Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 19, 2024, 04:28:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heat gives a gift to PL  (Read 102359 times)
Joeylikey
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I could write a book on why I depise the..., posted by BenKramer1 on Dec 28, 2005

Oh no, the Conspiracy Theory!!
Pete E
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I could write a book on why I depise the..., posted by BenKramer1 on Dec 28, 2005

You were prosecuted based on a law that was not in effect at the time you did whatever they want to prosecute you for?Seems any lawyer could get you off on that one,its unbelievable.What makes me think we are not getting the whole story?I suspect there is LOTS MORE to it.
But,one thing,if you choose to fight the IRS for instance,you can run out of money trying and they can proceed forever,which gives them an unfair advantage.
I know a guy who lost a big row with them and everything he had and choose to live an underground lifestyle,in effect screwing himself to avoid dealing with them.He was wealthy once and probably could have created that wealth again by staying mainstream,but he has been underground for years living a marginal lifestyle.He sure showed them ,right?Cutting of his  nose to spite his face?They could care less.
There comes a time to just drop these it ain't right wars and get on with your life,or you can wind up screwing yourself trying to  spite someone else or in an effort to be vindicated.Life can be unfair sometimes.Do you want to make your whole life about fighting a being right issue.

Pete

BenKramer1
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I could write a book on why I depise..., posted by Pete E on Dec 28, 2005

Which there is so very little of these days in the US. From what I hear its not much different in other countries either. My friend who I am working with won a RICO suit in Federal Court, but the crooked judges are preventing him from collecting on it. How much more corrupt can you get than that Huh

Ben

BenKramer1
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I could write a book on why I depise..., posted by Pete E on Dec 28, 2005

n/t
doombug
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

A rock and a hard place.  People expect (or believe) laws to be set in stone, yet there has to be an allowance for malleability as the country  progresses (or degresses, hehe).  

Contrast Thomas Jefferson's take on ex post facto...

"The sentiment that ex post facto laws are against natural right, is so strong in the United States, that few, if any, of the State constitutions have failed to proscribe them. The federal constitution indeed interdicts them in criminal cases only; but they are equally unjust in civil as in criminal cases, and the omission of a caution which would have been right, does not justify the doing what is wrong. Nor ought it to be presumed that the legislature meant to use a phrase in an unjustifiable sense, if by rules of construction it can be ever strained to what is just."

...with the decision fifteen years earlier in Calder v. Bull (1798).

"Justice Paterson argued that the bar on the impairment of contracts suggested that the framers of the Constitution intended the prohibition on ex post facto laws to include 'crimes, pains, and penalties, and no further.'

"According to Justice Iredell, the purpose of the ex post facto clause did not extend to 'civil cases, to cases that merely affect the private property of citizens.'"

The decision makes sense on a certain level.  One has to allow for the potential outlawing/restriction of unforseen practices that could one day get out of hand, infringe on others, or squeek through loopholes.  

By the way, this wasn't a dig on you or your situation.  I just wanted to share an element of ex post facto that people might not have been aware of.

Peace out!  

Keith NC
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Just another leftwing lawyer.  You guys are destroying this country.
doombug
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I could write a book on why I depise..., posted by Keith NC on Dec 28, 2005

LOL!  You may be more right than you know (regarding lawyers).

I'm reading a great book right now, "Big Fat Liars:  How Politicians, Corporations, and the Media use Science and Statistics to Manipulate the Public," and there's a chapter titled "The Attack on Business" that addresses this problem.

"As recently as 1972, there were 10,000 more doctors than lawyers (including judges) working in the U.S., according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.  Yet by 1999, the country had in excess of 200,000 more lawyers (not counting judges) than doctors.  And this imbalance is growing."

He estimates that there are now roughly 950,000 non-government lawyers in the U.S.

"Trial Lawyers, Inc. [a report on the nation's biggest tort law firms]... is among the biggest businesses in the nation, even though it produces nothing and instead leeches off the production of others.  The tort lawyer industry in the U.S., [the] report notes, has revenues half again as great as Microsoft Corp. and twice the income of Coca-Cola."

The book quotes some findings from a 2003 report on Trial Lawyers, Inc. that was released by the Center for Legal Policy of the Manhattan Institute:

"The classic conception of a plaintiff's lawyer is an advocate who waits until he is approached by a client with a grievance to be resolved--by negotiation, if possible, and by court action only as a last resort.  But that conception is far from the current reality, at least for the big paintiffs' attorneys running Trial Trial Lawyers, Inc."

"These leading plaintiffs' lawyers run complex, multi-million dollar organizations that use sophisticated and expensive marketing to pursue clients through every commercial avenue, including the Internet.  Like any business expanding its market presence, Trial Lawyers, Inc., uses sales tactics such as no-cost, no-risk offers.  As one lawsuit-industry-sponsored Web site declares, 'Seek justice NOW by submitting your class action information online to be considered for a FREE case evaluation!'  These tactics are often designed to launch mass tort cases of the sort that have all but replaced the principle of fair and impartial justice with a new governing principle: winning through intimidation."

BenKramer1
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I could write a book on why I depise..., posted by Keith NC on Dec 28, 2005

I am not a lawyer, but a self educated paralegal, and I am far from being a left winger. Wise up man !

Joeylikey
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I could write a book on why I de..., posted by BenKramer1 on Dec 28, 2005

I work in the jail system and you sound a lot like an inmate. A wannabe jailhouse lawyer. Blaming the government for everything and anything. Never taking responsibility. HHMMMMMMMM
Joeylikey
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: I could write a book on why I de..., posted by BenKramer1 on Dec 28, 2005

I work in the jail system and you sound a lot like an inmate. A wannabe jailhouse lawyer. Blaming the government for everything and anything. Never taking responsibility. HHMMMMMMMM
BenKramer1
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Something strange, posted by Joeylikey on Dec 28, 2005

Sure easy for you to say something stupid like that when you dont know what you are talking about. Its about due process, do you know what that is  ? Dont keep talking like a total moron.

Ben

Keith NC
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Something strange, posted by BenKramer1 on Dec 29, 2005

What are you, like 10 years old?  I will be amazed if any of the ladies in Latin America wants to be with someone like you.  You sound like a sniveling little brat that doesn't get his way.

Keith

Joeylikey
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2006, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Something strange, posted by Keith NC on Dec 29, 2005

The secret is out Ben. You really need to find a forum, not this one, to spew your hatred. Like Keith said, I also will be amazed if you can get a Latin women.
BenKramer1
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Something strange, posted by Keith NC on Dec 29, 2005

if you dont like my attitude you can shove it man ! What makes you I give a damn what you think ? LOL !

Ben

Joeylikey
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Something strange, posted by BenKramer1 on Dec 29, 2005

So, when was your release date. You should really control your hatred. Yes, I do know what due process is all about. It looks like the only opionion you want to hear is your own. If we don't bow down to you we must be the enemy. In my job I work with a lot of wackos. 99.9% of them sound like the stuff that you are preaching. You should re-read your posts. Does that sound like the thoughts of a normal person?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: