Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 07:26:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Colombia Disaster  (Read 53487 times)
RonA
« on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I recently made my first trip to Colombia.  I read several of these forums prior to my trip, and I improved my Spanish before the trip also.

I have been to Colombia only once, and I have used only one agency there.  My experience is limited in Colombia, but I talked to many other American men while there.

My trip was a disaster.  Colombia is an ugly country and the women are very overrated.  The worst part, however, was the agency.  I was about 24 hours away from getting engaged to a Colombian woman that the agency knew is a prostitute.  The agency told me that she was a "sales clerk in a nice store."

Why is Colombia touted so highly on these forums?  I don't understand it.  Based on my conversations with other American men there, my experience in Colombia is common.

Why do you trust the agencies in Colombia?

Pete E
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

A guy thinking because he met a hooker at an agency that this is common and that the agencies condone it.While there may be hookers at agencies most agencies will bounce them fast when they find out,they do not need guys like you thinking they condone it.Its bad business pure and simple.
BUT,any guy who tells me Medellin is ugly,especially the area around Colombian sweethearts had to be looking from inside his a-s.Which would explain the other misperceptions.
I don't doubt you met a hooker.I don't doubt you were  dumb enough to almost ask her to marry you.The rest of it is a very bad attitude blaming an agency and all other agencies for your own bad judgement.Then seeing only sh!t where others  see a beautifull country and have found  great women.

Pete

Frank O
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I can immagine , posted by Pete E on Dec 18, 2005

nt
Looking4Wife
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

These contradictory comments speak for themselves...

"I recently made my first trip to Colombia... the women are very overrated... I was about 24 hours away from getting engaged to a Colombian woman... The American women where I live are definitely hotter than the Colombian women in Medellín"

RonA
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Credibility Alert, posted by Looking4Wife on Dec 18, 2005

My comments are not contradictory.
zack
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Ron,

I haven't been to the agency scene for quite a while and perhaps things have changed since then. I have met a few bad ladies in this quest but I have never dated a prostitute (as far as I know) from an agency. The gringos I have talked to, despite a few setbacks, had good things to say about Colombia and the ladies. I'm not saying that none of the agency ladies are prostitutes. I'm sure some are but I have never known a gringo (personally) who had that experience. I have been reading this forum for years and almost all first-timers return from Colombia happy and enthusiastic about finding a future wife. You are one of the few who had a very bad experience on your first trip.

I strongly recommend you take another trip to a different Colombian city. If you don't like agencies perhaps you can attend a tour party. Or maybe you can search for a Latina on the web, exchange some emails and later make a trip to visit her. If you give up on Colombia then what is your next plan? American Ladies? European Ladies? Remain single? Whatever your choice, keep your head up and don't get discouraged, as difficult as that may be at times. Good luck.

Zack

RonA
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by zack on Dec 18, 2005

I may go back for a second trip but without using any of these bogus agencies.  None of the other American men that I met in Colombia spoke positively about the agencies, either.  It surprises me that a few defend such agencies on these forums.  It surprises me even more, however, that the American men that I met in Colombia keep using such agencies - it seems self-destructive.  They seem to be stuck in a rut that they can't get out of.
Craig
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

[This message has been edited by Craig]

Colombia is an ugly country? Are you kidding me? I've been to every state in the USA and Colombia is right up there with some of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. You know in order to see Colombia you need to get out of your room from time to time... Stop smoking what you got cause anyone who say's Colombia is ugly is full of S@#T in my book.
Dan Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Why would you even think of getting engaged to a women you have only known for a couple of weeks? Would you do the same here in the states?  

Why do so many complain that they were used and abused, yet they don't take any time to really get to know these women?  

Perhaps we are regulating the wrong people??? Should we enact a law to protect men from themselves???

Dan

RonA
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by Dan Las Vegas on Dec 18, 2005

You are asking the wrong questions.  The right question is...Why are agencies lying to their American customers and aggressively "pushing" women that they know are prostitutes?
ROGUEAGENT
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

RonA wrote:
The right question is...Why are agencies lying to their American customers and aggressively "pushing" women that they know are prostitutes?
--

The right question is...what is your basis for such an extreme assertion? Have you taken a poll of many agencies throughout Colombia that you have personally visited, done interviews, and gathered statistics? What evidence do you have that your experience is much more than the unusual, isolated case? American men are open about the flaws of various agencies just like they are able to complain about the flaws and failures of customer service of many other sorts of businesses, but I have never heard of what you speak of even once. Agencies are sensitive to the major damage done to their reputations by having prostitutes among their female members. Of course there's exceptions to any rule, but they are just that...exceptions. Much more likely is a failure to screen sufficiently, or a lower level employee having suspicions but no real evidence to back them up, or many other possibilities. Some agencies and services don't do any screening. (And how do we *know* that match.com and amigos.com have no subscribers that are prostitutes?) It's unfortunate if you in fact ran into the rare exception, but making sweeping, excessively negative, statements about other agencies because of your one experience makes *your* credibilty and perceptions look questionable.

ROGUEAGENT
(no, I'm not affiliated with an agency)

Dan Las Vegas
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Another Colombia Disaster, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

I think asking why you would even consider becoming engaged with a woman you have only know for a couple of weeks, a correct question.  You make some wild allegations...what evidence do you have to support your conclusions? aside from what you have heard from other allegedly disgruntled customers?

Either way, I wish you well...good luck in your search.

Ray
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

At least you can take her for a test drive to see if the sex is going to be any good… :-)

RonA
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Advantage of Marrying a Prostitute, posted by Ray on Dec 18, 2005

I did that, and the sex was good.  I still need to go to the doctor for a STD test.  Who knows what she has swimming around in there.
Ray
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Advantage of Marrying a Prostitute, posted by RonA on Dec 18, 2005

Tip of the day: Next time you go out with a prostitute, wear a rubber :-)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: