Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 01:10:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie going to colombia for 1st time  (Read 6895 times)
jojake
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

thanks for all of the info posted on the board. it has been a useful resource. a few things i am curious about though. i imagine that someone at customs might ask for my "purpose of travel". has anyone ever said "well, i am going on a romance tour! thanks for asking!". if not, how have you phrased the purpose of your travel. i imagine that if one is a little hesitant about one's purpose regarding traveling to colombia, one could find themselves in a little room waiting for a cavity search. another thing, if you need prescription medication in colombia (say levaquin for traveler's diarrhea), do you need to see a physician or can the pharmacist dispense it directly to you. thanks
Ken2
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to newbie going to colombia for 1st time, posted by jojake on Jan 12, 2006

What city will you be seeing?  Im in B/Quilla the 16-23 if you need some advice on places to see / things to do, call me at hotel/suite dorado (360-2251).
jojake
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: newbie going to colombia for 1st tim..., posted by Ken2 on Jan 13, 2006

jojake
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to newbie going to colombia for 1st time, posted by jojake on Jan 12, 2006

Fuzzyone
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

I have always told them I am visiting my girlfriend. You never know when you
are going to run into one of those femaNazis who will want to make life hell for
you.

You do not need a doctor to get most of the stuff, some times counting where
you are at you can get a Pharmcy to deliever it right to you.

Pete E
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Don't worry about the immigration question,just tell them vacation.Most all drugs with a few exceptions can be bought right at the drugeria with no perscription.Generic Cipro,an antibiotic, $3 for 10 pills.Brand name Cipro,I think it was $5 a pill.I have heard of the druggist even taking you in the back and giving you an injection.

Pete

soltero
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

That's all I have ever been asked...I usually just say vacation and that's that....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: