.  Jim
DR
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: It's time for my famous, 'Hmm...', posted by James B on Dec 22, 2001

n/t
LP
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to It's time for my famous, 'Hmm...', posted by DR on Dec 22, 2001

...a 90 grand in five weeks on a stock I knew would go up (INVS) thanx to our fine gummint. (lol..Thanx George.)

Not bad for these days, huh? lol..That won't even come close to recouping my other losses this year.

yoe
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

n.t
DR
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I have not always agreed with you but th..., posted by yoe on Dec 22, 2001

Seriously, I'm glad someone read it!  If 'follow-ups' are the ultimate litmus test of a post's influence, I'm not making much of an impact here at PL.com.  Wink  Although, considering the psychological demographics of PL.com, maybe that's to be expected?  LOL!

Cheers...
DR

micha1
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Time... And This Pursuit, posted by mdante99 on Dec 22, 2001

Yes sir, I vote for you.  You are so right, we are all on our own.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: