Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
April 29, 2024, 08:53:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The state of affairs Manizales/Cali  (Read 16546 times)
Craig
« on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I just returned from another trip to Manizales Colombia to see my fiancée. No offense to my brothers here in the states but I enjoy being the only Gringo in a city and this time did not meet one gringo my entire stay. The truth as I see it… Cali is ruined by the gringos and goof balls all over the world that have made it difficult to meet desirable women at an agency. The women have also been corrupted and have so many choices. This is because only about 8% of all the women in an agency are being asked out …the most attractive of course. The re-sellers are selling the same contact information, making the odds of meeting a women very difficult, and I know for a fact that many of the women are not available…many married…some in the states studying English in Miami and many with multiple boyfriends who they play. This is the truth ask any of the veterans on this board and I’m sure they will agree. About 3% of the most attractive women are getting 98% of the contact. This is what you’re up against. My fiancée went with 6 women from work to a letter writing site who sells to re-sellers of the six women she got 45 letters the rest combined got 0 that’s amazing…0. The same at the agencies the same 3% are getting 98% of the citas. It’s funny a girl on an agency web-site who said I was her soul mate is now married to a another guy 3 months after I left Cali. It's laughable…but expected these women are not going to wait around and they shouldn’t but is this the kind of girl you should marry?

I met my fiancée in Colombia in the town of Manizales she was a friend of a friend. My Colombian friend told me if I wanted to party stay in Cali if you want marriage material meet a Piasa, or a Manizalita. Hell…I’ve been going to Cali for 6 years and I love that city but it was time for a change. After about a year of dating my fiancée showed me letters she received on one of those dating web-sites she had joined before she met me…what I found out was amazing. She received about 45 letters in a three-week period. From doctors, cops, you name it she got it. I was stunned when I read them. The arrogance just spilled out. The doctor who was a good looking guy very successful wrote a five page letter describing how lucky a women would be to get the chance to be by his side and she better act quick or he won’t be available. Telling her he could tell she was a beautiful person by looking into her eyes. Other guys telling her basically the same thing but just not as arrogant. I asked my fiancée “why me?” I’m not the best looking guy the richest, or the smartest… so why me? The answer to this question is obvious and I will tell anyone who is truly interested in meeting a beautiful women how not to make a complete ass out of yourself. I will tell you how I did it but not in this post just send me e-mail and I will call you or you can call me. I will tell you how a decent guy got the best, most intelligent, good natured, attractive, sexy women I have ever known and loved.

Manizales is a great city. At night college students walk the streets late in the night. Lots of little coffee shops, bars, and things…very bohemian like. Beyond that not much to do. The city is much more beautiful then Cali as cold and damp as Bogota or worse. It rains, fog and the airports closes all the time and since the Avianca pilots fly by site into Manizales airport if it’s bad weather your not going anywhere. As far as agencies go there is one somewhere but I have no idea where in Manizales...they don’t advertise and do a lot of reselling.  I don’t think you could go to Manizales without a command of the Spanish language and meet women, unless you made contact before and established some sought of friendship through writing and phone calls. The women seem more reserved and made no notice I was a gringo unless they saw me with my fiancée then we got lots of attention. If any of you want my advice on the agency scene in Cali of elsewhere I would love to help and offer you my advice and return the good will I received over the years by others. Take care.

Craig.

Chris F
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The state of affairs Manizales/Cali, posted by Craig on Dec 10, 2005

When you mentioned...

"About 3% of the most attractive women are getting 98% of the contact."

I will say my experiences with the agency scene in Cali supports that statement...The very beautiful ladies who really had their act together had just as many "meetings" set up on a Saturday as the gringos did....They know they are in high demand.

pablo
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The state of affairs Manizales/Cali, posted by Craig on Dec 10, 2005

..."send me e-mail and I will call you or you can call me."

Chris,

Your contact information including your email address is undisclosed in your profile.  What is the best way to contact you?

Chris F
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I consider Heat and expert on Cali because he has lived there.....he has written extensively about his experiences in Cali  six months ago on Planet Love...

I am interested in reading Heat's opinion to this post...

Heat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Where's Heat's opinion on this???, posted by Chris F on Dec 11, 2005

The truth as I see it… Cali is ruined by the gringos and goof balls all over the world that have made it difficult to meet desirable women at an agency.[[[

The truth is always somewhere in the middle.

Are there spoiled women in the agencies?  You bet there are a ton of them.  Why? because the gringos are stupid and the Colombians are smart.  The milk them like Jersey Heifers.  But as Jamie so elegantly pointed out that equates to a very small percentage of them.  The trick is really no trick at all.  It involves learning the language and following the advice of the veterans here.  It also involves getting out of the agency scene and into the street to meet the regular girls.  Or finding the gems that are hiding in the pack.  The big question is Cali fished out?  Hell no is the answer.  And can a you find a great wife in Cali?  Yes you can.

Manizales is a great place to fish for women.  If I were into a conservative type women I would look there for a bride.  However as I like them more on the wild side I went to Cali to hook up girls.
I was not looking for a bride.  Read Lots of hot sex!  

It just so happens I met the love of my life in Cali

The daughter of an M.D. With a post grad in engineering. She is 17 years younger than me.  A U.S. Visa and a rich girl with income of her own from a finca she is not typical of what you might find.  For my birthday she is taking me to a strip bar and paying for the fun.  Again she is not typical.

So the arguemnt here is really easy to solve.  Go to Colombia with a plan.  Learn the language and don{t fish where the fish are used to stealing the bait.

Oh and let me tell you there are some real weird Gringo son of a beaches in the agency.  If you are a normal guy you will be like a Price to the real women.

Jamie
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Craig congratulations on your fine.

“Cali is ruined by the gringos and goof balls”

This is not possible the numbers of foreign men that interact with the local women is a very small number compared to the 2 million plus people who live in the city. To judge your observations and experience from such a small circle as inclusive to the city as a whole can’t be applicable. If we take your numbers only 8% of the women in agencies have dated foreign men. 8% of all the agency women in Cali would most likely be under 1000 women. The foreign men that visit Cali to date these women would have to be much lower. So are you trying to say the impact of less than 2,000 people (and we are assuming all 2000 are bad) has negatively influenced the 400,000 plus single women to the ruination of Cali? This is simple not true or possible.

“The women have also been corrupted and have so many choices.”

More choices for everyone is good. Yes it would be nice if we could eliminate competition but that advantage is for the benefit of only one person.
Someone that is corruptible can not be of good content to begin with. It’s good to see people for how they really are but I don’t buy the generalization that women have been corrupted.

“About 3% of the most attractive women are getting 98% of the contact.”

This is not even close to the truth. Do you have someone in the dating or agency business to provide support for this? I can’t access what my numbers are at this moment because my system is being worked on but I posted such information on another forum and it is a misconception to believe it is only the cream of top getting almost all the attention. It is roughly about 30% of the women receiving 70% of the attention. Now dating sites would give you different numbers because one guy can email hundreds of women at no extra cost while with an agency your cost would go up with such an approach so you are more selective. You obviously have much less competition at an agency than you would at a dating site. Agencies are more expensive and so anything that is priced higher provides less demand which means less competition for the guy that goes this route.  

The Colombian women I see getting married to the Americans are primarily the 6, 7’s and 8’s. If what you said was true it would only be the 9’s and 10’s because those are the only ones you say are getting dates but it’s not true in Barranquilla and I would bet it is not true of Cali.

“This is what you’re up against.”
But men have been up against this well before there was ever dating agencies it’s the way life is. But the women are in the same boat the better looking men will have more choices and get more women again nothing new here.

You are right about how some of the men write. Many men are inept when it comes to getting women, what to say and how to say it, but at the same time you have women that are pea brains and don’t know the difference between class and substance and a man that is boring and foolish. So you have a match somewhere in there I think.

Engage the Exotic - Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

valleydude
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Cali and Competition, posted by Jamie on Dec 10, 2005

"To judge your observations and experience from such a small circle as inclusive to the city as a whole can’t be applicable." jaja

Yours truly,

V-Dude!

surfscum
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

"Many men are inept when it comes to getting women, what to say and how to say it, but at the same time you have women that are pea brains and don’t know the difference between class and substance and a man that is boring and foolish. So you have a match somewhere in there I think."

That's a keeper, Jamie.

Craig
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

What I'm saying Jamie is that the agencies seem to put the most attractive women on the websites leave them there long after the girl has left the agency( married, left the country, ect) and It's not that I know an agency owner closely it's waht I saw  first hand in Cali.

I don't want to give people the wrong impression " Cali is my favorate city in Colombia" and Heat is correct many women to be found outside an agency I just didn't like what I saw happening in a certain agency and I'm not blaming the agency it's just the way things are in Cali... I will say that Luz Amparo is a gem and will treat you with concern and care.

Heat
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

nt
fathertime
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

In Oct. when I was in Cali I went out with 3 women who had never been on a date with anyone from the agency.  These were very good looking women.  I also went out with 3 women who were agency favorites clearly.  When all was said and done the 3 that were agency favorites were far less fun than the "Disregarded" ones.  The "Disregarded" ones all wanted a 2nd date and seemed to truely be interested in me while the "Chosen" ones were very polite but more distant and gave me little of that vibe needed to move forward.  
Like anyone, I like a pretty woman although my defination of pretty is not exclusive to only the agencies top dogs.  I was pleasently surprised at the unspoiled pickings just a notch below "The beautiful People".  
I look forward to seeing more of one of the unspoiled ones in January.

Chao
Fathertime

Pete E
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chosen VS Disregarded, posted by fathertime on Dec 10, 2005

Some of the disregarded just have bad photos.They usually always look better in person.But even if they are a notch below give me responsiveness over cold disinterest.I saw some hotties at a recent party.Didn't seem interested in anything but themselves.You can have them ,good looks and all,just spoiled little girls in my opinion.Give me about 10 years more age,at least 30's.Then you get past the spoiled stuck on themselves disinterested in everything little girls.
Even one of my friends who is a very good looking guy has one that seems a little like this to me.Even if you potentially have what it takes you still got a spoiled little girl.
NO,thank you.

Pete

Craig
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Chosen VS Disregarded, posted by fathertime on Dec 10, 2005

I used and agency one time in six years of going to Cali. I never said "hay give me the top girls." It's just happend that the girls I'm attracted too tend to get all the attention. What should I do say ...here's one she's not really the most attactive but I'll give her a try cause she's nice person? Is this something your going to tell her some day, that she was not the best looking women in the agency but you seemed nice? I doubt it.

I'm not saying you have done this but what I beleive if you date a women and you're not 100% attracted to her then you do her a dis-service.

Every women I have been with has been that way for me...when I am with them no one compares.

take care

Craig

fathertime
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Chosen VS Disregarded, posted by Craig on Dec 10, 2005

I agree that it is a waste of everyones time to go for someone that is not going to meet the threshold of acceptable attractiveness that you/I can accept.  In my case my number one choice going into my trip was one of the girls that had never been out with anyone and I was somewhat amazed.  She looked real good in photos and much better in person.  She had been with the agency for a long period of time as well, so it proves your earlier point about a very low percentage of girls getting all the dates.  Put this "disregarded" girl in the states and she would never be lacking in interested suitors. I feel like I found a hidden gem.
Hasta Luego
Fathertime
utopiacowboy
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Chosen VS Disregarded, posted by fathertime on Dec 10, 2005

There are several main reasons why a woman gets completely overlooked. Most gringos, like most Colombianos, don't want a woman with children. Most gringos, like most Colombianos, don't want a woman over 30. So if you have a woman over 30 with children, you may be the only guy who is even interested in her. She may be an absolute gem but she is out of the question for the under 30, no children group.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: