Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
June 16, 2024, 09:40:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for Advice  (Read 39968 times)
Confused in LA
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Hi,  I am seeking advice from anyone who has experienced bringing a woman to the states from Bogota only to find that she has a 180 degree personallity change.  She gone from this nice polited and caring woman to an over demanding pain in the Ass.

My wife arrived in Los Angeles only 3 weeks ago and her first remarks were this is an ugly city.  I didn't pay attention because it was late at night and we were both tired from the plane and traffic was still pretty busy.  

We have progressed from that to where she doesn't like my friends and gets angry and goes to the bedroom and cries if they call my home.  She now searches my cell phoe log to see if I have called them or if they have called me during the day.  A female friend of mine has tried to be friends with her and get her out during the day but she can't stand her.  

I tried to get her interested in schools but she doesn't want to study or work.  She isn't interested in any hobbies.

Now she wants me to get a Visa for her 8 year old niece and adopt her and I said no.

Is this normal or did I screw up.

Hoda
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Looking for Advice, posted by Confused in LA on Dec 6, 2005

[This message has been edited by Hoda]

You need to reply not now....but RIGHT NOW!!! You sure picked one helluva time to come & ask for help! I find it hard to believe that the behavior your wife is showing now....is the first time, that she's flipped on you. Something ain't right with this story...

Jim C, hold me back, cuz my finger is on the trigger :-)

Patrick
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Why am I seeing everyone but CiLA replyi..., posted by Hoda on Dec 7, 2005

This is nothing compared to the acid-dropping hippie Mexican chick who stabbed her boyfriend series from a couple of years ago.  I suspect this is real.  Can't we wait until she starts smoking pot and kills her husband's dog before we pass judgement?
Hoda
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Why am I seeing everyone but CiLA re..., posted by Patrick on Dec 8, 2005

[This message has been edited by Hoda]

If she smokes, that's her business! But when it comes to dogs...CnLA, better protect it :-)

My personal favorites - Akitas, Rotts & German Stepards.

Montrealer
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Why am I seeing everyone but CiLA re..., posted by Patrick on Dec 8, 2005

mudd
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Why am I seeing everyone but CiLA replyi..., posted by Hoda on Dec 7, 2005

i think its some girl trying to get a rise out of everybody, PULL IT!!!!!
Ray
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Is this going to be a new policy? Can you now get banned for what you didn't post?

Give him a chance to reply. Maybe he has an appointment with an attorney today, or maybe he took his wife to Disneyland...

Confused in San Diego :-)

Hoda
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Hey Hoda!, posted by Ray on Dec 7, 2005

It is "very" possible, that one can "Kiss the Baby" for just that! We've got to be alert for those "Drive-By" trolls, whose sole purpose is to start some BS...

Yours truly....WfaCSiNYC

"Waiting for a Clear Shot in New York City"

Fuzzyone
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

I would bet it was a troll, because we have not heard nothing else so case
closed.
pablo
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Why am I seeing everyone but CiLA re..., posted by Fuzzyone on Dec 7, 2005

CiLA= MaWi? (Marsha Winter)
Hoda
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Re: Why am I seeing everyone but CiL..., posted by pablo on Dec 7, 2005

The "countdown" has begun for CnLA...because the "Baby" is cryinging...LOL
surfscum
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Replies from approx 20 different guys......, posted by Hoda on Dec 7, 2005

Give him some more line.  He'll reveal his true colors soon enough if he's a troll. If his situation is real, he may not have much free time to respond.
Hoda
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: Replies from approx 20 different guy..., posted by surfscum on Dec 7, 2005

it's "possible" that CiLA could have said "Oh WTF...let me post my situation & see what comes back". However, my finger is still on the trigger, because I'm a little suspicious of why he decided to post his "SOS" now as opposed to filling in the board along the way....
Looking4Wife
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

First of all, I want to encourage you and let you know that my prayers are with you, because obviously this is a difficult time for you.

It has already been pointed out that you didn't give any background on your relationship, so we are all at a disadvantage trying to comment or give advice.

I would encourage you to keep track of all those "negative" response from those who have been in your similar situation, telling you to "kick her to the curb", but use those as a last resort.

For whatever reason you thought this lady was a good match for you, and that you could enjoy a life together.  You owe it to yourself and your wife to try to see if your situation can be fixed.  By fixed, I don't mean temporarily "propped up", I mean that with some immediate adjustments, you may be able to have a happy life with this woman.  Despite what others have said, your situation may be correctable in a relatively short time period.  Maybe, maybe not.  The key is "a relatively short period".  

How will you know until you try?  Giving yourself a short but realistic time period is worth it, but you don't want to waste years on something that isn't bringing your life happiness.

I was married to an American woman, which we separated after 15 years, and we were divorced 2 years later.  I can't say for sure that I regret marrying her, but in retrospect if I had to do over again I would have left her after 2-3 years.  We divorced for behaviors she exhibited in the first few months of our marriage, and possibly could have been corrected had they been aggressively addressed, and had she understood that I would leave her in a "relatively short period" if they weren't corrected.

Maintaining a healthy, loving marriage is a challenge for EVERYONE.  None of us are perfect, and we are ALL broken to a certain extent.  Some of us can be fixed more readily than others.

Before giving up, I would encourage you to:

1.  Look at yourself, and what did YOU do (or not do) to create the current situation.  Are you doing all YOU can do to help her adjust?  Are you investing enough time to bond with your wife?

2.  Have some heart-to-heart communication with her to see where her HEAD and her HEART are.

3.  Get some outside help.  Church, professional marriage counselors, www.MarriageBuilders.com (their counseling "seems" expensive, but worth every bit of it), etc.

QUESTIONS:

"We have progressed from that to where she doesn't like my friends and gets angry and goes to the bedroom and cries if they call my home. She now searches my cell phoe log to see if I have called them or if they have called me during the day."

My novia from Barranquilla is always asking about my friends and family.  She loves talking to my parents on the phone.  She is always "sending my friends a hello".  These are people she doesn't know.  Her viewpoint is that my friends are her friends, and my family is her family.  That's the way it should be.  When I arrived in BAQ, she introduced me to all of her family and friends.  Her friends and family are always "sending me a hello", and I talk to her family on the phone.

Did you guys discuss friends and/or bonding with friends?  Did you meet her friends?  Was there any interest expressed in your mutual friends prior to her arriving?

From what you describe, she seems to be trying to be controlling over you, as a way of feeling secure.  Maybe she sees your friends as a threat to you spending time with her?  This may only be a perception in her mind, but in her mind perception may be reality.  If this is the case, maybe you (or a counselor) can help her understand that YOU are their for her emotional support, and there is no threat.

"A female friend of mine has tried to be friends with her and get her out during the day but she can't stand her."

Again, maybe this is a cry for help to try to bond with you, and not someone else.  Maybe she's so scared and maladjusted that she can't bond with ANYBODY until her INNER issues (adjustment, fear, whatever) get dealt with.

"I tried to get her interested in schools but she doesn't want to study or work. She isn't interested in any hobbies."

Did you guys talk about these things while you were dating?  Can't really blame her for this one... unless you're saying she told you she wanted to work, or go to school, and now she is saying she doesn't want to.

As far as hobbies, are you saying she is abandoning her hobbies that were near and dear to her in Bogota?

"Now she wants me to get a Visa for her 8 year old niece and adopt her and I said no."

Clearly this is out of the question.

Good luck and God bless you!
(Buena Suerte y Dios te Bendgia)

Jamie
Run
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »

Based on the sliver of information you gave us (and one would have to wonder why you provided so little information) I would say do what you can to protect yourself and end this relationship as quickly as you can.

That’s a peculiar handle to give oneself. Either you don’t plan on posting much in the future (unless you are always confused in Los Angeles) or this is not a legitimate post. Why would you ask if such behavior is “normal”? If you can’t tell what is normal how can we believe you that she took a 180. Maybe your vision just improved.

Since you know of this forum why did you not ask for advice prior to this fiasco you are now in? I suspect such advice if heeded would have warned you of your present predicament.  

As a side note anyone who thinks Bogotá is prettier than Los Angeles is off their rocker. I lived in Orange County for 20 plus years and I am very familiar with Southern California. LA County has many beautiful neighborhoods and sites that far exceed what Bogotá has to offer.

Engage the Exotic – Latin Women
http://International-Introductions.com

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: