Planet-Love.com Searchable Archives
March 28, 2024, 09:51:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This board is a BROWSE and SEARCH only board. Please IGNORE the Registration - no registration necessary. No new posts allowed. It contains the archived posts from the Planet-Love.com website from approximately 2001 through 2005.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't believe it is finally done !  (Read 42756 times)
Windmill Boy
« on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Hello  Everybody

After about  a  months time and  literally  getting  thrown off of AOL and  having  to  reboot my  computer  60 - 75  times (not  kidding)  I  am  happy  to  announce  that  I am  done  wrestling  with my  computer  (at  least  in this  area)  and  I  now  have  a  first  Web Site  for  myself at .....

http://hometown.aol.com/theobromac/EricsHomepage1.html

After viewing  many  a  web page I was finally inspired  by  a pinay  living in Kentucky who used  the  same  program to create  her page.   I  said  Hell  if  she  can  do it  so  can I (and  I  also  made  a new  friend  along  the  way).  Well  anyhow this  project  grew  and  grew and  it now  consists of links  to  12  different  hopefully entertaining pages, all about  Moi. (with more  to  come  down  the  road in a while).

I  had  a  seafoodless dinner tonight (at  least  for  me)  with  my friend Sharon at  a  Japanese Restaurant.  The 22 oz  Sapporo  beer was  nice  and  the  food  was  okay  but  I still vote  for  Chinese  and  Thai.   Then  we  went to  her  place  to  see how  it  worked  out  on  another  computer.   It  went  pretty  smoothly so I  knew  I was  almost  ready  to  post it.    Her  screen  has  a  reddish hue  to  it  so  it  was  wierd  seeing it  slightly  distorted  from  how  it  looks  on  my  screen.  She was also kind  enough to  catch 6 - 7  spelling  and  punctuation  errors  which  I  hopefully  corrected.

A few technical and other comments ...

1.)  I  have  not  mastered  how  to  do  thumbnails  for  the 50 +  photographs  I  have  crammed onto  this  site  without  having  to  make  an additional web  page link  for  eack image.  So  I  tried  my  best  but  the  Photo's  do not always  do  justice  to  the  actual  images.

2.)  I  am  cheap  so  I  am not  able  to  afford this  high speed  access  stuff.  So  if  you  are  like  me ...  bear  with  me  I  know  some  of  the  pages  will take  a  little while  to  download  as  I  have  a lot  of  pictures on most pages.

3.) It  is  kind  of  scary  trying  to paraphrase  your  life  and  put  it  in front  of  others  to  examine.  Howards  saga  certainly  comes  to  mind.  But  on  the  other  hand  I  have  the  satisfaction of  knowing  that  If  I get hit  by  a  train  tomorrow  there  is  a  part  of  me  floating  around in  cyberspace  now (kind of like the lawnmower man movie).

4.)  How does all of this web site relate to us here at planet-Love?
well I  am  obviously  trying  to  express  myself though  some  of  the  other  mediums I have included.  But if you  dare  to  venture  down the Personal  Ad  link ---  I  am  basically  trying  to  save  myself  some  time.  I can't recall how many  introductory letters  I  have  written  to  girls  I meet  online (mostly  Japanese) saying  the  same  things  over  and  over again only to have  the  girl lose  interest after 1 or  2  letters  for  who knows  what reason (game playing,  Shyness, lack of  communication  skills -- language  barriers).  So  now  I  can  just  refer  them to the  site and  if  they  are  still interested  the  girls  can  make  the next  move.  The site  is  also  somewhat  of  a  weeding  out  mechanism also.  If  the girls  are  competent  enough  to  read  and  understand  what I  have  written  then  these  are  the  types  of  women  I  really  would  like  to communicate  with.  

We  will see if  anything  happens  and  if  you  have  any thoughts  drop me  a  message.  Thanks  for  taking  the  time  to  check  it  out.   Eat  a  twinkie, some  Chocolate, or even fish head soup if  thats  what  you  like, before  you  enter  the  Pastry zone ha ha ha.

That dough boy  otherwise  known  as ....

Windmill Boy

Dave H
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I  can't  believe  it  is  finally done ..., posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 11, 2001

Great web page! If I wasn't married... ;o)) On the other hand, my wife lets me play with my cooking gadgets. She usually looks at me a little strange every time I pull out a new one. The other day I bought a sissor-like meat ball press, so that I can make perfect shaped falafal and meatballs. She wondered why I couldn't just roll them in my hands. Because they wouldn't be of uniform size...of course.

Good luck in the quest for Windmill or Sushi Girl!

Dave "the anal-retentive gadget chef" H.

Windmill Boy
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Darn WB!, posted by Dave H on Dec 14, 2001

Thanks  Dave

For all  of my  culinay  training  at  school that  I  had.  the  chef  that  had the  most  education  was Chef  Chang  from China  for  oriental  cuisine.  She  had  a  method  of  sqeezing  her  hands  somehow  that the  meatballs would  form  themselves  almost  perfectly  one  after  another exiting  between the thumb  and  index  finger.

Thanks  for  your  well  wishing  but  I  will pass  on  the  Sushi  girl  ha ha ha   no  seafood  for  me!

Windmill Boy

Ray
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Darn WB!, posted by Dave H on Dec 14, 2001

...that she doesn't use that meatball press on you Dave. OUCH!
Peaches
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to I  can't  believe  it  is  finally done ..., posted by Windmill Boy on Dec 11, 2001

Eric,

When r u going to send my cake(strawberry moose or
moist chocolate cake or blueberry cheese cake)? Can
u make me one pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?

Peach pie or apple pie is also fine for me.

take care
Peaches

Mr Kabalaka
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Nice job! But on my old 133 it loads slow but you warned us of that. Looking at your Pics makes me home sick for Pismo Beach just north of you.  To bad it's so expensive to own a home there. Have you ever been up to big and little calianta hot springs? Its way up above santa B very nice!

Humabdos

Patrick
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Re: I  can't  believe  it  is  finally d..., posted by Mr Kabalaka on Dec 11, 2001

I deleted your old Humabdos account and changed your current account username to Humabdos.  Please use a single user name on the board.
Humabdos
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to You are now Humabdos (again), posted by Patrick on Dec 12, 2001

Thanks Patrick! I been meaning to ask you to do that espicaly after May 10 told me Kabalaka meant worry lol I'll be a good boy!  Humabdos
Jimbo
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Whether the lady is looking for an insurance saleman type or the Opie type, you've got it covered! LOL  As long as she can handle XXL because either way it's still El Gringo Grande, the mild mannered creative doughboy Shocked))) The search continues - good luck.

Jim

Windmill Boy
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Very nice WB!, posted by Jimbo on Dec 11, 2001

Oh  gosh Pa!  can  I  sell  you  a  25  year term  life  insurance  poicy --- hows  about  you Barney?  ha ha ha

Thanks Jimbo

Windmill Boy

FilipinaCupid
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

An entertaining & informative Personal Profile.

AND

The Lego chef looks just like my brother-in-law.

jen

Jeff S
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

Love the Opie Taylor picture!

-- Jeff S.

P.S. I'll ask Mariko what's the deal with blood types. I know she asked me but I remember when I told her I wasn't sure she was surprised. I think she probably told me long ago but I probably forgot. It had something to do with romantic compatability or personality types I recall, not concern for children's health.

Bob S.
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Great Job Eric!, posted by Jeff S on Dec 11, 2001

From the Quirky Japan link you sent me ( http://www3.tky.3web.ne.jp/~edjacob/saq.html ):

Q.  When I was in Japan, many people asked me what my blood type was because they believed it would reveal my
character.  What is the origin of this belief?

A.  In the 1920's and 30's, blood type became a major issue in Japan because Western scientists were claiming that they proved the inferiority of the Asian race.  In the west, there are very few people of blood type 'B', which is very common among Asians.   When scientists began testing the blood of animals, they discovered that 'B' was the most common blood type among animals and took that to be evidence of Asian inferiority.  Then, in 1927 Furukawa Takeji, a psychologist studied blood types in an attempt to relate them to people's personality types and published a series of articles on his findings.  The blood type obsession however, did not take off until 1971 when the hugely popular book, "What Blood Types Reveal About Compatibility" was published.  The book argued that just as different blood types are incompatible, so too are people with different blood types.  Apparently there have been cases of companies making hiring and promotion decisions based on blood types, and relationships have been broken off because of blood type incompatibility.  People with type AB are said to be particularly discriminated against.

The four blood types are A (Farmers), B (Hunters), O (Warriors), and AB (Humanists).  Farmers are said to be
careful people who like planning and are hard-working and loyal.  They are said to be conservative and uncompromising.   Hunters are independent, outgoing, and liberal.  They tend to have varied hobbies and interests, and are very changeable.  Warriors are leaders and organisers.   Although they are popular and outgoing, they can also be selfish or arrogant.   Humanists are efficient and rational but also said to be stand-offish or shy.

For more information about blood types, visit the following sites:
http://www.bwerith.f2s.com/anime/glossary_blood.html, http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Towers/2172/blood.htm,
http://www.abo-world.co.jp/page/eng.omori.htm

Windmill Boy
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Blood Types, posted by Bob S. on Dec 11, 2001

n/t
Jeff S
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2001, 05:00:00 AM »

... in response to Blood Types, posted by Bob S. on Dec 11, 2001

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: