Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 20, 2024, 12:51:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sisko, Question  (Read 5823 times)
dolphin
« on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi Sisko:

thanks for your feedback.  Tell me, how did you go about contacting and requesting assistance from your congressman?  I appreciate your help.  

Dolphin

bjsisko
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Sisko, Question, posted by dolphin on Jan 15, 2006

Hello Dolphin,

My situation was a bit unique.  My then fiance had a relatively high position in the Dominican Government and there were quite a few persons there that I am sure were very sad to see her go.  When they realized she was engaged and she was leaving they started making offers that was very diffficult for her to refuse.  When she turned them down we began to see several roadblocks in the process.

Hmmmmmmm....

When after about 6 months her name did not appear on the Interview OR the Interview waiting list, I had reason to suspect foul play.

So did my Congressman.  I contacted him through the number on his website and spoke to several people in his office and pleaded my case.  This worked very well for me.  I was lucky.  After my Congressman sent a tersley worded letter to the Consular General there her interview request was granted the following day!  2 months later my fiance was here with me in the states.  My situation was different and I was QUITE lucky.  You can contact your Congressman, but they will pretty much tell you the same thing I did, that the DR Embassy is notoriously slow and you just have to wait.  I doubt if my (now) wife would have ever arrived without my Congressman's help.  A word of advice, do not waste any more money calling that helpless hotline.  You will find out that those agents are really in Mexico, and they know as little about the process as you do. This is something else I found out the hard way.

Did you get the SDOxxxxxx Number yet for your fiance?
If you did, you can check to see if she is on the waiting list at http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/Consular/waiting_list.htm

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Sisko

dolphin
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Sisko, Question, posted by bjsisko on Jan 15, 2006

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: