Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 03:47:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A way to bypass IMBRA?  (Read 3025 times)
Ray
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice… :-)

This is not a solution to IMBRA, but possibly a way around it until the courts (hopefully) throw it out.

Thinking back to when I petitioned my wife, I found that if IMBRA had been in effect then, it would have had zero affect on us. Why? Because I didn’t use an agency and I didn’t file for a K-visa. We married overseas and filed for a CR-1 visa.

I’m not telling you to do it that way, but it appears that it would exempt you from the law as it is written. You just may be able to go through the whole process without disclosing any additional personal information. But of course I could always be wrong, so you should study the law and maybe consult with a good immigration (AILA) attorney. I think Gary B. does phone consults for a very reasonable fee… :-)

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: