Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 10:01:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help!  (Read 39031 times)
Ranger71
« on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello my friends wifes niece is involved with some ( obviously) shady character in Bogota  who wants to charge her $2k to get her the necessary documentation to get a US tourist visa. This documentation includes bank info, marriage license, whatever it takes to associate this penniless girl with him. This guy does this for a living and yes I am 100% against it, but this girl is desperate to get here and be with my friends  wife, her aunt who is like a mother to her. He told me to find out :
1)  What if his girl was able to actually get a legitimate US Tourist Visa Stamp on the Passport in Bogota( remember she is only 21 or so) would this VISA pass muster at both borders, considering she will not be bringing any money with her as a real tourist does? Basically she is your classic overstayer- young, broke no assets in Colombia whatsoever and on a so called tourist visa.  She speaks no English  and unless she is really lucky she will get the 3d degree at the Border.These fake documents will allegedly prove that she has money in Colombia to the US Embassy in Bogota, but the Miami Border Guards are a different story.  I told him even if she made it out of Colombia, the chances of her getting past the beady eyes of the Dept of Homeland Security in Miami are very slim. If she gets caught, what are the consequences to her? Will she be jailed? Deported? And of course, will this ruin her chance forever like I think of LEGITIMATLEY coming to  the USA? My friends Colombian wife is a USA Citizen and in time ( a long time, yes) she could eventually come. But, like all young people, she does not wat to wait.

2) The shady characater IMHO is a ripoff. Has anyone out there hear of such BS? I think this guy can say bye bye to his $2k and not even see this girl in the US.

Thoughts?

thundernco
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Help!, posted by Ranger71 on Dec 12, 2005

I know people who know people who do this, although the fee is higher.  Do people get over here with a tourist visa obtained through those means?  Sure they do, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it.  Remember, as with any visa, the border agent has the final say.  -TNC
Pete E
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I know of a case where a fake visa was bought.For $7000,not $2000.The person was able to board a plane but when she got to New York INS figured it out and sent her butt back,with the 10 year ban I presume.Be carefull,if you are connected to it you are commmiting a felony,not to be taken lightly.Better go the fiance or spousal visa,legal but slow,or you could have trouble for years to come.

Pete

wayne3
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

How stupid is our system.

Millions of illegals coming across the border and our INS has time to screw with us.  As US Citizens we should be able to invite anybody we want as a guest, and financially vouch for them for a visit.  It really pisses me off that it's such a hassle for me to bring over my wife's family, or her best friend for a visit.

The border is such a cluster fck that I think they should take all the INS out of the airport, and put them on the barbed wire.  If the immigrant can afford a ticket, don't even bother,,,, consider all the illegals crawling under the fence.

In other words, go after the big problem first.

Just my .02

Brazilophile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Help!, posted by wayne3 on Dec 12, 2005

I challenge all you guys (Ray, Mudd, Wayne, etc.) to put your money where your mouths are and run for political office.  Then you can actually put your ideas and words into action!!!

You guys seem to think that the problem is all in the southwest and is with just Mexicans.  Here in south Florida, we have bodies of Haitians and Cubans trying to enter the US illegally washing up on beaches MONTHLY.  Just last week 3 bodies washed up on a Broward county beach.  Every week, the CG intercepts an overloaded boat full of Cubans or Haitians on its way to our shores.

In case you don't follow the news, 2 days ago an American of Jordanian descent ws arrested for masterminding an immigrant smuggling ring that brought in Iraqis and other Mid-easterners into the US.  He apparently had been doing this for the past 4 years and had made millions of dollars.

After you finish the wall along the Mexican border, are you going to build another one along the Canadian border?Huh  Are you aware that many peopple who are refused visas or entry to the US, often try again by entering Canada legally and then entering the US illegally from Canada???

You guys are very supportive of law enforcement and see it as a panacea for all that ails society.  But have you never heard of corruption?Huh  Do you sincerely believe that all the drugs that enter the US is due solely to drug dealer ingenuity and LE understaffing?  Do you sincerely believe that NO LE officers are being paid to let drugs into the US???  Do you sincerely believe that NO Border Patrol or Immigration officers are being paid to let illegal immigrants into the US???  Do you sincerely believe that NO politicians are being paid by business lobbyists to let stand the status quo of allowing illegal immigrants into the US???  

Has it ever ocurred to you guys that there is little effective effort being applied to this situation, not because there is a lack of hare-brained suggestions that would make Nazis blush and start a new X-files series, but rather because the problems are TOO BIG for the US to deal with right now along with other BIG problems the US faces right now???  I.e. that illegal immigration is simply a low priority for the majority of Americans?

Do you talk like this with your foreign wives and girlfriends?  What do you think their reactions might be to your suggestions that the US coercively implant electronic devices in some of their relatives?

Again, go public with your ideas.  Run for office!!!  See if you get elected!

Joeylikey
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Action!  ... not Words, posted by Brazilophile on Dec 14, 2005

Boy, you just don't get it. According to your beliefs, let's just get rid of all law enforcement since they are all corrupt. Do me a favor, go run for office where all you liberals can sit around and bitch at everything.
surfscum
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Action!  ... not Words, posted by Joeylikey on Dec 15, 2005

It's called New Orleans. Look what 60 years of liberal utopia got those poor people.
Ray
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Action!  ... not Words, posted by Joeylikey on Dec 15, 2005

Yep! He'll never get it. Just another pathetic whining leftist who never passes up an opportunity to bash law enforcement people.

He never has anything positive to say about our country or it's government and he still hasn't gotten over the trouncing that the libs took in the recent elections.

Do you know how to tell when he is really upset and his blood is boiling? Just look for the long strings of exclamation points and question marks in his posts. That’s a sure sign that we are getting to him… ROFLMAO!

Ray

Joeylikey
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to The Nattering Nabobs of Negativism, posted by Ray on Dec 15, 2005

I couldn't agree with you more. I am proud to live in this country in good or bad times.
Ray
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Action!  ... not Words, posted by Brazilophile on Dec 14, 2005

In case you didn’t notice, there was a national election last year and the sniveling liberals LOST! That’s why OUR ideas our being voted on in the congress, not YOURS!

When are you going to quit your whining over the results of the elections? You lost so get over it…LOL!

Ray

mudd
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

The public in general is stupid, when you take a person, separate him from a crowd, explain or teach him something, they get it, but as a whole, the public is self centered and narrow minded. this country used to be" for the majority" now it’s for the "minority"

The problem is a whole country issue, like you stated, illegal Middle Eastern and Chinese coming from Canada with a wide open border and the boat crossers from Hati and Cuba, you cant win with the current system and people in place. Terrorists know this, and sooner or later, you’re going to hear a BOOM, and then, everybody will start pointing fingers saying “you didn’t do enough” cant do anything with one hand tied behind your back.

like I said, pass laws that actually do something and enforce them, but that will never happen, too many bleeding hearts and lawyers here to say, "hey illegal’s have the same rights as we do"  and as for me running for country, would never get elected, government, big business and the bleeding hearts wouldn’t stand for it. Nobody like a person who "rocks the boat"

to be honest, if they are caught entering illegaly, put them in jail, put them on a  "chain gang" digging ditches, doubt after a year of hard labor for free, they would return.

CelticUrge
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Action!  ... not Words, posted by mudd on Dec 14, 2005

"The public in general is stupid"

"Men In Black" (1997)

Tommy Lee Jones ....  Agent K (Kay)
Will Smith ....  James Edwards/Agent J (Jay)/"Slick"

Jay: Why the big secret? People are smart, they can handle it.
Kay: A *person* is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

They probably know our weaknesses better than the sum of all of us here. I assume that it's only a matter of time before we are slapped with a sudden and rude awakening to the "real" world. Hope I'm wrong.

I assume that the majority of us here are also completely unelectable for a variety of reasons.

Ross Perot was the closest thing feassible to possibly being elected to higher office. He certainly rocks the boat. So does John McCain, and he's toned it down lately.
Whether we agree with specifics and issues, or not, I think there are some clear advantages to having someone who does indeed rock the boat. The posturing has already been going on for 2008. Bring back Pat Paulson? At least that was fun.

Brazilophile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Action!  ... not Words, posted by CelticUrge on Dec 14, 2005

One former poster here DID run for public office and WAS elected.

Years ago, an agency owner named Tom Alciere (Surname spelling may by incorrect.) was elected to a state legislature.  He had an agency in the Dominican Republic.  He was a right wing extremist like many guys here.

His tenure was notable because he sponsored legislation that brought national attention to him.  He was the subject of a few national news articles.  Unfortunately for him, all the attention was very negative.  I understand he didn't try to run for re-election.

CelticUrge
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Electable, posted by Brazilophile on Dec 15, 2005

Not familiar with this guy. Was he from Florida or the DR? How long ago?

Growing up in south Florida, I recall one year, I think it was 1972, possibly as late as 1975. Took the Turnpike north heading for UF at Gainesville. All the hand dryers at rest stops had a phrase scratched in the paint "Press button and listen to a message from our Governor".

Funny at the time. Still works for me! LOL

Brazilophile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Electable, posted by CelticUrge on Dec 15, 2005

He was American.  He served in the New Hampshire or Maine state legislature from 2001 to 2003.

His agency was called "Select one, She's Yours."  It no longer operates.  I remember it because he had a rule that only male US citizens could use his agency because only US citizens can petition for the fiancee visa.  At the time I was not yet a US citizen and his rule perturbed me.

He often ranted about government intervention in private decisions.  He was also on LWL, that is where I read most of his posts.  I read his posts from late 1998 to late 2000.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: