Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 12:26:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Victim of "El Paseo Millonario".  (Read 40064 times)
CaliBound
« on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

It seems that these operators are back in full force in Colombia. El Paseo Millonario is when they grab you, force you to reveal your debit card pin # and hold you until they are able to extract most or all of your money from your account.

This time, they held a government worker. He was riding in a cab when the driver said that he had to stop because of a flat tire. As soon as they stopped, two guys jumped out of another cab and held him until they were able to withdraw $700,000 pesos (about US $310.00) from his bank account.

This is what happened to Pete's friend a few days ago. I have been guilty of grabbing cabs in the street, but from now on I am going to let the hotel or restaurant worker call the cab for me. You should do the same.

- Frank -

Pete E
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Victim of "El Paseo Millona..., posted by CaliBound on Jan 12, 2006

Another guy in the paper Friday.
There are some things Charles might help them with.They picked up a girl,she was cuddling up to Charles,guess to make it look real after they tossed his girl out.She might be a Sexta regular he could identify.Also they passed a group of guys on the street,the robbers honked and pointed to him,we got one,the other guys cheered them on.Some people know who these guys are.

Pete

Gator
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Victim of "El Paseo Millona..., posted by CaliBound on Jan 12, 2006

call the taxi company company and give them a "code"word to give to the driver who is dispatched.  If he doesn't have the code word don't get in.  In all the places I have lived in Colombia, Cali, Cartagena, Medellin, Bogotá, I usually find three or four drivers I or Mrs. Gator (no, her first name is not "Alli") like and trust.  We get their cell number or make prior arrangements for a pick up at a certain time.

Never use anything but a cab with the telephone number like 333.3333, 222.2222, 444.4444 on the sides.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: