Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 11:42:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does IMBRA apply to U.S. women?  (Read 17945 times)
ROGUEAGENT
« on: January 07, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

I have what I think is an obvious question, although perhaps it was answered elsewhere. Does IMBRA apply to U.S. women trying to bring in prospective foreign male spouses on a K1 visa? Note: a good percentage of visa applications (30 or 40% of them) are processed for U.S. women trying to bring in prospective foreign male spouses, (although presumably a lower percentage of the U.S. women and foreign men used so called international marriage brokers.)
Ray
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Does IMBRA apply to U.S. women?, posted by ROGUEAGENT on Jan 7, 2006

I saw no mention of gender in the new law, but of course they have to write it that way, don't they? The feminists wouldn't want anyone calling them sexist bitches, would they? But in practice, we all know who the targets of the law are.

I am curious how this law will work when Hillary gets elected and pushes through gay/lesbian marriages and equal rights in visa issuance. When a lesbian petitions another lesbian, which is the fiancé and which is the fiancée? Will the one wearing the pants be the trafficker and the other the trafickee? What if both lesbos wear pants? Will the American petitioner be the assumed abuser or will it be the one with the shortest haircut and the most underarm hair?

The same type of questions can be applied to gay petitioners/applicants.

What the hell is this world coming to? :-)

Ray

Avispa
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Does IMBRA apply to U.S. women?, posted by ROGUEAGENT on Jan 7, 2006

Apparently not.
Beattledog
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Does IMBRA apply to U.S. women?, posted by Avispa on Jan 7, 2006

It should

Beattledog

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: