Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 08:55:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I do now?  (Read 5279 times)
dolphin
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi everyone:

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I submitted the K-1 visa application in August.  It was approved quickly and went to the embassy in the Dominican Republic on September the 9th.  Well, we're still waiting for the interview appointment.  I don't understand why it is taking so long?  I called the Embassy in Santo Domingo and the person on the other line says, "yes, we have your case, however, your fiance has to wait for her letter."  Oh, the call is about $7.00 with a credit card.  I also looked up our case on the computer and found that we are on a waiting list.  Actually, there was a list of sheduled appointments through February and we were not on it.  Well, any comments would be deeply appreciated.  Thanks,

Dolphin

Fuzzyone
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to What do I do now?  , posted by dolphin on Jan 15, 2006

I have a suggestion... I think you should try to visit her more I went to see my
wife 3 more times waiting for the idiots in the homaland security to finally
approve her.
bjsisko
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

dolphin Congratulations on your K-1 application, I am very happy for you.

Now for the bad news ...

The US Embassy in the Dominican Republic is notorious for LONG, LONG interview waits!  They are ridiculously understaffed and it is getting worse!  The average wait for an interview is ranging from 6 - 10 MONTHS!!!! I had to wait 8 months for my interview for my wife, and that was after my Congressman intervened in my behalf.

If you submitted your application in September, set your fiance's expectations properly and gently prepare her for this long wait.  I did not prepare mine for it (found out the hard way) and nearly lost her forever because of it.

In the yahoo groups section there is a group called K-1 Visa DR.  I suggest you join this group (it is FREE) and they were VERY helpful in preparing my wife and I for the interview.  There is a lot of fraud in the DR, and the Embassy will assume your relationship is a fraud until you prove to them otherwise.

Congratulations again and GOOD LUCK

sisko

Beattledog
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Just be patient

beattledog

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: