Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 29, 2024, 06:06:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ray, Soltero enough already!!!  (Read 23306 times)
bjsisko
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

C'mon guys, both of you can not have the last word, this silly debate over Nazi's who is and who isn't is taking over the whole damn forum.  You guys debate well, concentrate your efforts on the REAL Femanzi Genmar over at Livejournal.  Right now you guys are giving her something to laugh at.

Hoda, where are you buddy?

Hoda
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ray, Soltero enough already!!!, posted by bjsisko on Jan 15, 2006

A guy can't stay away for a couple of days without something jumping off! I took a look.....NO WAY was I gonna try to sift through all those post(s). Your post told me all I needed to know, so I deleted the whole thing. Now folks can go up & down without the need for an additional screen to go waaaaaay to the right :-)
pablo
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to You Rang?, posted by Hoda on Jan 15, 2006

Hoda,

With all due respect, I would like to go on record and voice my strong objection to your censoring and deletions of posts.  There were a few posts in that thread and others that you have deleted the past couple months that should have been allowed to stand.  As we have shared some personal correspondence in the past you know how I already feel about this but I would like this to be a topic of discussion on the board.  IMO censoring should be used very sparingly.  I would appreciate hearing comments from the other board members concerning this.

Regards,

Pablo

CelticUrge
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Censoring and deletion of posts, posted by pablo on Jan 16, 2006

I completely agree. There is absolutely NO positive benefit for deleting a thread that the moderator does not like. His reasoning is "NO WAY was I gonna try to sift through all those post(s)." That is a clear indication that HODA does not even know what he is deleting. Where is the logic in that? All posts ARE on topic. Why are all posts on topic? Simply because we are all here for one common denominator. The pursuit of latin women. Therefore, absolutely anything we discuss, or read from someone else's discussions, is on topic. That includes any disagreements. I've heard him use that excuse several times in the past. It does not resonate any better than the present excuse. It is indeed censorship on a basic level. There is absolutely no excuse for it at all. HODA, I like lurking and sometimes posting here, but I have absolutely no respect for the fact that you constantly find some lame excuse to delete entire threads with no clear and concise reasoning to do so. The thread you deleted did indeed contain a lot of tit for tat between mostly Soltero and Ray. However, there were also useful and insightful posts contained in the thread that were a benefit to anyone willing to read them. Why did you delete those posts? It's obvious that you made no attempt to read them. I'm fairly certain that you will come up with some reason that seems logical to you, however, there is a significant difference in what I consider to be logical.

"C'mon now, only trolls have been "censored" (aka Kissed the Baby")" SO WHAT? What is your point? This IS useful to the people who read this forum. What are you attempting to protect us from? Is a troll harmful to my day to day existence? I don't think so. Is there some inherent danger for me to read a flame war or troll babble? I don't think so. Are you attempting to indicate that the people here are not sufficiently intelligent to make their own decisions and form their own ideas and opinions? That would certainly be a misguided approach.

Again, I agree completely with the post from pablo. I strongly object to your censoring and deletions of posts.

Thank you for this opportunity to state my opinion and voice my objection.

Pete E
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I Agree - Censorship and Deletion of Pos..., posted by CelticUrge on Jan 16, 2006

I fully understand Hoda not wanting to try to sift through that series of posts to decide what to delite.That is asking too much and when you delete some posts but not others you lose continuity.
However,that series of posts was not bad enough to deserve deleting in my opinion.Mostly it was hugely redundant and also got a little negative in spirit.It seems the main guys made their points in the first 2 or 3 posts so why it had to go down the page alot more I don't know.
So that one I would have let stand,not that there was anything important in it,it just didn't rise to the level of posts to be deleted for bad behavior like some have in the past.
AND,thanks Hoda for moderating.I sure as hell wouldn't have tried to clean it up either.

Pete

Hoda
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I Agree - Censorship and Deletion of Pos..., posted by CelticUrge on Jan 16, 2006

If you see "logic" in allowing trolls to post that's your business. Most folks prefer NOT to witness extended "troll babble and/or flame wars" here, which you find of interest.

"Therefore, absolutely anything we discuss, or read from someone else's discussions, is on topic."

That's BS!!!! And to say that "I'm constantly deleting threads" also can be filed under this category. I don't expect 100% agreement with any decision I make here & I don't agree with 100% of what is posted here....but I flow with it. Lurk, post, do what you want....

that's your right & thanks for allowing me to state my opinion!

Patrick
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to We'll just have to agree to disagree..., posted by Hoda on Jan 16, 2006

LOL!  I think everybody should spend some time as moderator to understand what a thankless task it is (thanks by the way).
Jamie
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The cats are restless lately, posted by Patrick on Jan 16, 2006

Wouldn’t it be better to lock the thread instead of deleting it? I also find this type of broad censorship distastefully. Why erase history of how people behave. A moderator is suppose step in if the exchange goes off course or becomes venomous not pound a blanket delete after the fact. If one is not able to properly moderate due to time constraints shouldn’t someone with the time take the position. Maybe such a position should be rotated over a designated time period using selected individuals with a history of fairness, logic and objectivity as well as time. I could see where one person could not do this full time, but maybe one can volunteer for a month every six months? Without the intention of leaving out qualified individuals Pablo, Soltero, Teoblas, Zack, Cali James all come to mind as very qualified to administer such a role.

Engage the Exotic - Colombian Women
http://International-Introductions.com

soltero
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Ok let's run with that idea, posted by Jamie on Jan 16, 2006

...mainly because I want to thank Jamie for tossing my name in the ring. I truly appreciate it even though I wouldn't want Hoda's job for love nor money. Although I agree that there were some posts in that thread that were interesting and had merit (and should have remained), I was honestly grateful to awaken to see that my tirade with Ray was no longer there. I consider it embarrassing that Ray and I seem to go over the deep end on occasion and I wouldn't want to see those outbursts again.

Hoda may be quick on the trigger, and there have been some threads that I didn't get to see that I would have liked to for their infotainment value, but Hoda does keep the peace.

Beattledog
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I want to place this here..., posted by soltero on Jan 16, 2006

Yes, he does

Beattledog

pablo
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I want to place this here..., posted by soltero on Jan 16, 2006

World's Thinnest Books

FRENCH WAR HEROES
by Jacques Chirac

HOW I SERVED MY COUNTRY
by Jane Fonda

MY BEAUTY SECRETS
by Janet Reno

HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN AIRPLANE
by John Denver

MY SUPER BOWL HIGHLIGHTS
by Dan Marino

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BILL
by  Hillary Clinton

MY LITTLE BOOK OF PERSONAL HYGIENE
by Osama Bin Laden

THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD
by Bill Gates

THINGS I WOULD NOT DO FOR MONEY
by Dennis Rodman

MY WILD YEARS
by Al Gore

AMELIA EARHART'S GUIDE TO THE PACIFIC

AMERICA'S MOST POPULAR LAWYERS

DETROIT: a Travel Guide

A COLLECTION of MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES
by Dr. J. Kevorkian

ALL THE MEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE
by Ellen de Generes

GUIDE TO DATING ETIQUETTE
by Mike Tyson

SPOTTED OWL RECIPES
by the EPA

THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY

MY BOOK OF MORALS
by Bill Clinton
with introduction
by The Rev. Jesse Jackson

MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLERS
by  O. J. Simpson  

BRIDGE TRAVEL
by Ted Kennedy

SOLTERO'S GUIDE TO SWEET LUCIOUS LATINAS

...And The World's Number One Thinnest Book:  

WHY I LOVE LONG CONTROVERSIAL HELIX THREADS
by Hoda

Beattledog
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to We'll just have to agree to disagree..., posted by Hoda on Jan 16, 2006

That is the American way

Beattledog

CelticUrge
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Obviously, we disagree. I stated my opinion and I'll let it stand.

I'm pleased to learn that I am not the only one here that does not sleep much.

I'd like to go back to bed and sleep but now its almost time to wake anyway. I hate that.

Hoda
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Censoring and deletion of posts, posted by pablo on Jan 16, 2006

[This message has been edited by Hoda]

If ANY info that was of value was deleted, let that user(s) re-post it. Trying to sift through every post was best described to me as "the equivalent of trying to herd cats". BTW....deletion has been used "sparingly". Censorship?!! C'mon now, only trolls have been "censored" (aka Kissed the Baby")

thanks for your input,

Hoda

bjsisko
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Noted & with all due respect..., posted by Hoda on Jan 16, 2006

[This message has been edited by bjsisko]

lol.

That has a familiar ring to it.

THANKS!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: