Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 09:37:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!  (Read 39029 times)
Ray
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dying to Get In, posted by Gary Bala on Dec 13, 2005

Now I see your problem Gary...you belive 60 Minutes and MSNBC!  :-)

I also saw that stupid 60 Minutes story. If you listen to Ed Bradley and his ilk, you would think that any money spent on controlling the border is just a big waste of taxpayer funds, the implication being that we should just pull everyone out and leave the borders wide open so all of those poor innocent workers could come and go as they please. THAT is the Democratic position!

Well, Ed Bradley and 60 Minutes are full of crap! I live a couple of miles from the border and I had to endure that bull shit that went on here nightly for many years, until they drove the illegals out into the desert by closing down the San Diego sector. FINALLY, we had a little peace at night. No mere illegals running through our yards. No more illegals stealing every truck with a camper shell or van that they could find. No more illegals breaking into our homes and stealing everything in sight. No more high speed chases on our neighborhood streets with dead bodies strewn across the roadways.

FINALLY someone got serious and solved our problem here in San Diego and Ed Bradley says it was all a big waste of money? Horse Crap! Ed Bradley is an ass! And the Clinton administration didn’t just suddenly decide to do something about the border situation here in San Diego. They were shamed into it by a bunch of concerned citizens who decided to do something on their own.

Operation Light Up the Border had hundreds of people drive to the border every evening and aim their cars’ headlights across the river channel where most of the crossings occurred. It worked so well that the government had to stop it for fear of looking like a bunch of incompetent idiots. Because of a local radio talk show host named Roger Hedgecock and some concerned citizens, we now have a peaceful border in San Diego. And La Raza, the ACLU, 60 Minutes, and all of the other leftists can stick it where the sun don’t shine as far as I’m concerned.

Ray

Gary Bala
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dying for the TRUTH, posted by Ray on Dec 13, 2005

I subscribe to the Republican (conservative) Bush plan for immigration, which couples enforcement with a temporary guest worker program. As for the Democrats dropping the ball on immigration, last time I checked, the Clinton Administration and the Democrats have not been in ruling power of any branch of federal government for the past 5 years Smiley
G.
Ray
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Actually..., posted by Gary Bala on Dec 14, 2005

Gary,

The Bush Plan is a joke and is NOT supported by conservatives. And the Democrats are fighting anything that would make a real difference in controlling the borders.

The Democrat controlled legislature here in California wants open borders, free education, health care, driver's licenses, college scholarships, etc. for illegals. They are consistently opposed to anything that might stifle the growth of their Latino voting base and they could care less about the rest of us poor suckers who have to pay for all of this crap.

Ray :-)

mudd
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dying for the TRUTH, posted by Ray on Dec 13, 2005

n/t
mudd
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Dying to Get In, posted by Gary Bala on Dec 13, 2005

Until they enforce laws that punish people and businesses that hire them, have a good way to check to see if they are legal, and actually patrol the border, it will never stop. Welcome to the "United States of Mexico" :-)
Gary Bala
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Dying to Get In, posted by mudd on Dec 13, 2005

[This message has been edited by Gary Bala]

As Michael Chertoff, Homeland Security Secretary testified to Congress in Oct. 2005: "We're going to need more than just brute enforcement...citing President Bush's statement: "Enforcement cannot work unless it is part of a larger comprehensive immigration reform program."

In other words, a long-term solution requires a long-term strategy which gets at the root causes of why people are migrating "illegally" while also enabling U.S. businesses to employ some people for jobs not wanted by domestic workers. This in turn may require, among other things, (as unpleasant as it may sound), some form of temporary guest worker program.

CelticUrge
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Dying to Get In, posted by Gary Bala on Dec 13, 2005

Where did I read the following concept? I think it was somebody here months ago.

Pay the Mexican Generals $1M in cash, deposited into an account from which they can only withdraw at the end of the fiscal/calander year. Every time one gets across in the Generals' jurisdiction, subtract $10,000 from the total sum.

Dan Las Vegas
« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Dying to Get In, posted by Gary Bala on Dec 13, 2005

While it does sound bad, why not try some sort of guest worker program?  Allow people to enter the usa with a "worker visa" limit the amount of time that they could stay here and this way at least they would have to pay taxes etc and remove part of the burden to the taxpayers? The current programs we have now are not working and we are over run with illegals, costing the taxpayers a fortune for medical care etc....

just my two cents..

Ray
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Dying to Get In, posted by Dan Las Vegas on Dec 13, 2005

Dan,

We had such a guest worker program at one time here in California. The Bracero Program allowed Mexican farm workers to temporarily come here legally and provide needed farm labor. They would return home after harvest time and then come back for the planting season.

The Mexican government took a percentage of their pay as a means of forcing them to save for their retirement. Well, guess what? The Mexican government ripped off it’s own citizens and now won’t give them all of their retirement investment. Like I said before, the REAL problem is with the crooked politicians in Mexico City!

Ray

Dan Las Vegas
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Bracero Program, posted by Ray on Dec 13, 2005

Thanks for the info Ray, I was not aware that they tried a program like that in the past. Something has to give soon, the problem is getting out of control. Having just moved back to California after six years in Las Vegas, the problem seems worse than ever here in Southern California.

DAn

mudd
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Re: Dying to Get In, posted by Dan Las Vegas on Dec 13, 2005

two reasons, one, the so called "jobs that Americans wont do" is because the pay is so little, you cant survive on it, if your legal and paying taxes, health care ect.  2, big business wants the illegal’s here, so somebody will accept the low wages that most Americans can’t live on. It’s all a circle that the government and the big industries don’t want to break.

Until the economy really goes in the krapper, and Americans are fighting for those jobs because it’s either don’t work, don’t eat, I don’t think it will change until then.

Ray
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to If anyone wants to get tough..., posted by Gary Bala on Dec 12, 2005

:-)
mudd
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Help!, posted by Ranger71 on Dec 12, 2005

If she actually got the visa and it wasn’t a fake, then they would let her in, and I doubt they would question it. Seen lots of young Colombians with tourist visa's entering Miami.
But, and here it the but part. even though  tons of Mexicans cross the border every day, get caught and promise to appear at their court date, about 97% never do, I wonder why, duh!!!!  Mexicans get better treatment for some reason.  But when you actually get a tourist visa and stay past the allowed dates, they will make you a priority case. If they catch you and deport you, they will ban you from the country for 10 years, or more. Even if you get married and have kids, so my personal experience tells.  and I have a friend in the border patrol, who actually knows something. They really get pissed if you get a visa and abuse it.

Now a b1 work visa, im not sure about, I will have to ask my friend.

Ray
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Help!, posted by mudd on Dec 12, 2005

mudd,

I think you are referring to the “Catch and Release” program where NON MEXICANS who are apprehended near the border are often released on their written promise to appear in court later. These are mostly illegals from Central and South America. Mexicans are generally bussed back to the border and released there. I heard recently that the government is supposed to stop this stupid practice, if it hasn’t already.

Also, people with valid visas are turned away at their P.O.E. all the time. I knew of a Filipina lady who had a 10-year multiple-entry visa and she had been here to visit several times. She met a American man and they were engaged to be married. When she arrived at the airport in L.A., she was asked the purpose of her visit and she said to visit her American fiancé. BINGO! They denied her entry, canceled her visa, and sent her right back home. Why? Because she was now considered an intending immigrant and a risk for not returning. The Consular officers overseas issue the visas, but the immigration officers at the P.O.E. determine who is admitted and for how long.

Ray

mudd
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Correction..., posted by Ray on Dec 12, 2005

Yep, the "catch and release" program, what a joke.  Sorry, but the Mexicans get the same treatment, (most border officers don’t have the time or don’t care to really check where they are from) burns my friends but over it. most border patrol officers he knows says its all a waste of time unless you take out the  businesses who hires them, no jobs, no illegal crossers, well, im sure their still would be some, but not as many.

Ok, if you’re that dumb with a visa, then you need it taken away. Not saying she was going to marry the guy on it, but that’s pretty lame. But I have seen many young girls go through immigration without any problems (in Houston), with little or no questions that I saw, hell some went through faster than me.  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: