Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 24, 2024, 08:26:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Holidays Everyone!  (Read 50783 times)
Calipro
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Unions...an Epithet for Exorbitance, posted by Spanky on Dec 26, 2005

The U.S. Postal Service is the cheapest of all industrialized nations and gives the best universal service, bar none.

It would cost you well over a dollar to send a letter in Japan. Thier service is quite good I hear but look how small the geographic area is that they serve.

Nobody beats the U.S. Postal Service for value.

Heat
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Unions...an Epithet for Exorbitance, posted by Calipro on Dec 27, 2005

The are subsidized by taxpayers.   If they were not they would not survive.
Calipro
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Unions...an Epithet for Exorbita..., posted by Heat on Dec 27, 2005

[This message has been edited by Calipro]

The U.S. Postal Service is not subsidized by taxpayers.

In fact congress has been eyeing up the money set aside for a our pensions for some time. Seems they need a little more cash to fund our war on terror.

Read the fourth paragraph: http://www.prc.gov/tsp/30/scale.HTM

Calipro
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Unions...an Epithet for Exor..., posted by Calipro on Dec 28, 2005

http://www.prc.gov/tsp/30/scale.HTM
stefang
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Unions...an Epithet for Exorbitance, posted by Spanky on Dec 26, 2005

"Unions are an abusive, exploitive, siphoning, economic enigma. They need be, and will be dismantled."

I disagree. This is more like itUnions and management are an abusive, exploitive, siphoning, economic enigma. They need be, and will be dismantled.

When office workers that have problems adding 2+2 together make more than engineers and scientists you know this country is dying. The CEO of a biotech and his other top management will make millions of dollars in earnings and perks but are completly worthless to the outcome of a product. The drug itself that is made by the biologists, scientists, and engineers has the real value and asset to the company. In America they are throwing away their assets or trying to underprice the very people who have designed most of the products over the last decades. Now students all want to go into business and law instead of the sciences. This paper economy will crash when China and India start to create more patents than we do and most of it is the greed of corpoarte managers destroying the very people that built these firms into world powerhouses. We can't rely on foreigners to continue to come here to do our research and wealth creation for us, some day they will decide India and China are better places to live than uprooting their families. US managers are the most overpaid in the world and it is not good for the shareholders to make them think they are worth that much. Proof, GM management are lousy bums compared to Toyotas management that is paid much less.

Heat
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Unions are an abusive, exploitive, siphoning, economic enigma. They need be, and will be dismantled. [[[

No argument here...I think the citizens of N.Y: learned that lesion with the illegal strike.

Zorrowins
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How about we say f the PC talk,, posted by Patrick on Dec 24, 2005

I also gained the knowledge necessary through this board to meet my lovily Peruvian Wife!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas and my eternal gratitude to everyone who contributed to my education. None of which would have been possible without this forum--Thanks To Patrick!!!!!!
Chris F
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to How about we say f the PC talk,, posted by Patrick on Dec 24, 2005

that I am sharing a wonderful first Christmas here in the United States with my lovely wife. Your board made it posible for me to learn more about South America as well as Peru. For that...I cant thank you enough for creating Planet Love..

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family Patrick!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: